Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote You can do it all within PD but you have to be clear on what you're willing to sacrifice by changing to a vertical video. You can squeeze everything horizontally so it will all completely fill in the new frame, or you can shrink the clip so everything fits without distortion but you'll have large black bars at the top and bottom with no content. You can also crop the sides and use only one vertical section of your clip. here's what they each look like:

The first 2 options only require a single edit but each has visual drawbacks. Also, the second one would let you put text or other photos/videos above and below which might work for some projects.

The third is the best quality, but it will likely involve keyframes to keep the focus on the main object if there's any movement left or right as the video plays.

All of these choices are available in the PiP Designer, and for each one you'd drag one of the blue dots and drag it to resize the video as desired.

For #1, click and drag the blue dot in the center of the top or bottom frame until it reaches the edge of the visual frame and release it. This will stretch the vertical content which is the same as squeezing the horizontal.

For #2, click and drag one of the corner dots inward until the clip exactly fills the horiziontal visual frame.

For #3, click and drag one of the corners out and away until the clip fills the vertical visual frame. You may then need to slide the clip left or right to center the preferred section.

Thanks so much for the reply. I definately want #3. I have got that far before but because it's 4K I don't seem to fit all the vertical aspect into the frame. (it's like I'm zoomed in) I hope that makes sense. I watched on YouTube video re Premiere Pro and he said he has to lower "the scale" to fit the 4K into a HD format. Again I hope that makes sense.

Update.... I think I might have been dragging the corners too far. I might have it sorted.

Thanks so much again.
Hi all,

Can anyone please help me with a method of converting 16.9 4K drone videos to 9.16 for Instagram Reels? I can't quite succeed with a quality video at the end.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Here is the clue!
SVRT only works with the "clean" parts on the timeline, if you apply effects, transitions, titles, it becomes "dirty" and SVRT is not avaiable.

Thats it then. Thanks to everyone for your help. :

Interesting, I have same clips from those cameras but SVRT works fine here, you may check my attached screenshot.

Thank you your Highness. It's all very strange.

The latest one I have tried to do had lots of transitions, zooming and lots more editing. I will see if I can attach a screen shot.

Thanks.
Quote Hi Alpine310 -

SVRT simply suggests appropriate profiles as a guide. Obviously, with the range of clips you're using, to produce to a single format/profile something will need to be re-rendered (they're the red bits)

I don't know the details of your recording settings on each camera, but typically you might have:
DJI Mavic Air: MOV 3840x2160 30fps @ 100Mbps
GoPro HD: MP4 1920x1080 59.94fps @ 32Mbps
Sony A6300: MP4 XAVC 3840x2160 24fps @ 100Mbps

If all of that has to be pulled into one video file, a lot of it would need to be re-rendered. A similar timeline to yours is shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you Tony. All that makes sense. In my case the profiles listed in the table are all red as well. So I effectively can't use any them unless I make a custom profile based on the suggested settings.
When I use multiple sources of video and photos in one production such as Sony a6300 4k, DJI Mavic Air 4k and Go Pro HD, SVRT will determine percentages/ best profiles to use. The problem is often they are all in in red and as such I can't simply click on the best one and use it.

I can of course create a custom and use the suggested profile but why are they in red? The way I understand it is SVRT is recognising the best profile but it is not letting me use it. Why is this so?

I hope that all makes sense.

Thanks.
Your Go Pro will most likely record higher than 48fps but it will depend on which model you have.

Go through the settings on the camera and you will find a list of the fps options.
It should be in Documents, CyberLink, Power Director, 14.0.

I hope that helps...that's where mine goes.
This is what I use for all forms of media. Showing and watching downloaded films or TV shows. Watching my own home made videos, photos etc and it also provides access to other things such as Netlflicks etc.

I can stream wirelessly from my own PC or play the content from a USB or HDD. The options are endless. If I understand the original posters question, I think this is the way of the future.

Disks will be obsolete very soon I believe.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

Thank borgus1. All my drivers are up to date and this has been an ongoing problem for me for a while now. I think I would have done 3 or 4 video driver updates in the time I have been experiencing this.

