Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Improvements in 16 over 15 for what I do ?
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Basically only use it to produce videos of online car racing that I capture using Nvidia Experience. I found the capture from previous versions of PD was below par. Would like to be able to add text like in this attempt a bit easier

basically that is what I use PD for so the question is will 16 do it better and a lot faster ?
Cartof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2017 06:12 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Quote will 16 do it better and a lot faster ?

The rendering (producing as CyberLink calls it..) speed in PD16 is WAY better than in PD15. In my tests (1080p and 4k) CyberLink PowerDirector 16 is the fastest video editor on the planet for those that use NVENC hardware encoding.

One hour of shadowplay source in 1080p/60fps/50Mbit is rendered in 4K in almost 40 min in PD16. If you go with 1080p to 1080p rendering than it could be a lot faster.
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote will 16 do it better and a lot faster ?

The rendering (producing as CyberLink calls it..) speed in PD16 is WAY better than in PD15. In my tests (1080p and 4k) CyberLink PowerDirector 16 is the fastest video editor on the planet for those that use NVENC hardware encoding.

One hour of shadowplay source in 1080p/60fps/50Mbit is rendered in 4K in almost 40 min in PD16. If you go with 1080p to 1080p rendering than it could be a lot faster.

well I am just an amateur and the thing is how much faster over the PD15 is it ? Now if the same file you say took 40 mins took 42 minutes in PD15 then it really doesnt matter but if it was 10 minutes quicker then that would be nice.

Only just put PD15 back on my PC ( new build ) so missed the Black Friday deals even if it still showed on the site.

Is the visual quality any better ?

And different question...what is NVENC hardware encoding ?

I think I may start posting a lot more questions and annoying the hell out of people :

But the result is I amy get better at it......
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: the thing is how much faster over the PD15 is it?

It may be worth looking at this post. Personally, rendering speed means very little to me. Now, rendering quality - that's a different thing.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: the thing is how much faster over the PD15 is it?

It may be worth looking at this post. Personally, rendering speed means very little to me. Now, rendering quality - that's a different thing.

Cheers - Tony

surprised the PD15 was a fraction faster

but like you prefer quality

anyway going to make an effort to understand things better