Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Feeling ripped off
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I click to purchase a package and I get another pop down that has a combined and the other price is so much higher. Now have owned each version since PD11 ....... now after this unsatifactory attempt to show one price and to get ripped off with something else .... well not good enough

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi wil_s -

Was the link you landed at part of the January sale? Did you apply a coupon code? It's February now, anyway.

I tried to find the bundle in your screenshot, but this was the closest I found ($US):

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi wil_s -

Was the link you landed at part of the January sale? Did you apply a coupon code? It's February now, anyway.

I tried to find the bundle in your screenshot, but this was the closest I found ($US):

Cheers - Tony

Well maybe they should keep their website uptodate and when I looked I didnt see that mentioned

anyway....I doubt if there would be a big improvement so will save myself $70 and not buy it
[Post New]
A good decision if it is your own.
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote A good decision if it is your own.

so you are saying that 16 doesnt have anything that would necessitate an upgrade from 15 to 16?
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A good decision if it is your own.

so you are saying that 16 doesnt have anything that would necessitate an upgrade from 15 to 16?

I think what Al Vodi might be saying is that you are the only one who knows whether the features in 16 are worth buying or not. Why buy 16 if it has a bunch of features that you will not use? If 15 does everything you need it to do, do you truly need 16? These are questions only you know the answers to. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a good intro to PowerDirector 16 highlighting the new. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
I think it depends on what you do now vs what you can do with the new features. For instance, I add background audio to many of my projects. With 15 I had to adjust the audio manually when I wanted the main track to dominate and visa versa for the background audio. The audio ducking feature in 16 can do this. I like to film my sons sports and create action videos for him. 16 has a cool video collage feature that I can use for nice effects with action vids. Photo Director 9 that came with the upgrade has some nice new features that I can use as well. You can accomplish many of these things with older versions but with more manual effort. And thats not a bad thing because you learn new techinques and tricks along the way. But if you want the software to do all that then you have to determine how much time you will save by using new features that the upgrade provides. Or how will these features add to the quality of your project.

The three features I mentioned alone were worth the $70 to me because I use them. I dont do any 360 stuff and dont plan to so that capability is just that. A capability.

However I have seen some of the most amazing vids , clips, effects, title sequences, intros, etc created on much older versions of PD
It still comes down to your own creativity and skill level to use these tools to for maximum effect.

$70 wont make you a better editor but it will give you some extra tools to allow your creativity to expand.

Just my 3 cents. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I think it depends on what you do now vs what you can do with the new features. For instance, I add background audio to many of my projects. With 15 I had to adjust the audio manually when I wanted the main track to dominate and visa versa for the background audio. The audio ducking feature in 16 can do this. I like to film my sons sports and create action videos for him. 16 has a cool video collage feature that I can use for nice effects with action vids. Photo Director 9 that came with the upgrade has some nice new features that I can use as well. You can accomplish many of these things with older versions but with more manual effort. And thats not a bad thing because you learn new techinques and tricks along the way. But if you want the software to do all that then you have to determine how much time you will save by using new features that the upgrade provides. Or how will these features add to the quality of your project.

The three features I mentioned alone were worth the $70 to me because I use them. I dont do any 360 stuff and dont plan to so that capability is just that. A capability.

However I have seen some of the most amazing vids , clips, effects, title sequences, intros, etc created on much older versions of PD
It still comes down to your own creativity and skill level to use these tools to for maximum effect.

$70 wont make you a better editor but it will give you some extra tools to allow your creativity to expand.

Just my 3 cents.

had a look and about the only thing that interests me would be the audio as now and then I make "a track guide"

but looking at it I think PD17 looks the go for me