Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jeff,

Try putting your cover photo pic at the beginning of your video clip for a few seconds.
Unless the website as suggested auto blackens the clip then there is nothing you can really do.

Otherwise- subject matter looks very interesting- I am a history buff. Mostly Greco-Roman and ancient civilization history.

Rob
Hi,

This is one of our pet peeves about PD that needs to be fixed: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28758.page

1.) Have you tried setting the Seek by options to fine tune what they do?
See pic below.

2.) Also adding Timeline Markers can help out in multiple situations see here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29164.page

Rob
Hello- welcome to the forum.

Short answer- save your money.
No matter how powerful or fast your system is the Preview is a known bane of us PD users.

I have yet to see anyone admit to getting a full smooth Full HD preview without issues.
Personally I have gotten my system tweaked to the point where High Preview setting works great for me.
(Still get the hiccups and stuttering at times- but when I Produce the video it is silky smooth- which is the main thing I am concerned about.)

I will be happy to say I am wrong on this- as well have a look at the setup for anyone who gets Preview at Full HD working without any issues!

Rob
Hi, welcome to the forums-

To add to Kevin's reply. (edit-- I see you fixed the issue never mind haha)

I had a look at your Dxdiag- you are running Win8 32 bit so you are using Power Director Deluxe correct?
Just be aware that on a Windows 32 bit system not all the features of PD will be available.

Is this your first try at using Power Director? And is it the full version of PD or a trial version?

Anyway Nvidia graphics driver version 320.49 is out so go ahead and update here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Also lower your Preview settings to get the clip in the preview window to flow a little smoother.
See pic attached.

Rob
Hey Don,

check yer PM.

Also I stumbled across this- not sure if this will somewhat help you after the fact: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29164.page

R
Here's a helpful feature that veteran users of previous Power Director might be are aware of.

Timeline Markers - from page 45 of the PD Tutorial Manual (has some really good tips in there !)
See link here: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2012/Q4/pdr11-book/index2.jsp

To quickly help you edit a long video, keep things organized, find things faster and so on.

enjoy,
Rob
(okay thanks Borg- Fixed.)

Also see these two attached pics when you go to Produce:

Rob
Hi Raph,

please see this link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/28745.page#157246

Long read but explains everything.

Short answer- only works with some rendering formats like MPEG-4 & MKV.
Also will only work with H.26 AVC (intelligent SVRT) if the file you are working on needs it.

See pics:

R
Barry are you breaking PD again? /jk

Good to know thanks!

I found the actual patch files from the article in case anyone is curious to know which patch is the miscreant:
https://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/another-botched-windows-patch-ms13-057kb-2803821kb-2834904-222636

KB 2803821
KB 2834904

I am using Win 8 and I just checked that my WMVs are working fine in PD ... which is funny since it is my favorite YT upload format.

I used VLC to view the files after being produced in PD - as well as Windows Media Player.
Both played fine.

R
Youtube crunches the heck out of what you upload.
And in doing so can cause video degradation. Compressing a 1GB file down to 240mb is great size wise but not quality wise.

I try to upload the smallest, but highest quality file I can squeeze out of PD.
My default for YT upload is good ole:
WMV 1280 X 720/30p (6Mbps) or
WMV 1920 X 1080/30p (10Mbps)

You want to compress your videos to different formats and play with the sizes afterwards then you can use Cyberlink's MediaExpresso. I use Freemake video converter.

R
Very nice.

The 120fps makes the slow motion ultra smooth.

Rob
Tina,
Have you checked your private messages on this forum? Located Left of the logout link?

As Kevin mentions- We are not to discuss these types of software per Cyberlinks terms of usage of this forum. It's in the fine print. Like it or not- we all automatically agreed to it when we signed on here and started posted.

R
Eh whut?

Say what kinda bait and switch scheme are you running here?
I see 4k Sony TV and I get all excited - then I find out you did your testing on a BB model !?!?

To correct my disappointment you should henceforth purchase said model and have it delivered to me. Free of charge !~ :

Rob
PS- go to know about these things since I have had my eye on 4k 3D Projectors for a while now.
Longedge,

Good advice.

re: if Quicktime is not installed properly then PD won't work correctly and errors like the CLWKernelClient32 can show up. (Power Director needs Quicktime installed even on a Windows system,)

So re-install the latest Quicktime.

I do not use iTunes so I chose not to install it with Quicktime. (So no Bonjour on my system.)

