Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
took the plunge
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
and upgraded to 16 ...dont really need it but

They still havent fixed my one gripe and that is when producing online it always defaults to facebook and at very low resolution

I see the Standard 2D has my last settings ( H.265 and 1920x1080 ) still in it but not for online.

And yes somehow the last vid got produced at very low resolution ...though I changed it but

at least it should be an option in the options ie. tick....use last settings
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi will_s,

You're right about the Online/YouTube uploader in PDR - it goes back to the lowest resolution setting... unlike other parts of the Produce module. e.g. AVC H.264 MP4 opens with the most recent profile used.

That would be a good thing for the development team to consider.

Still - it's up to the user to check the upload details before hitting "Start" smile

When you use ANY of the Online Uploaders - YT, FB and the rest - your video will be uploaded as a WMV. That's the only option. If you want your videos to look good, I don't think that's a good option.

Have a look at these on YT. I used the trailer of Forza Motorsport 7 - thought it might appeal. The original video was 2.5K/1440p - 2560x1440. Both the produced files are 2560x1440, & both are set to play automatically in 1440p on YouTube.

This one is using the YouTube uploader (WMV) - produced file is 209MB 20Mbps & this one was uploaded directly (MP4) - produced file is 313MB 26Mbps.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi will_s,

You're right about the Online/YouTube uploader in PDR - it goes back to the lowest resolution setting... unlike other parts of the Produce module. e.g. AVC H.264 MP4 opens with the most recent profile used.

That would be a good thing for the development team to consider.

Still - it's up to the user to check the upload details before hitting "Start" smile

When you use ANY of the Online Uploaders - YT, FB and the rest - your video will be uploaded as a WMV. That's the only option. If you want your videos to look good, I don't think that's a good option.

Have a look at these on YT. I used the trailer of Forza Motorsport 7 - thought it might appeal. The original video was 2.5K/1440p - 2560x1440. Both the produced files are 2560x1440, & both are set to play automatically in 1440p on YouTube.

This one is using the YouTube uploader (WMV) - produced file is 209MB 20Mbps & this one was uploaded directly (MP4) - produced file is 313MB 26Mbps.

Cheers - Tony

Sometimes you get lazy with so many programs using the last settings.

And iRacing is not that graphically pretty, its more focused on realistic