Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some Suggestions and questions
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Since I am in the process of upgrading ( have purchased and am downloading ) will post here. Now ehen downloading I have 10 seperate downloads and they dont have a name or number. Soeasy to miss one or download one twice so it would be better to have the one download link available ( you can keep the sperate ones for those who like it this way ) that will download the lot with one click.

Also the free Photo Director also has no names and I downloaded both links to find one is as useless as tits on a bull...I dont need the Mac version

Now the question, when upgrading previously the upgarde did not remove previous version. So does this version remove this version and all your projects ? Can you remove this yourself before installing the upgarde or does it have to be their for confirmation purposes ?

Finally I come here and see after logging on the discount is 65% whereas from the PD14 it was only 60%......just a slight annoyance that should be fixed

Basically making the download and installation clearer and not so sloppy only improves your reputation

btw: think this is my 4 th upgrade :
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Now the question, when upgrading previously the upgarde did not remove previous version. So does this version remove this version and all your projects ?
I've been using PD since version 8 and every 'upgrade' has always removed the old version as I recall. If you purchase the FULL version, that does not remove the old version and both can be on the same machine.

So far, Im disappointed in PD15 and PhD 8. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Now the question, when upgrading previously the upgarde did not remove previous version. So does this version remove this version and all your projects ?
I've been using PD since version 8 and every 'upgrade' has always removed the old version as I recall. If you purchase the FULL version, that does not remove the old version and both can be on the same machine.

So far, Im disappointed in PD15 and PhD 8.

for some strange reason I have always ended up with both upgardes on my PC ie. last time ended up with PD13 and 14 but this time it did remove PD14

Not worried about PhotoD as I use GIMP...............

As for PD15 I use it for editing my screen captures in iRacing..........and what swung me was I wanted a better text editing feature and hopefully this has it
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
PD14 is not removed by upgrading to PD15. They both run BUT not at the same time as they share some files. Win 10, i7