Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Use Cranston's link on Project management and always Pack / Export your files to a Dedicated directory to save everything together when saving your final edit.

That way you can open up the project even if you move the original files elsewhere years from now without this issue happening again.

R
Have you tried changing your settings for the Preview window?

R
Hey there GG,

Allow me to offer some insights: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29236.page

short answer- no not both - only the graphics card selected is going to be used.

R
Yes, what Barry said.

Also you might want to convert your .mp3 sound file to a .wav file.
Sometimes PD does not play nicely with mp3.

R
Hey you can't just come on here and say you "won" the cool Action cam (that I am thinking of upgrading to from my old Contour ROAM) and not provide some details...

How did ya win it?

And good to know the update fixed the issue- I just started playing around with ColorDirector so it's all newish to me.

Rob
efroggy

I am of the opinion that check box for Hardware Decoding includes Nvidia Cuda as well as AMD APU and so on. No separate boxes for each. See here: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12777&prodId=4

If you haven't done so already, update your graphics driver to the latest version currently 320.49 as indicated above. You are not getting the increased performance benefits by using an old outdated driver. I have zero issues using this new driver.

The i7-2600 CPU you have includes the older Intel HD2000 GPU. Not the greatest for heavy work like video editing.

To just use the Intel HD2000 GPU have you tried right clicking on your desktop and choosing Screen Resolution. See if you can just select the lower Intel resolution. It might not give you the option but worth a try.

Also just unplugging the monitor cable from the Nvidia card and plugging it directly into your computer itself? Will it accept the attachment... Display port, DVI, HDMI.. VGA ?

You can also try just disabling the Nvidia card in the Control Panel >Device Manager- but I would not advise this unless you are comfortable doing such things. It might cause other issues.

R
The latest Nvidia 320.49 did not work on your system? Interesting. (Make sure you use the full version not the Beta.)

Have you tried the lower, but still modern one v320.18: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/62795

Also doesn't VAIO have an update site for their laptops.. wait here try this link: http://esupport.sony.com/EN/VAIO/

Click the drivers upper right corner. Your other files and drivers are also dated. Sometimes manufacturers mess around with the drivers and using only their internal drivers will work 100%

Your latest 1033.mst points to something in the system that is missing and needs to be re-installed. Don't know what.

Anyway- just a thought hope it points in a right direction to solving your issue.

R
Frank your video graphics driver is way out of date from 2010.

Try updating it here is the link to the new drivers: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/63462

R
Frank,

At this point can you attach your Dxdaig.txt file so we can have a look at if you don't mind.

R
I agree with Steve.

Don't sweat the 5400 rpm drive. It is a 1 TB mechanical drive which moves the read/write heads a lot less distance to read/write data than a smaller faster HD. You seriously will not notice the difference unless you are a gamer or benchmarker trying to squeeze every last ounce of speed out of your machine.

That single 750M is more than good enough. Video editing is more CPU intensive than GPU- regardless of the marketing spin you read. Real world use- get the fastest CPU you can, the graphics card is just icing on the cake. (As far as stabillity with dual cards- I am personally not convinced at this point that it is as smooth and seamless as it should be when video editing and offers zero net benefit over a capable modern single card.)

The specs on that Lenovo Y510p looks very nice at the price point.

My only concern is that really small 24GB SSD. You will get Win8 on it and use the 1TB as your main data/prgm drive, but Windows and installed prgms on the data drive default to the main C: drive to do their background thing. Temp files etc. This can cause hiccups and unexplained glitches (noted by other users in the past when they played around with where their prgm data load/save files should go.)

So think about grabbing a larger SSD main C: drive in the future. Load all your prgms on that and use the 1TB as data and backup storage only.

R
When I used to use a film camera I became adept at taking just a few key shots and they turned out well when printed.

I transferred that ideal to the camcorder which I only got into late last year.
Look for the good shots, light etc. take em and move on.
Too much hesitating causes missed shots.

In the age of digital- people now take a gazillion shots and video of damn near everything. To me that's a waste of time. When people are snapping away at something I do two maybe three takes from different angles, including really good still pics using the camcorder I have, then move on. In a crowd- especially amongst other irritating tourists who like to block good shots, I have already got in, did my take then bolted.

Which leaves me wide open with no one around me and I can take my time and keep ahead of everyone else. It takes discipline, focus, a steady hand and knowing your camcorder's capabilities and most importantly what light does to any given subject.

Even before getting back to home base I am already looking through the days take and nuking the irrelevant / blocked crappy shots.

