Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to TURN OFF NewBlueFx banner ...
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 26, 2013 09:16 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
I'm getting a NewBlueFx banner across my rendered video when using NewBlue effects included in PD12. Why is this happening? How do I turn that OFF?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

That NewBlueFX watermark is an indication that you're using the trial version.

Have you purchased and activated the NewBlue Effects packs?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, I didn't purchase the NB effects since I thought I was using the effects that are included with PD12. I'm using Color Fixer Plus, Sharpen, Detail Enhancement, and Tint which are all included in New Blue Essential Pack 1 in PD12.

However, I think I know why the banner is being displayed. I had 3 of the effects applied directly to the clip and one effect, Color Fixer Plus, placed on the effects track. I tried moving Color Fixer Plus to the clip and the banner disappeared. So, this is another reason to place included NB effects on the clip vs. trying to use the Effect track. However, I also lost a couple settings on the effect (Max White & Min Black) when placed on the clip. So, it appears at least some of the NB effects included with PD12 are NOT the full implementation of the effects. That's certainly a bit misleading ... one of the reasons I made the PD12 purchase was because I thought I was getting full implementations of the included NB effects, which it appears I am not getting. Would be nice if the exact details of what you're getting were properly published by CyberLink.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
No - I don't think what you're suggesting is correct.

The effects that are part of whatever PD bundle you purchased would not be trial versions & should not be watermarked in the produced file.

I've just replicated your scenario - 3 NBFX applied directly to the clip & Color Fixer in the FX track. There's no watermark in preview or the produced video.

Have you previously used a trial version of NB Essentials?

Cheers - Tony
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I did use a trail version of some NB essential packs (not exactly sure which ones) back when I was using the PD11 trial. I have not used them while using PD12.

Are you seeing the Max White & Min Black controls on NB Color Fixer Plus in PD12? I still think the PD12 version is a stripped down version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2013 06:26

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi again -

No - Color Fixer Plus has the following controls. This is consistent with the NewBlue Help file, which does not mention Max White & Min Black

What I think is happening is that PD thinks you're using a trial version because there's some remnant registry entry left from the trial you used in PD11.

Did you completely uninstall the trial before installing PD12? I had a similar thing happen in PD11. I had to completely uninstall the trial version of NB Essentials (using Revo Uninstaller) before installing the full version to get rid of the watermark.

That's probably what you'll need to do. It will also require an uninstall/re-install of PD12.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Color Fixer.png]
 Filename
Color Fixer.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1065 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 03. 2013 06:53

CB1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2016 16:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is total bullcrap! Issue has been around since 2009,a nd they STILL have nto fixed it. PD14 is the LAST version I will ever buy since they can't fix there product OR provide any REAL customer support. Cyberlink sucks.