Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Im stuck
muddymunsters401 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Iowa Joined: Jul 25, 2013 14:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This is probaly going to be a simple fix.
Why can I not save my movie in a wmv or mpeg or anything other then PDS? It shows it on the board in the other formats, but when I save as...... it is always in PDS.
I have already produced it..............several times in fact. I have uploaded it twice to youtube. Once was a format fail and the other is STILL processing a 4 minute video.

I feel like if I can just get it saved to my computer as a normal format I can upload it myself a lot faster to youtube then it is loading now.

I have searched through all the tutorials and havent found an answer to my question. I have been working on this sice 9 am this morning. I need a break!

Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Start by looking in Preferences, The Gear on the top of the user interface.

Click on File on the Left panel, look at the Export folder location. That is where your Produced video goes to unless you change the location in the Produce module at output folder.

After you finish editing your video click on Produce, that takes you to the Produce module (Standard 2D) where you actually output the edited video in the chosen format.

You finished Video will be in the Export Folder as set in Preferences.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2013 14:54

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure I am understanding you correctly but-

The .pds file is your main editing file that Power Director reads and understands.

In order to save your video to another format you have to go to the Produce Screen.
Chose your format in this case WMV
Chose your output resolution 1920 X 1080 for example then click "Start" lower left of screen.

Power Director will now render and save to "Produce.wmv" file
You can always rename this file before you click Start or after it finishes.

R
[Thumb - Produce Snapshot.png]
 Filename
Produce Snapshot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
179 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2013 17:19

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
In short, You save the project, not the video. To 'save' a video you have to Produce it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
muddymunsters401 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Iowa Joined: Jul 25, 2013 14:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Got it.Thanks