I sometimes use the Storyboard mode of Power Director to lay out in chronological order my days shoot and then decide how to proceed with the story and the highlights I want to show others. Then off to the edit screen to make even more cuts.

My mantra has always been: Don't think too much- just get er done.

R
Thanks Carl- really appreciate it.

Rob
Not sure I am understanding you correctly but-

The .pds file is your main editing file that Power Director reads and understands.

In order to save your video to another format you have to go to the Produce Screen.
Chose your format in this case WMV
Chose your output resolution 1920 X 1080 for example then click "Start" lower left of screen.

Power Director will now render and save to "Produce.wmv" file
You can always rename this file before you click Start or after it finishes.

R
Very good point Jaime- I need to update the video to show this.

Intel has MPEG-2 showing as an option- noted above.

Can someone with an AMD card have a look at their Fast video render options and let me know what they find thanks.

Rob
(Click on the "YouTube" logo in the lower right to watch in full screen.)
----------------

Here is a brief look at enabling Hardware Acceleration in Powder Director, as well as a look at the Fast Video Rendering technology.

1.) Hardware Acceleration, which is enabled in the Preferences menu, allows Power Director to utilize your Nvidia, AMD & Intel graphics cards to Speed up Video effect Render / Preview. See this link for more detailed info: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12777&prodId=4

2.) The Fast Rendering Video Technology, located in the Produce Screen,
includes both: SVRT- Smart Video Rendering Technology and Hardware Video Encoder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Not all video clips and formats can use the Fast Video Rendering Technology !*
It also depends on your installed Graphics Card in your computer see below:
----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­---------

For Nvidia the following is currently supported:

AVC H.264
MPEG-4
MKV

For Intel the following is currently supported:

MPEG-2
AVC H.264
MPEG-4
MKV

For AMD the following is currently supported:

MPEG-2
AVC H.264
WMV
MPEG-4
MKV

Rob
Oh yes indeedy.. I have SoniFire PRO 5.75 (The 5.8 update only offers a more streamlined way of web integration to sell you more stuff from SmartSound. I'll skip that and wait for v6.0 with hopefully some real additions.)

I have a list of albums I want to get - some of them magically popped up on that sale! Wohoo.
So I raided my play funds. Came in under budget too. So I am happy.

I also would love better integration with PD. The Quicktracks is great-but very lacking in really digging in and finding the right mood / tune to go with what I am editing.

Multi-layer is awesome. I can squeeze so much from any given tune.
After specify the length of the track to fit my video clip, hitting Insert>Export to Soundtrack>Current Selection then output to .WAV is amazing. Loving it !

That is what I want to see in PD as a plugin like the "other" NLEs.

R
That's real purdy like.

Remember that scene in Jaws where Schneider says to the captain- "Your going to need a bigger boat."

I feel the same way about my monitor right now.

A 100ft 4K Projector that is .. oh yes one day it will be mine- all mine ! Muahahawww

R
Aw come on guys- don't you want "extra" stuff slowing down your computer and tracking you?
And it's free of charge ! .... lol

The Asktool bar is one of my biggest peeves! Hate that thing. At least with the Google Chrome it has an opt out that you can de-select. Sometimes Ask just sneaks in for no reason at all. Whatever prgm does that gets nuked immediately.

Btw- I use WaterFox - which is the 64-bit open source variant of Firefox. It plays nicely with all my favourite extensions and is faster all around. Chrome is my backup if a website for some reason has a hard time opening with my locked down Waterfox browser.

R
It could also be that file you are working on since it hangs at the exact same spot.

What format is it? .avi / .mov ?

Have you tried closing your old project, starting a brand new project and using that same clip?

Does that clip play okay using VLC or your chosen video player?

I think the last time I suggested you disable your SLI and try that for a bit- haven't looked at your Dxdiag- on the way out the door right now.
R
Must .. re.. sist .... must... hide .. credit car..

Aww hell !

I finally broke down and picked up 13 new Albums most multi layer tracks.
Some great deals on there- it's almost over now though.

They are waving the physical disc fee and sending the physical discs in a few days time.
I already d/l the ssdl files haven't installed them yet.

R
Jeff,

Try putting your cover photo pic at the beginning of your video clip for a few seconds.
Unless the website as suggested auto blackens the clip then there is nothing you can really do.

Otherwise- subject matter looks very interesting- I am a history buff. Mostly Greco-Roman and ancient civilization history.

Rob
Go to: