Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding more Sound to Video
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I capture desktop using Nvidia Shadowplay and edit it and post it on youtube with PD15. Now I capture Sim Car racing ( iRacing ) but I would like to add "over the top" of the engine etc my commentary on that lap. Now i can record it in PD15 and add it and I get the commentary but lose the other sound track..............

So how do you add a soundtrack to a video and keep the one already there as background............?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I capture desktop using Nvidia Shadowplay and edit it and post it on youtube with PD15. Now I capture Sim Car racing ( iRacing ) but I would like to add "over the top" of the engine etc my commentary on that lap. Now i can record it in PD15 and add it and I get the commentary but lose the other sound track..............

So how do you add a soundtrack to a video and keep the one already there as background............?
You use separate audio tracks. You can have up to about 100 video and audio tracks in Powerdirector. If there is not enough tracks showing, you add more tracks.

PD will mix the audio tracks into one stereo or 5.1 channel audio depending on your settings. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I capture desktop using Nvidia Shadowplay and edit it and post it on youtube with PD15. Now I capture Sim Car racing ( iRacing ) but I would like to add "over the top" of the engine etc my commentary on that lap. Now i can record it in PD15 and add it and I get the commentary but lose the other sound track..............

You use separate audio tracks. You can have up to about 100 video and audio tracks in Powerdirector. If there is not enough tracks showing, you add more tracks.

PD will mix the audio tracks into one stereo or 5.1 channel audio depending on your settings.

ok..I thought it would do it but how do you do it ? I can have the edited video with sound.... and then have the other audio below it but how do you combine them , when I tried I lost the engine sound on the video
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

PD will mix the audio tracks into one stereo or 5.1 channel audio depending on your settings.

ok..I thought it would do it but how do you do it ? I can have the edited video with sound.... and then have the other audio below it but how do you combine them , when I tried I lost the engine sound on the video
You need to post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

I think you have not Produced the video. Go to Produce on top of the PD interface and produce your video to AVC H.264 MP4.

MP4 is on the dropdown arrow below AVC H.264. Choose the resolution that is the closest to your Original video. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]

I think you have not Produced the video. Go to Produce on top of the PD interface and produce your video to AVC H.264 MP4.

MP4 is on the dropdown arrow below AVC H.264. Choose the resolution that is the closest to your Original video.

ok....thank you

Once you produce it works but at the moment the voice is to low to be heard clearly

But that is something else...............
Carl312
[Post New]

MP4 is on the dropdown arrow below AVC H.264. Choose the resolution that is the closest to your Original video.

ok....thank you

Once you produce it works but at the moment the voice is to low to be heard clearly

You can do several things to increase the level of the voice, the first is to record the voice louder. The Second is to go into the Audio Mixing Room ( F9 ) and adjust the level of the voice. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]

ok....thank you

You can do several things to increase the level of the voice, the first is to record the voice louder. The Second is to go into the Audio Mixing Room ( F9 ) and adjust the level of the voice.

well I can turn down the sound of the video ( cars ) and increase the voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LfbQJzz8jQ

thats just mucking around.....mic isnt that good but I am also not that clear a speaker

thanks again
Carl312
[Post New]

ok....thank you

You can do several things to increase the level of the voice, the first is to record the voice louder. The Second is to go into the Audio Mixing Room ( F9 ) and adjust the level of the voice.

well I can turn down the sound of the video ( cars ) and increase the voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LfbQJzz8jQ

thats just mucking around.....mic isnt that good but I am also not that clear a speaker

thanks again
The voice is distorted, that happens if you have the level too high and you are getting clipping. Clipping is when you exceed the maximum Digital level.

You can see the clipping in the audio wave form, it shows as bright peaks. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.