Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to add text to video ?
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I want to add text to appear on top of the video ...not insert it but have it as a layer that appears on top whilst the video is still running
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the title room and choose a title. Place it on the title track and modify it to your liking.
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Go to the title room and choose a title. Place it on the title track and modify it to your liking.

but I still want the video to show underneath...when I do it you see the text and a black background, I want the background to be the running video
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
The black background of the titles are transparent. So if you put your video clip on track 1 and the title to track 2 or the title track, die text appears on top of your video clip.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The black background of the titles are transparent. So if you put your video clip on track 1 and the title to track 2 or the title track, die text appears on top of your video clip.

Hatti

I thought that would be the case but when I did it , it showed as black background.

Or is that only in the timeline and preview ? Is it that once you produce it then it will show as text only ?
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
No, if it is in preview, it will be in Video.
What exactly did you do?
Which videoclip on track1? Which title from titleroom on track2? Same time?
And then the black background from the title covers the video clip?
Can you provide a snapshot of your timeline?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No, if it is in preview, it will be in Video.
What exactly did you do?

Hatti
didnt read your original reply close enough ... my bad

I was just dropping it on the video instead of making a new track

Thanks for the help
lotusteve [Avatar]
Newbie Location: sheffield Joined: Mar 06, 2018 03:27 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No, if it is in preview, it will be in Video.
What exactly did you do?

Hatti
didnt read your original reply close enough ... my bad

I was just dropping it on the video instead of making a new track

Thanks for the help

i put my text ontop of the clip and it was black. i did not realise i had to put the text on another track. sheffield united.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
You'll find short tutorials on all kinds of ways to use titles here. (And much more.)
bigdeahl13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2018 02:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Go to the title room and choose a title. Place it on the title track and modify it to your liking.

Where do I find this "title room"?
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]

Where do I find this "title room"?

It's the "T" in the icons top left.

Regards
Phil
[Thumb - PD Rooms.PNG]
 Filename
PD Rooms.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Title Room
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
bigdeahl13 [Avatar]
[Post New]

It's the "T" in the icons top left.

Regards
Phil

Thanks!

Do you know what the earliest version of YouCam to have this feature is? Mine doesn't, and it looks like the upgrade they want me to make doesn't have it either.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I don't know YouCam. Perhaps others can answer this.

Regards
Phil
bigdeahl13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sorry, I don't know YouCam. Perhaps others can answer this.

Regards
Phil

Thanks, Phil.

Perhaps if I reframe the question a bit: If I wanted to buy some video-making software which would allow me to add text to video and allow me to do just a few basic tricks with the text, such as fading it in and out and scrolling it, and I didn't want a bunch of other bells and whistles I'm not going to use, and I wanted it to be as inexpensive as possible, what would you suggest?

Thanks,

Steve
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
@CyberLinkSucks13 - I sent you a pm on the 9th, could you check your mailbox?

Many thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do