This morning I may have solved my problem.

When I produce my videos I click on Intelligent SVRT to determine the best profile for me. I then just click start and off we go. This morning I notice that before I hit start the "Hardware video encoder" box is ticked. This time I ticked SVRT which unticks Hardware vide encoder. This has produced the video and all the 3D Transitions are working! Maybe some one can explain that to me.

Also I notice the first version where there are no 3D transitions is 2.45GB and the successful one is only 2.29GB. Both the same length and both the same profile. That's very strange as well.

Hopefully I have tripped upon the solution to my problem although I don't really understand what has fixed things for me.

Thanks for your help.
Funny you should ask that Kevin. I just completed a 15 minute video again made up of photos and videos.

This time all the 3D transitions I used actually worked in the preview but I have the black screen issue in the produced finished item.

Now I'm even more confused!

I have gone back into PD and re opened that project and they still work in preview mode.

Very frustrating!
I typically make video slideshows of about 7-10 mins. These usually include video clips as well as still photos. When ever I try and use any of the 3D Transitions I have a problem. When I first apply the 3D Transition it seems to work fine as I go back over my work in preview mode to see how things are progressing. But after I apply more photos or videos or even effects the 3D Transitions stop working.

I have no idea what causes the problem and what action stops them from working. What eventually happens is, as the video progresses through that transition the screen just goes black.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Thanks.
Hero 3+ out now.

http://gopro.com/
Ok, if you take each of these clips and put them into PD12 then hit SVRT it will come up with a preferred profile. Produce using that profile and then try to play it and you should see what I mean. With the 2 clips I have included here I think the problem is the MOV clip, as in SVRT doesn't like it. What I don't understand is why does it suggest a profile and then lets you produce using that profile yet you can't view it at the end.

To answer your question more specifically stevek I try to use SVRT for 2 reasons. I thought it is supposed to be quicker but more importantly I thought it is supposed to suggest the best quality profile to produce to.

Looking forward to feedback, thank you.
I have played around a bit with SVRT and videos from different cameras. I have 3 different cameras I can get video from including a GoPro, a compact Canon and a Canon Camcorder.

Whenever I mix any videos from different cameras and use SVRT I have problems. The profile it selects seems to be the one with the most compatible format. I think that might be normal. Where the problem starts is when I produce one of these projects, it is unwatchable. It doesn't seem to matter which combination of cameras is used I get the same result.

My conclusion is if you mix videos from different cameras SVRT is almost useless.

I wonder if anyone else can confirm this?
Quote: Hi Alpine -

About the clips from your Canon Powershot SX 260 HS... You don't need to use the 2048 workaround Dafydd posted. I think that was just for your GoPro clips.

You're right. The clips don't trigger a useable profile. There are two profiles attached, one MOV & one MPEG-4. If you copy & paste the contents to your Profile.ini you'll be able to use them for your Canon clips. Paste after the final &

Profile.ini is at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0

There's a side-by-side MediaInfo comparison too showing your original & a produced MOV.

If you were mixing clips from the two cameras, you'd have to decide on the best profile to select - mixing framerates etc.

Cheers - Tony

Hi again Tony.

Would you expect the MOV profile to work in PD 12?

I have tried to install it into 12 and it doesn't seem to work like it did in 11.

Thanks.

Note: Sorry, I have figured it out.
Jaime and Tony, does this look like the one?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29541.page

Read through but I think the thing you are looking for is on the 2nd page.
Hi Guys. I think you might be referring to my GoPro videos and SVRT. I have now got PD12 and your right Tony they work perfectly in PD 12.

The problem in PD 11 was the bitrate limit.
Hi Guys,

My question is does PD 12 give you more options in produce over PD 11 for MPEG4 files? Also do you get higher bitrate options as well?

Some examples - 1920x1080 24fps (or 50fps) and bitrates of 35,000-45,000
2704x1440 24fps (or 50fps) and bitrates of 35,000-45,000

These are more your GoPro type recording settings.

Thanks in advance as always.
Go to: