Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 19 Does Not Play or Pin Any YouTube Music Videos
D16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2019 21:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
May 7, 2019: Please provide a fix for PowerDVD 19. I just purchased brand new PowerDVD 19 and am very dissapointed because it is defective. Power DVD will not play or pin any YouTube ***music videos*** (although it will play other YouTube videos). Why is CyberLink selling a product whose advertised features do not work??? Please fix!
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
The music videos you mentioned is VEVO labeled?
I can play them in PowerDVD 19 currently.

YouTube keeps alternating their access ways to prevent videos being played in other non-YouTube apps.
If you cannot play them, just play on the web browser temporarily.

cyberlink is not google, they will fix if there are any access issues found, but not right away like they are google's subsidiary.

Live with it, or use YouTube official app and subscribe YouTube premium to eliminate all ads.
It's the perfect solution that you can always watch the videos without any access changing issues.

And, here is an online user community for cyberlink program users, we (contributors or users) won't provide any "fix" but some advices only for your unsatisfactory.
You can contact them directly if you just want to vent something in your mind.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 08. 2019 02:37

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
[quotePostId=325446]May 7, 2019: Please provide a fix for PowerDVD 19. I just purchased brand new PowerDVD 19 and am very dissapointed because it is defective. Power DVD will not play or pin any YouTube ***music videos*** (although it will play other YouTube videos). Why is CyberLink selling a product whose advertised features do not work??? Please fix![/quotePostId]

VEVO videos (which are the ones that usually become unplayable because of the lack of advertising) are working for me as well in PowerDVD 19. I checked just now. What video were you trying to play?

Dave
D16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2019 21:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
May 8, 2019: The following solution received from CyberLink Technical Support fixed the PowerDVD 19 YouTube music video playing and pinning error on my computer (Thank you CyberLink):

With reference to your query, we would like to suggest you to go to PowerDVD settings -> General setting, enable the option "Check for product update information".
After the option has been selected, save the setting, Close PowerDVD.
Reboot Windows, launch PowerDVD, and wait for 5 minutes after the program launched.
(After waiting: close PowerDVD, then re-open PowerDVD)
Check the YouTube video playback condition after waiting.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thank you and Regards,
CyberLink Technical Support