R
Hi Loren.

Very nice I like those bird houses ! I am going to build a few for my own garden when I get around to it.

Also had a quick look at your riding vids. Think about making the transitions faster in between clips/pictures.
The default 2 second transition timing can be pretty slow at times depending on what effect you are looking to present to the viewer. Also don't be afraid to split/cut out portions of the trail to tighten up your clip.

(Think about adding informative popup text descriptions during your ride to pull the viewers attention to something you find important or interesting. Also how about adding end credits- including your name/alias, trail name and or location where the video was taken, camera used, bike / quad used, song title etc. to give the viewer a bit more info about the trail.)

Shameless plug- here is a link to a tutorial- have a look to see the ins and outs of using transitions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG400WMMCcE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7hIdJ-WxMntopk-3uNTXuQ

Btw- just curious, what camera do you have strapped to your noggin? A GoPRO or Contour or something else?

Rob
Quote: I'm sorry, I read the title of the thread and thought, "Washington, D.C."

Seriously, a great link, Barry.

ahaha ... Sad but true.

Rob
Hi Tina, before Dafydd chimes in I like to clarify a bit more about the item screen size setting and why it "might" cause an issue- again it is just one step in troubleshooting.

Also check your private message I also sent you a link.

1.) Your C: Drive is the drive that needs the most space. You have lots of space on your D: drive 700+GB is plenty.

I just did a quick vid. to show others following this thread how to change the item screen size settings to keep your system in line with default items sizes.

It was just a suggestion by Phil on the 1st page that this can cause issues if not within the default items sizes. Some programs, icons and so on don't like too big an item size setting. (Again this is just something to try and see- you can always revert back to your larger size later. I have mine set to 120% or 125% because 100% is way too small for me to view on my external monitor.) See here:

2. Updates are usually saved on your C: drive as well as a lot of other updates for other programs, the system pagefiles not to mention a large System Restore file etc. Which is the reason it is recommended you need at least 80-100GB of free space on your C: drive just in case.

a) Power DVD is Cyberlink's DVD, video/music player.
b) Power2Go is Cyberlink's DVD/CD Disc burning program (use this)
c) Dvd Maker is Windows own DVD creation software- you can try this also.

Tip: Get a couple Re-Writable DVDs (DVD-RW) so you can test burn without wasting good discs.

Rob

Edit - just realized your C drive is separate from your D drive. Clearing out the unused programs is better than buying a newer larger HD. If you do buy a new HD you will still have to clone / copy your old one and then clean it up or else format the new one and re-install everything from scratch.

And after all that is done there is still no guarantee that this will fix your issue.

Rob
Tina-

Put your screen resolution back to 1920 X 1080 since that is the true and native resolution of your laptop. That is not what needs to be changed.

Re-read what I wrote above and follow the link that was posted here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/255-screen-resolution-display-settings.html

Click the Start button, click Control Panel then click Display.

See step #3 here is the image:

You will need to have someone physically have a look at your system and clear out all the unnecessary files to free up your main C drive. If you can find a tech savvy person to help it will be better than paying someone which can get expensive.

Another option is to re-size your hard drive to make your main C drive larger and backup drive smaller. But if you do not know what you are doing it can wipe your computer- so do NOT do this on your own. Get someone to do it for you who knows how.

Rob
Okay, the markers, in this case Keyframes wouldn't show up unless you added them using that function. Basically clicking on the little diamond symbol in between the two opposing arrows. Then you can click on the arrows to cycle to each point that you made a key for.

The keyframes can be used as clip markers- but otherwise I don't think PD has a dedicated clip marker function like other editing prgms. Someone correct me if I am in error.

The largest file I've worked with was a 6GB AVC .m2ts file without any issues.

Rob
Okay now I think I see what is going on- your operating system is an older Windows XP Home edition- if my memory serves that's a 32-bit operating system.

When you did your DxDiag did you see a "Run 64-bit DxDiag" option?
I'll hazard as guess you didn't- just verify and let us know.

Your graphics card is also an older card:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

The graphics driver is also from 2011 so see if there is a new updated driver on the AMD website. But with such older cards there might not be an update, check just in case.

See this link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Your CPU on the other hand is a quad core so you do have some power to work with. Just don't expect everything will work as it should with your current setup. So some of the features of PD 11 might not work as they should.

Rob
Go to: