Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power dvd 16 regional codes
Tony2sugars [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2019 15:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hi peeps...I have a problem when I put a regional one dvd that the only pop up dialogue box says, can only play regional 2 and there’s no box to change it or tools/settings to do so.
thanx in advance Tony
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Changing the DVD drive region code is done in Windows, not in PowerDVD. Right-click on your drive in Windows Explorer and then select Properties. Click on the Hardware tab, find/click on the drive type "DVD/CD" and then click Properties again. You should find the DVD Region tab where you can change the region.

Just note that you can only change it a limited number of times. You will see your remaining changes on that tab.

Dave

P.S. I have Windows 10, so if you don't, the procedure to find the DVD region tab might be slightly different.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2019 21:14

Tony2sugars [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2019 15:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanx for your reply...here is my conundrum.....
I moved to the USA from U.K. and took all my regional 2 dvd and Blu-ray disks...so I now have regional 1 disks to play...so how do I switch between the two on my pc without using up my limited number of times?
regards Tony2sugars

Quote Changing the DVD drive region code is done in Windows, not in PowerDVD. Right-click on your drive in Windows Explorer and then select Properties. Click on the Hardware tab, find/click on the drive type "DVD/CD" and then click Properties again. You should find the DVD Region tab where you can change the region.

Just note that you can only change it a limited number of times. You will see your remaining changes on that tab.
Dave

P.S. I have Windows 10, so if you don't, the procedure to find the DVD region tab might be slightly different.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Your best bet would probably be to buy a cheap DVD region 1 drive in the U.S. and install it in the pc along with the region 2 locked drive in the pc. This way you can use one drive for region 2 and the other for region 1 discs. You only have 5 changes total if you forget and accept changes each time on the new drive. You will then have to buy still another drive.