Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Manual Stops" between Clips in PD12?
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 26, 2013 09:16 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to insert a "manual stop/start" function between clips in PD12? I'm putting together a presentation using HD clips & images and need to have the presentation stop at several points while it runs. I want the PD12 project to stay running, just stop proceeding down the timeline until I press a key, at which point it should continue to the next stop point. Any ideas on how I can do something like this?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a way to insert a "manual stop/start" function between clips in PD12? I'm putting together a presentation using HD clips & images and need to have the presentation stop at several points while it runs. I want the PD12 project to stay running, just stop proceeding down the timeline until I press a key, at which point it should continue to the next stop point. Any ideas on how I can do something like this?

You can put in still (freeze) frames, but I do not think you can control the play back unless you are playing on a DVD or Bluray player, if that is the case, you can use the pause key on the player remote.

Depending on the player used, there are Pause functions on most video players.

You maybe should produce the presentation as a M2TS file then use a media Player to play the presentation. Media players have start and stop and pause controls.

SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Really want to find a way to do what I need directly from PD12 if at all possible. Don't want to introduce additional conversions and playback methods that could possibly degrade the final output. Using Full-HD video snips (H.264) and 20M images and really want to preserve as much quality in the output as possible.

I guess I could put in still frames where I need them with a long duration (maybe 10 sec.) and use my projector remote to toggle the SPACE key to stop/start the presentation where necessary. The only issue here would be that the stops/starts would not be instantaneous and my audience will have to put up with seconds of delay, which will impact my presentation a bit. Would just rather be able to setup the stop points where I need them on the timeline at build-time and just have to use the remote to start it again.

Really seems strange that something like this is not supported.
MartyGene1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2014 16:57 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Are you feeding the projector from your computer ? Using the space bar on the computer can stop and start your timeline.
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I can do that. But the issue will be not being able to stop the project exactly where/when I need to. I can introduce still frames in the stop locations and give them a longer duration, but then each time I re-start my audience will have to endure delays caused by whatever time is left for the still frame. In a pinch, that will work, but it certainly will detract from the quality of my presentation. Looking for some other options.
[Post New]
Quote: Really want to find a way to do what I need directly from PD12 if at all possible. Don't want to introduce additional conversions and playback methods that could possibly degrade the final output. Using Full-HD video snips (H.264) and 20M images and really want to preserve as much quality in the output as possible.

If you create a BluRay should have no image degradation if SVRT active video remains original.
Even if you are rendering should be fine.
Making the menu option that reproduces and returns to the menu, I think is not what you want but what is possible.
PowerPoint, do what you want, I think AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Before retirement I provided 'in house' solutions for training sessions. I would have made a video player to measure but if it's an option here, MS Powerpoint could be one way to solve your problem. I'd go down the route of producing two separate videos and display the 'freeze frame' in between as a separate item - just a thought outside the box as it were :
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Does anyone have any other ideas about this?