Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm trying to install VST plugins in AD365 but keep getting an error message saying that "Cyberlink AudioDirector cannot import this VST plugin.". This occurs for all plugins I try. It does not give me a specific error message, so I don't know what the problem is. Is there a log file somewhere that provides detailed info about the problem its having? Appreciate any help.
I have a 16:9 project that has some 4:3 images included. I want to be able to zoom into a 4:3 image BUT allow the zoom to happen only within the 4:3 area. I've tried doing this using keyframes and changing the H & Vscales to allow the zoom over the duration of the image. But this doesn't zoom the image within it's 4:3 boundary, it zooms it all the way to the edges of the 16:9 frame. How can I keep the zoom contained within the 4:3 image boundaries and just have it letter-boxed with a black background? Appreciate any help ...
My machine is a Lenovo W530 (i7-3740QM/16G Ram/1TB HDD/Writable Blu-Ray/FHD (1920x1080) w/ Intel HD 4000 & Quattro 2000 video cards). Attached are the dxdiag files and a screen capture showing the error dialog I get when trying to produce this project in H.264.

Well, I just started working in PD12 again after a month hiatus. And the project that crashed yesterday was my first use upon return. The content of the video I'm working on has a mixture of video formats (GoPro HD, .avi, .mts) and image formats (.jpg, .png) and frame-rates (15-60fps) and is about 42 minutes long. When I started the rendering yesterday it reported a final size of 7.8G. Again, PD12 crashed at about the halfway point. From that point forward I've been unable to produce any H.264 output with this project file. I did produce several H.264 tests prior to the final rendering I did yesterday and did not see any problems during any of those. I can produce H.264 from other project files but get the attached dialog from this one. The only conclusion I can make is that the crash corrupted some aspects of this project file.

The other issue I ran into is that after the crash some of my video clips in this project appeared to not be editable. Someone in the forum suggested that may mean the video & audio had become unlinked. After looking at it more closely, I could see that visually the sound & video were separated but they couldn't be moved around independently like unlinked component usually can (they still moved as a group). I did manually unlink them and that gave the editing buttons back so the clips could be modified. But PD12 now won't allow the components to be re-linked (when selecting the set of objects, the link button remains grayed-out). So this is another bug that came up (seems like has something to do with the initial crash but who knows what caused that). These issues are the basis for my statement on the buggy nature. All of this has happened for me over the past couple days working on my first project in a month. And right now I have a corrupted project that I'm very reluctant to build-upon. I will re-create it from scratch before moving forward to be sure I can any corruptions removed.
This video will be played directly on the computer (currently use VLC but it could be any player that supports H.264). I do save my files to DVD or Blue-Ray for storage but not for playback through an external player.

I'll try your reset suggestion and see if that restores H.264 production. Is this some type of known bug that can happen after a crash? Just an YFI, I am running with the latest released update but PD12 still seems pretty buggy which is a little scary.

Thanks,
I was attempting to render a large video yesterday (H.264 AVC @ 60fps) and about half way through, PD12 crashed. Since the restart, PD12 will not render anything using H.264. If I try to produce in H.264, I get an immediate error dialog saying the render cannot be completed (with info about updating video driver and Windows Media Player). To my knowledge, nothing has changed on my computer and I've been successfully producing H.264 content since installing PD12 months ago. So, not sure this error dialog is accurate. I'm guessing the crash has corrupted some files. Has anyone experienced anything like this? What should I do? Appreciate any help.
Another quick question, is there a way to test how large & long a render will be? I've been starting a PRODUCE and looking at the time-needed and size information to give me an idea and then canceling the render. How accurate are those numbers? Right now it is saying it's about a 1.5hr. render. The issue I have is that I am doing a presentation tonight with what I'm working on but need all the time I can use to get it completed. I'm nervous that I won't leave myself enough time to get the render completed on-time. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Thank you. Yes, the clips without buttons ARE now unattached from the video. Well, kinda. They show as separated (you can see a space between the audio & video clips) but PD is not allowing me to move them indendently (like the are still linked). Once I offically "unlink" them I get my buttons back and can edit the video. But, how can I re-link them together again? I try selecting both but the LINK option stays grayed-out. Is this some type of bug? Would a crash unlink the audio/video? All of these were "together" prior to the crash (I didn't unlink any of them earlier).

No, I'm not using shadow files.

All clips are on my internal drive.
I'm working on a large HD video and PD12 just crashed. When I restarted and loaded my last saved copy of the video, some of the clips are now not editable. For some clips, when I select the in the timeline I only get a SPLIT option, not the normal set of tabs. Why is this happening? How can I edit these previous clips? Really need help, trying to get this video completed for a presentation tonight!!

