Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't import file into Colordirector
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Just wondering if anyone else can't import the attached file into ColorDirector if it is just an issue with me?
CD just stops on the import for me. have even left it overnight.

I can work around it by converting it to a similar 60 fps file using PowerDirector 11 but, if it's an issue that can be fixed, would rather know I need to convert before I start editing similar files in PD11 then trying to do colour correction in ColorDirector.

I've tried reinstall and System Restore and reinstall.

OS is Windows 8 64 bit but tests on other systems welcome.

Thanks!
 Filename
panning-60fps-180.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1174 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
701 time(s)
PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
Hello wjr002,

No. It's not just you.

Here, ColorDirector began to go through the motions of importing your clip, but just sat there "preparing the import list".

Very oddly, I think, in PowerDirector, I produced the clip to the same MPEG-4 profile - 1280x640 @ 2861Kbps 60fps - and it imported into ColorDirector without a hitch.

Produced file is attached.

PIX
 Filename
wjr.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
644 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello wjr002,

No. It's not just you.

Here, ColorDirector began to go through the motions of importing your clip, but just sat there "preparing the import list".

Very oddly, I think, in PowerDirector, I produced the clip to the same MPEG-4 profile - 1280x640 @ 2861Kbps 60fps - and it imported into ColorDirector without a hitch.

Produced file is attached.

PIX

Thanks!
Much appreciated.

MediaEspresso also reads it and can convert it.

Have put in a Support Ticket. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
Just for reference, I compared the two files in MediaInfo. The difference is the format profile & codec ID.

I opened your file in QuickTime Pro & saved it as a .MOV - that wouldn't import into CDR either.

MediaInfo comparison attached.

PIX
[Thumb - wjr-CDR Import.jpg]
 Filename
wjr-CDR Import.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
181 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
358 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Just for reference, I compared the two files in MediaInfo. The difference is the format profile & codec ID.

I opened your file in QuickTime Pro & saved it as a .MOV - that wouldn't import into CDR either.

MediaInfo comparison attached.

PIX

Weird that Mediainfo reads my Drift HD files as Quicktime too.They also have a .mov extension.
Does Mediainfo interpret the file or read info from it that Windows and/or the application/camera adds into the meta data or whatever?
Am thinking if Windows "interprets" the file and that "interpretation" is wrong then maybe that is where CD is falling over. CD *should* be importing it. Escpecially given both PD11 and MediaEspresso do.
Will shoot a Drift file at 60 fps and see if it will load.

Thanks for your effort.
PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
Yes - a bit of a mystery.

I can tell you (though you'd already know) that 30fps files from the Drift HD - posted at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28663.page#156801 - load into CDR fine.

Gspot reads the file you attached as a QT mov file too.

PIX
PIX YouTube channel
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
As an update to this for the benefit of the 1 in a million who might come across this issue - those files open fine in an earlier version of CD.
Personal settings were removed when I uninstalled the latest version but I don't think that had any effect.
Support are aware of the issue and recommended the earlier version. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
Thank you wjr002,

Thanks for posting the outcomes of your investigations.

Amazing how many times that sort of thing occurs - with patches, GPU drivers, etc

PIX PIX YouTube channel
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fixed with version 3028. Great! PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
Good news wjr002!

Now you can get back to spicing up your 60fps Drift HD clips without reverting to previous builds.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Good news wjr002!

Now you can get back to spicing up your 60fps Drift HD clips without reverting to previous builds.

PIX

Sure can. Actually have a Drift HD Ghost coming soon (I won it) so might need some colour matching between the HD and HD Ghost. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hey you can't just come on here and say you "won" the cool Action cam (that I am thinking of upgrading to from my old Contour ROAM) and not provide some details...

How did ya win it?

And good to know the update fixed the issue- I just started playing around with ColorDirector so it's all newish to me.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hey you can't just come on here and say you "won" the cool Action cam (that I am thinking of upgrading to from my old Contour ROAM) and not provide some details...

How did ya win it?

And good to know the update fixed the issue- I just started playing around with ColorDirector so it's all newish to me.

Rob

Drift have a competition through their Facebook Page to win a Ghost each week. Might be also able to enter it via their main web site but am not sure. I entered every week for about 6 weeks routinely and finally won. Hasn't arrived yet but have already bought "accessories" since battery is different from the HD. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
tran duy hung [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2015 05:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have problem import Gopro Video to ColorDirector, can't thank you

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=21398000

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2015 05:18

[Post New]
Hello tran duy hung,

Welcome to the CDR forum laughing

Are you possibly using the trial version? If so, H.264 video isn't supported. The full version of CDR has no issues importing GoPro clips.

See the limitations of the trial version here.

PIX PIX YouTube channel