Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Transitions.
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I typically make video slideshows of about 7-10 mins. These usually include video clips as well as still photos. When ever I try and use any of the 3D Transitions I have a problem. When I first apply the 3D Transition it seems to work fine as I go back over my work in preview mode to see how things are progressing. But after I apply more photos or videos or even effects the 3D Transitions stop working.

I have no idea what causes the problem and what action stops them from working. What eventually happens is, as the video progresses through that transition the screen just goes black.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Thanks.
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
I've tried to replicate what you describe. Following the steps mentioned, I get no problems until adding effects. In preview (high preview resolution) the added effects cause me some choppy playback at the transitions, but I don't experience just black as you do. And the produced video plays fine. Have you tried producing, to see how it turns out?

Kevin
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Funny you should ask that Kevin. I just completed a 15 minute video again made up of photos and videos.

This time all the 3D transitions I used actually worked in the preview but I have the black screen issue in the produced finished item.

Now I'm even more confused!

I have gone back into PD and re opened that project and they still work in preview mode.

Very frustrating!
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
One thing to test: is your video driver up to date? Download from the chip manufacturer's WEB site.

http://geforce.com/drivers (NVidia)
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download (AMD)
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics (Intel)

If problems arise after updating the driver, roll back via Control Panel|DEVICE MANAGER|VIDEO ADAPTERS|<your video adapter>|DRIVERS tab.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 27. 2014 10:08

Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank borgus1. All my drivers are up to date and this has been an ongoing problem for me for a while now. I think I would have done 3 or 4 video driver updates in the time I have been experiencing this.

This morning I may have solved my problem.

When I produce my videos I click on Intelligent SVRT to determine the best profile for me. I then just click start and off we go. This morning I notice that before I hit start the "Hardware video encoder" box is ticked. This time I ticked SVRT which unticks Hardware vide encoder. This has produced the video and all the 3D Transitions are working! Maybe some one can explain that to me.

Also I notice the first version where there are no 3D transitions is 2.45GB and the successful one is only 2.29GB. Both the same length and both the same profile. That's very strange as well.

Hopefully I have tripped upon the solution to my problem although I don't really understand what has fixed things for me.

Thanks for your help.