Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with SVRT
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

I have tried lately to get more familiar with using SVRT. I have recently tried a Go Pro video and used SVRT to select the appropriate profile which ended up being a custom. When I go to produce with SVRT ticked I get the following error message.

"Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Player or QuickTime software. You can also try to output the production in a different video format."

My system is i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz 3.90GHz
Windows 8 64 bit 16GB Ram
Nvidia Ge Force GTX 650Ti Driver 320.49
WMP and Quicktime are both up to date as is the Nvidia driver.

If I un-tick SVRT and tick Hardware video encoder it then works.

Can someone please explain why this is happening and what it means please?

Thanks in advance.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Which GoPro profile are you trying to use? I have custom profiles for most of the standard and HD profiles, but the Ultra-HD does not work with custom profiles. Well, the profile works, but not SVRT. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jaime,

I just tried it with 3 different Go Pro modes and all did the same thing.

All 3 were 1920x1080.
One was 50FPS and 31,000 Bitrate.
One was 50FPS and 45,000 Bitrate (Protune on)
And one was 23FPS and 35,000 Bitrate.

So yes, SVRT is setting custom profiles for all 3. Is that why it wont work?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT should work with 1080. Did you use the Intelligent SVRT to create the profile? Can you attach a dxdiag.txt? That may have some clues. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, thats the thing. I used SVRT to create the profiles for all 3 of the above examples.
James Dotson
[Post New]
Can you attach a short sample that we can test. It just has to be a few seconds long. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again,

This is the mode I mostly record in.

Thanks.
 Filename
GOPR0002.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
24761 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
175 time(s)
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again,

Sorry I didn't mean to send 2 files' This is the same mode just shorter.

Thanks.
 Filename
GOPR0003.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
14840 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
178 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2013 04:12

Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again,

This is the Go Pro mode I mainly use.

Thanks.
 Filename
GOPR0003.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
14840 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
180 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi again,

This is the Go Pro mode I mainly use.

Thanks.

Hi Alpine310,
I believe you've found a bug. I've used Intelligent SVRT and duplicated the issue. I'll contact CyberLink. There may be a workaround/tweak to the profile which I have yet to investigate.
Dafydd
James Dotson
[Post New]
I get the same error. I'll look closer after work tonight. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys. I guess that's good news. At least it means I am not doing anything wrong.

Can you please explain what I am missing out on by it not working. Is it less quality or just the rendering takes longer?
James Dotson
[Post New]
You will get lower quality, but starting out with GoPro quality and using a high quality profile to encode, you may not even notice unless you are using a really big screen television. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Unless I am missing something here I just downloaded the last video submitted the 03 attachment, and imported it into my system, viewed the clip in timeline 1 showing the SVrt profile showed all green. Went to preview Hi Def preview mode and got no errors. Am I missing something? when I went to the 'Produce' menu SVRT wasn't selectable but cpu acceleration was. My thoughts are the file does not fit SVRT requirements.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2013 00:38

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
James Dotson
[Post New]
James, did you have PD set to PAL? (not certain that really matters in this case) Also, for GoPro you have to first create a custom profile. The problem is that after creating the profile, it still will not produce in SVRT without error. If that works for you then we need to examine what is different about your system.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2013 00:49

Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jaime-esque,
No I am in Canada which is Ntsc format. I just got my go Pro two weeks ago so not familiar with all the modes yet but have been doing small videos with different settings. As for my settings here is a DXdiag file of my system. I just run PD11 with standard profiles

Filename
James1Dxdiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
James1 DxDiag file
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
224 time(s)
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Alpine310 ,
The solution to the bug and what the bug is caused by.

Please check out the following.

1. Open PDR11
2. Place Alpine310 GOPR0003.MP4 in PDR11
3. Drag clip to Track1
4. Select Produce
5. Select Mpeg4
6. Select Intelligent SVRT
7. Profile created
At this point producing/rendering the file will result in a failure
8. Select the Edit icon to edit the profile.
9. In the Quality Profile Set up/Video tab
10 Select Resolution 2048 x1080
11. Note the Average Bitrate now falls within the 23500-48500
12. select OK
13. Output Folder, checking location and naming the file.
14. Select Start
15. File is produced successfully using the changed Intelligent SVRT profile - SVRT not activated.
16. Analysis of the file shows a larger width (MediaInfo)
17. File plays OK full screen.

The reason for the SVRT failure was to do with the Bitrate fell ouside the parameters for 1920x1080.

Please check my findings. The video played ok on my computer.

Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-163.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-163.png
[Disk]
 Description
SVRT red line
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
895 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 26. 2013 06:27

Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much Dafydd, you are a legend. Also thanks to Jaime for helping.

That's a great result. I notice however when I change the 1920 to 2048 and click apply the SVRT box and Fast video rendering tech box both become unticked. I assume this is not a problem as it is still sing the SVRT profile...is that right?

I have another question please while we are on a roll. I have a compact Canon camera and when I try to use SVRT with video shot by it I get one profile option but it is in red so I can't click on apply. Any ideas?

I can submit a clip if you need one. It records in .Mov format1920x1080 and roughly 35000 bitrate. I know it's over the maximum bitrate again but I can't use your other work around as it is in red and I can't apply.

Thanks again.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you so much Dafydd, you are a legend. Also thanks to Jaime for helping.

That's a great result. I notice however when I change the 1920 to 2048 and click apply the SVRT box and Fast video rendering tech box both become unticked. I assume this is not a problem as it is still sing the SVRT profile...is that right?

I have another question please while we are on a roll. I have a compact Canon camera and when I try to use SVRT with video shot by it I get one profile option but it is in red so I can't click on apply. Any ideas?

I can submit a clip if you need one. It records in .Mov format1920x1080 and roughly 35000 bitrate. I know it's over the maximum bitrate again but I can't use your other work around as it is in red and I can't apply.

Thanks again.

Hi Alpine310,
Your observation was correct. The bug still remains with the clip. My findings were flawed, SVRT does not kick in with the changed profile. At the moment I cant get SVRT to trigger for your clip.

RE: 15. File is produced successfully using SVRT. Should read: File is produced successfully using the changed Intelligent SVRT profile - SVRT not activated.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]

Please provide a sample. Looks likely to be the same issue for the encoder within PDR11 - cant go beyond a bitrate range for 1920x1080.

Always worth testing out.

Dafydd