Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9.6 is fully updated and still gives error 0024 when bluray is played
[Post New]
I've updated this program basically every time I go to play a bluray in my Dell XPS Laptop. I don't play blurays often in it, maybe once every 2 years.

This time, I had to spend an hour updating 9.6 again, and even after that headache was over, it gave me the same message, saying it needs an update, then as soon as I click "OK" it says I have the latest update. I click "play" and the whole thing starts over again. Error 0024.

What can be done to fix this? I'm NOT spending one dime on a new version, is there any way to fix this through a download?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
What operating system are you running it on? Windows 10? PowerDVD 9.6 wouldn't run or update correctly if installed on Windows 10. You could also try updating your drive's firmware and of course your GPU driver, see if that makes a difference. Or go through this thread and try what helped other users:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11743.page

Also, I believe Dell ended it's support for playing the latest Blu-rays about 5 or so years ago. So if you want to play a newer BD, you'll have to upgrade.

Dave