Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Curious,

How are you copying your LPs ?
What setup / hardware / software are you using?

I used to dabble in burning all manner of CDRs and DVDRs for archival backups.

ISO, vob, bin & cue ... and so on.

I find that it really depends on what you are going to be re-playing the music CD on.

If you want to throw your CD into a player and have it play as a normal music disc you need to rip the music files and burn them to a specific format. If you are just ripping to mp3 then you can just burn them to a CD and play them back on your computer or modern player that can read mp3 music files. (You can even transfer them to a USB key drive which is much more portable.)

For archival backup and good sound quality forget mp3 and go with .WAV or even .FLAC format.
These formats are lossless- mp3 is lossy, you will be missing sound quality.

Btw- commercial Audio / Music CDs are burnt specifically to play in stand alone CD players.
You need to test to make sure that your blank CDRs can be played in whatever player you are going to be playing them on. Some blank CDs work great in some players, some won't.

You also need a decent Audio CD burning prgm if you want to burn your music files to a CD to play in a standalone player. There are free ones out there that do a good job.

R
Creating your own 5.1 surround audio. Cool.
I usually edit native 5.1 from my camcorder- never thought of actually creating a 5.1 from scratch.

Let us know how it works out.
Should be able to get some neat sound effects from this now that I think about it.

R
This is a bit of a late reply- I haven't done this myself but have you tried the Mix tab and mixing the tracks lowering and raising the sounds in each section to mask the offending unwanted sounds?

Or else layering them in different timeline audio tracks in Power Director and using the fades to get some sort of mix effect. Since you have three different audio sources you should be able to isolate and and mix in the sections that you want and excise or lower the ones you do not want.

(I know simpler said than done.)

Rob

This is one of my pet peeves about PD.

I already submitted a ticket about this and many other issues.
Any issue you find- submit it. The only way to shake the trees and hopefully get things fixed.

See Issue # 9 in this quick vid I made:

Rob
[Edit- never mind- now I see, I automatically just grab and move the text box and edit as show. But yes I agree this is a pain to do. Hopefully this gets fixed.]
------------------------------------------

Interesting... you wouldn't have a screen shot you can post would you?

I'd like to see this since text boxes are one of my favourites to play around with.
I haven't used earlier versions of PD so have no frame of reference.

Rob
Wow- very nice - Bookmarked as a favourite !

I much prefer this listing- much easier than having to do a search and wade though videos on the YouTube channel to try and find the help I need.

I am now taking my time going through the listing- My inner learning sponge is absorbing as much info as I can every day. (It feels like I am back at school again.. only this time it's for topics I am interested in.)

It's cool to see the different versions of PD being used and the evolution of the program up til now too. I can't imagine not having some of the new features to play with in the new version... you veterans were sure in the dark ages back then ! heh.

Rob
Hi Guido,

You should just be able to double click on your Project.pds file on your external HD and it will open and load up all your clips and files that you used in that project. No real need to move it back to the C: drive.

I have all my finished projects backed up on external drives and this is how I do it if I need to re-open an old project.

You can also add new things and update and re-save However- you will need to Repack the project again to a different directory to make sure all the new stuff and any updated stuff gets packed in so you can use in the future.

Also - best practice- save different numbered .pds files as shown in the video. When you are happy you can rename the .pds file the final name. Like "MyProjectFinal August 7th 2013.pds" or whatever name you decide.

Rob
Hi,

look top right- click here and keep clicking that icon to reset it back to the original dock.

R
Hi Russell,

just to add my two cents- it never occurred to me. I just accepted it this way. I played around with other NLEs and they had similar setups. (Unless I am missing what you are saying.)

How about sticking your clip in say track #2 and then you can add another one on top in track #1 ?

Rob
Guido S 5052,

Welcome to the forums-

It's always best to start a new thread topic. This will prevent multiple problems by various users confusing the thread.

So go ahead click "New Topic" lower left of main page and copy paste the information you just typed here so others can see it and help out.

Rob
Just got a really quick reply from Edward at NewBlue.
Here is the XML file attached for anyone experiencing the same issue.

Copy this file to:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue

It fixed the crazy names in the Essentials 4 folder.

FYI: the latest update right now is Version 3.0 Build 130703

(To manually update- drag any of the NewBlueFx plugins into the timeline then
Double click on it & select "Information" and then "Check for Update" install the update
Do this for once for each folder- Essentials 1, Essentials 2, Essentials 4 and so on.)

R
Bonjour.

You need to uninstall the trial version and install the full version.
Check your Cyberlink account for details of your full version:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=14945&prodId=4

R
Bob,

It would be great to have an auto feature like this.
Here is a thread for PD10 that discusses this- might provide some added knowledge:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22697.page

If I need to do this type of overlay I would do it manually:
1.)Drag the mts into PD Media Room > right click view properties, copy or type out the relevant info and save to an open notepad .txt file.

2.)Then in PD create / modify a text or title box from the Title Room (F7) and place in the timeline below my mts video clip. Copy the info from your notepad file into it. Now drag title box to the lenght of your mts file to overlay the entire clip.

A bit of a pain if you have a lot of clips- but not too bad with only a few.

(You also use the "Show Chapter Track" by right clicking anywhere on the timeline- but I find this very limited so I just use my own custom Title text boxes for everything that need subtitling.)

R
Lon,

It's always better to post a new thread with your issue in order not to get multiple posts confusing issues in a single thread. So go ahead post a new thread with the info you have here so others can see it.

Rob
Bryan,

Both display adapters are ok and should show up in your Display adapters.
As long as you right click on your desktop and get the "Nvidia Control Panel" option then you know your laptop is using the 650 GT as the main graphics card.

Upgrading to Win 8.1 for the Start button eh?

I use Classic shell- all the goodness of Win 8 with the option to get some of my old start menus back when I need them... though after using Win 8 for a while now I mostly use it to get a quicker Shutdown.

D/l here for free open source: http://www.classicshell.net/

There are a lot of tweaks and settings to set it up just the way you want it to look.

R
Have a look here- some ideas: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28244.page

Rolling back the driver, uninstalling catalyst etc.

R
Two ways:

1. Hold down ctrl key and left click each object / file and then right click on the selected files you will see the option "Group Objects."

2. Hold down left mouse key and drag over all the objects you want to select and then Right click select "Group objects."

R
Oh this is just great... I just grabbed a bunch of SmartSound albums on sale and now you wave 74% off of NewBlue Fx at me...

Welp- I just saved 74% off of 3 packs !!

R
Perhaps this will help:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29236.page

R
Kevin,

Are you talking about the "Trim" tab located above the video clip.
This has in/out sliders and manual time mark settings.

R
Use Cranston's link on Project management and always Pack / Export your files to a Dedicated directory to save everything together when saving your final edit.

That way you can open up the project even if you move the original files elsewhere years from now without this issue happening again.

R
Go to: