Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power director 18 - stops working with Win 11
haj52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2014 21:14 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
greetings,

pd 18 was working fine with win10 pro

installed win11 and installed pd18 and pd18 will not work.

kindly assist

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2023 03:33

hj
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote pd 18 was working fine with win10 pro

You could install the latest patch for PD18 and see if it helps. More than likely you may want to use the compatibility modes in Windows 11 for earlier versions of Windows.

Let us know if you received any error messages during the installation or when you try to open PD18.
haj52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2014 21:14 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]

You could install the latest patch for PD18 and see if it helps. More than likely you may want to use the compatibility modes in Windows 11 for earlier versions of Windows.

Let us know if you received any error messages during the installation or when you try to open PD18.

greetings

thank you for your respond

i installed the latest patch, it didn't work.
i used compatibility still the same

find enclosed with an attachment

hassan hj
elvish [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2023 08:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have also deleted the cache files under appdata C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\cache as i saw someone on hre recommend another user with the same problem. I the uninstall the program without saving my previous settings and the rebooted and installed the program again. With the same result when trying to play these movies.
Deezer Mod Apk

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2023 09:39

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
We don't know what the "same result" means or even which version of PD you're using. Can you provide more details on the exact issue or error messages you're seeing?

It would also help to seee the DxDiag test results as shown in the Read Me Before Posting guide.