A side-question, is there a maximum size for a video? What I have now (which is no where near complete) is being reported in PRODUCE as being around 3G.
Does anyone have any other ideas about this?
Yes, I can do that. But the issue will be not being able to stop the project exactly where/when I need to. I can introduce still frames in the stop locations and give them a longer duration, but then each time I re-start my audience will have to endure delays caused by whatever time is left for the still frame. In a pinch, that will work, but it certainly will detract from the quality of my presentation. Looking for some other options.
Really want to find a way to do what I need directly from PD12 if at all possible. Don't want to introduce additional conversions and playback methods that could possibly degrade the final output. Using Full-HD video snips (H.264) and 20M images and really want to preserve as much quality in the output as possible.

I guess I could put in still frames where I need them with a long duration (maybe 10 sec.) and use my projector remote to toggle the SPACE key to stop/start the presentation where necessary. The only issue here would be that the stops/starts would not be instantaneous and my audience will have to put up with seconds of delay, which will impact my presentation a bit. Would just rather be able to setup the stop points where I need them on the timeline at build-time and just have to use the remote to start it again.

Really seems strange that something like this is not supported.
Is there a way to insert a "manual stop/start" function between clips in PD12? I'm putting together a presentation using HD clips & images and need to have the presentation stop at several points while it runs. I want the PD12 project to stay running, just stop proceeding down the timeline until I press a key, at which point it should continue to the next stop point. Any ideas on how I can do something like this?
I'm still running build 2109 and was wondering if updating to 2420 makes sense at this point? I know there were issues with some of the earlier updates and just don't want to create more problems for myself if possible. Can anyone comment on whether 2420 appears stable?
Yes, I did use a trail version of some NB essential packs (not exactly sure which ones) back when I was using the PD11 trial. I have not used them while using PD12.

Are you seeing the Max White & Min Black controls on NB Color Fixer Plus in PD12? I still think the PD12 version is a stripped down version.
No, I didn't purchase the NB effects since I thought I was using the effects that are included with PD12. I'm using Color Fixer Plus, Sharpen, Detail Enhancement, and Tint which are all included in New Blue Essential Pack 1 in PD12.

However, I think I know why the banner is being displayed. I had 3 of the effects applied directly to the clip and one effect, Color Fixer Plus, placed on the effects track. I tried moving Color Fixer Plus to the clip and the banner disappeared. So, this is another reason to place included NB effects on the clip vs. trying to use the Effect track. However, I also lost a couple settings on the effect (Max White & Min Black) when placed on the clip. So, it appears at least some of the NB effects included with PD12 are NOT the full implementation of the effects. That's certainly a bit misleading ... one of the reasons I made the PD12 purchase was because I thought I was getting full implementations of the included NB effects, which it appears I am not getting. Would be nice if the exact details of what you're getting were properly published by CyberLink.
I'm getting a NewBlueFx banner across my rendered video when using NewBlue effects included in PD12. Why is this happening? How do I turn that OFF?
That's great, thank you. Is it better to drag the effects directly to the clip vs. using the effect track? That seems to provide more control since you can re-adjust the order the effects are applied. If you split this and an effect on the effect track and a set of effects directly on the clip, which is applied first? Are all the clip effects applied first and then the effect track applied or vice-versa? Really appreciate your help.
I want to apply a series of NewBlue effects to a video clip and I'm not sure how to do that. I can easily apply a single effect (like NB Color Fixer Pro) by dragging it to the Effects track. That's now applied and I want to apply another NB effect (like NB Sharpen) to be applied to the same clip. If I try to drag that to the Effects track, it wants to replace the Color Fixer Pro effect with the Sharpen effect, which is NOT what I want to do. How can I insert a chain of effects to apply against a given clip? Appreciate any help.
Well, sure I can find other ways to make the color adjustments. With all the NewBlue tools, we now have about 25 ways to do anything. BUT, it is pretty frustrating to have to spend time figuring out what DOESN'T WORK. CL, please don't put stuff in that doesn't work, that's only making us waste time!!
When opening up a range on the scrubber (using the ORANGE range buttons), there is a RENDER PREVIEW tab displayed. When selecting that, PD12 begins a rendering operation (shows a series of dialogs). How is this supposed to work? What render settings is it using? What flename is it using? Where is it saving the rendered file? After it completes I can't seem to find anything.

Wouldn't it make more sense for PD12 to display a confirmation dialog prior to beginning the render? This should provide details of the selected clip (duration, etc.), the render settings it is going to use, the filename, and save location and allow you to change any of these if desired or cancel the pending render request. Why would you want it to blindly proceed and then produce nothing? Maybe a little testing prior to release would be a good idea.
Go to: