Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When opening up a range on the scrubber (using the ORANGE range buttons), there is a RENDER PREVIEW tab displayed. When selecting that, PD12 begins a rendering operation (shows a series of dialogs). How is this supposed to work? What render settings is it using? What flename is it using? Where is it saving the rendered file? After it completes I can't seem to find anything.

Wouldn't it make more sense for PD12 to display a confirmation dialog prior to beginning the render? This should provide details of the selected clip (duration, etc.), the render settings it is going to use, the filename, and save location and allow you to change any of these if desired or cancel the pending render request. Why would you want it to blindly proceed and then produce nothing? Maybe a little testing prior to release would be a good idea.
Did a few test renders with Video Enhancement OFF, DEGREE=0, DEGREE=25, DEGREE=50, DEGREE=75, and DEGREE=100. I could not see ANY visual differences between any of the rendered videos with DEGREE settings - they all look the same. And IMO, the amount of enhancement is way too much at whatever setting it is defaulting to - the video doesn't look real.

I'd have to say something is broken. The DEGREE slider is not working.
I'm running my preview at Full HD. And am working with FHD H.264 HD clips. I certainly can see a major visual difference when checking/unchecking Video Enhancement, that's not my issue. What I can't see is any visual difference (in preview) based on where I place the DEGREE slider. If I place it at 0 or 100, it looks the same. Would think that if I set the DEGREE slider at 0, that the enhancement should be turned OFF, but that's not what I'm seeing. I'll do some test renders with different DEGREE settings and see what visual changes I see once rendered. The main issue I have at this point is that the degree of enhancement is way too much for me as shown in preview (clip doesn't look real), that's why I'm trying to reduce the DEGREE setting so I can see lower levels of enhancement. Doesn't seem right that you can't at least get a still shot of the different DEGREE settings in preview without having to render. That's not making it easy to use.
Using PD12 Ultimate ...

Not seeing any visual changes taking place for the Degree setting on Video Enhancement. The control allows settings between 0-100 but I'm not seeing any difference in the preview window regardless of where I set this to. Does this not work in PD12? Do you have to render in order to see any visual changes?
Thanks. Changing the default browser to Firefox in WIN7 fixed the problem. However, the authorization window doesn't provide any indication of which browser is being used behind the scenes (it's just a plain-jane window without any title-bar info). The window looks the same but now it works so I'm guessing it's now using Firefox. Not sure what changed between PD11 & PD12, since I didn't have to do that and YouTube authorization worked fine in the PD11 trial. Appreciate the help.
I don't use Internet Explorer, I use Firefox as my general purpose browser. PD12 must be attempting to connect using IE. Is this configurable somewhere? I was able to get the YouTube authorization to work fine in the PD11 trial, so not sure how they've reconfigured security settings to make it break now. I'll have to look at this more. I'm guessing I'm not the first Firefox user to run the PD12 trial, so if anyone else has already solved this PLEASE SHARE what had to be done.
When trying to produce a video and upload to YouTube using PD12 Trial-version, I keep getting an error message. I get the standard YouTube Authorization dialog, but it states in text the following:

"Authorization is a simple process that takes place in your web browser. Log in to your Google account in your web browser and then return to this window to complete the authorization process."

When I do that, and hit AUTHORIZE in the dialog, I get a Navigation to webpage was canceled message and the authorization doesn't complete. Can't seem to get past this. Any help is appreciated.
Can anyone provide some info on retail PD11 performance & frequency of crashes? Do you experience delays and how is preview performing? How often are you seeing crashes? What do you see for render times for FHD H.264 work? Would like to know what others are seeing. Appreciate any feedback.
Here's the info on my Nvidia K2000M Quadro GPU. It is 2G and I have been running PD11 on the GPU.

I would be running ultimate or ultimate suite. My Quadro K2000M card (Nvidia) has 2G memory. I believe I've been running PD11 with that card (setup with the Nvidia driver). I'll check the driver rev. I'm using.

I have not made any changes to my DPI setting. 120 is not default? Where do I change that and what should I change it to? When you say "erratic issues", what do you mean?

If I can get a bit more comfortable with moving forward with PD11, I'll definitely do an initial purchase direct from Cyberlink so I get the 30-day money-back. I'm also currently testing Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 and their trial is performing tons better on my machine. I do appreciate your help.
Thanks. Yes, I'm running 64-bit. Attached are the DxDiag files.

After confirming my hardware, can you give me a better idea of what I should expect for performance with my system. Are crashes that common? Appreciate the help.
Yes, I am still using the trial. I have been working primarily with HD video (in H.264 format) with the trial and except for the performance issues, it's been working OK. Is what I'm seeing from a performance standpoint what you'd expect from the trial version? If the trial doesn't perform up to the specs of the actual app, how can anyone use the trial to make a decision? No problem reducing effects, or not giving other supplementary programs, but the performance of the base application should be the same as the actual.

Forget the trail for now, given my hardware platform, should I expect a 50+ minute render to H.264 @ FHD for a 3 minute video in the actual application (I just finished another test and my 3 minute video took 58 minutes to render)? What about the seconds of lag time when I start an operation until it begins? Lackluster (at best) performance of the preview window? Scrubber not keeping up with the preview video? The crashes?

At this point I don't really know what to expect with the actual application. Can anyone provide some baseline information for the actual version? Is what I'm experiencing, "normal"? Appreciate any help.
I've got a few miserable issues with PD11 and hopefully you guys can help me to narrow down possible problems. First, here's the HW I'm using:

Lenovo W530 laptop
Nvidia K2000M GPU (2G RAM)
i7-3740QM
16G RAM
1TB 7200rpm HDD
Win7 PRO (latest patches applied)

Given that my machine is fairly powerful, I was expecting much better performance than what I'm experiencing. I'm generally working with 1920x1080/60fps (H.264 files) video clips but also mix some 30fps in at times. The software just bogs during editing, with frequent pauses (a few seconds) during operations. Preview performance is really bad too even when viewing clips with little to no effects or color changes (and it gets horrible when lots of pre-processing is applied). I am forced to pre-view in low-quality mode to even get something close to a real-time view but even that doesn't do it (and of course low-quality provides no information on how the rendered video will look). I've also noticed quite a bit of lag in the scrubber bar placement on-screen and what is actual seen & heard. Things just seem out-of-sync.

I've also been experiencing lots of crashes (at least a few a day). Is that what others are seeing with PD11? I have not been able to discern any specific pattern to the crashes, but I have noticed quite a few when doing Voice-Overs. Do others see more crashes when doing Voice-Overs? Other than frequent saves, is there anything else that can be done to help limit crashes?

Lastly, rendering times are miserable too. To render a fairly basic 3 minute video with a few clips, some transitions & titles, and maybe an effect or 2 (but nothing drastic) is averaging about 20-30 minutes. I render to YouTube (1920x1080p) and H.264 mostly. The Hardware Encoding is enabled when doing H.264 renders, but is grayed out when doing YouTube renders. Is this normal? I've enabled OpenCL & Hardware Decode in preferences and am using SVRT when it allows.

Not sure exactly what the issues are but something seems wrong. Is this the type of performance I should expect with my machine configuration? Is there anything I can do to enhance performance? Appreciate any help.
Well, ESC is a typical cancel key in Windows and when editing a specific text portion and wanting to quit that specific editing portion, I instinctively hit ESC. Can I "un-learn" that, sure, but should I have to? And no matter what, PD should NEVER cancel anything that is lost forever without getting confirmation.

I've posted this problem to CyberLink and they confirm it is an issue but gave no indication of when/if it will be fixed. Not good ...
Thanks for your reply and sorry you feel stuck to a particular application. I'm really hoping NOT to get myself into that position. I guess I'm lucky not to be tied to any specific application at this point. But trying to weed through all the available options is pretty daunting and that's why I'd really like to hear about the actual features of PD11 that make it stand apart. Any help is appreciated.
Why would someone choose PD11 over SMSP12? The main positive for PD11 appears to be support for 2K & 4K, which I don't believe SMSP12 has at this point. I work primarily in 1080p now, but having 2K & 4K abilities is certainly a plus. I'm sure there must be other reasons to consider PD11, so please share your ideas. But there certainly appears to be quite a bit of negatives about PD11 (some of which I've had to find out through my testing) and the UI for SMSP12 is very similar to Vegas, so the learning curve is going in the right direction. SMSP12 also supports the entire line of NewBlueFX products, like Stabilizer which PD11 doesn't currently support. Really interested in what PD11 users think.

Just as a note I can purchase Sony Imagination Studio 4 which includes SMSP12, ACID Music Studio, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, DVD Architect Studio, Magic Bullet Quick Looks, NewBlueFX Titler & effects sampler, and 50 Sony production soundtracks for $52 from Amazon. Why would this be a mistake?

Appreciate any help.
Wow, that appears to work well! Thanks. Didn't originally know what the yellow bars on the sides of the scrubber were for. Appreciate the help!
I'd like to be able to do test renders of specified sections of video productions but am not seeing any options for this. I have a large 45min video and I want to see exactly what certain sections of the video will look like when rendered (i.e. with fix/enhance settings applied, transitions, titles, etc.). Obviously it will take hours to render the entire production just to see what a small section will look like so that's not an option. I can get some aspects of this via Preview but I can't get the complete view at actual speed without pauses. Is there any way to specify a START/STOP time on a render so I can do this? Do others think something like this would be helpful? Any other workarounds? Appreciate any help.
Anyone have any comments? Is anyone using Video Stabilizer? What have you found?
From a DVD perspective, I understand the idea of a menu structure as a mechanism to physically play chosen video clips that are stored on the DVD. When creating a menu structure for a DVD, what is handling the operation of the menus? Is that a software-based thing that "runs" on the DVD player or is it something simpler?

Although the implementation obviously has to be different for a file-based video production, the idea is basically the same. I have a set of video clips that constitute my video production. Now, I'm just hooking everything together in PD and creating a large (about 45 minute) video production of these clips with some "glue" to merge everything together. For this project, it would actually make more sense for the viewer to be able to select the clips they'd like to play instead of having to wade through the entire 45 minute production. There must be some type of multi-media scripting language that will allow you to build an operational menu structure and run the menu to allow users to make selections and view individual clips and come back to the main menu upon clip completion. This is such a basic operational need that there just has to be some type of application that will allow this to be easily built. I could develop this in a specialized programming language but I want something that can be easily distributed and doesn't require specific software to run it. Basically, I need something that will allow the grouping of a set of video clips (or possibly web links to where these clips exist (i.e. YouTube)) and provide the ability to setup a front-end menu system (with integrated video, images, & sound) that can be executed so the viewer gets a clean interface for interaction with the clips. Maybe it could be done in a Java applet that could run within a browser. Or maybe Flash? Other options/ideas? Appreciate any help.
I'd like to create a file-based video that allows a viewer to select the video segments to watch via a menu-structure. It appears PD only allows you to create something like this for a physically burned disc. Is that true? Why is that? Is there any way to create something like this for a file-based video? Appreciate any help.
Go to: