Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Observation about SVRT
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I have played around a bit with SVRT and videos from different cameras. I have 3 different cameras I can get video from including a GoPro, a compact Canon and a Canon Camcorder.

Whenever I mix any videos from different cameras and use SVRT I have problems. The profile it selects seems to be the one with the most compatible format. I think that might be normal. Where the problem starts is when I produce one of these projects, it is unwatchable. It doesn't seem to matter which combination of cameras is used I get the same result.

My conclusion is if you mix videos from different cameras SVRT is almost useless.

I wonder if anyone else can confirm this?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I cannot confirm this because I never tried SVRT on multiple format videos is one project. I would think that it would look at all the different formats and select one that is associated with the largest file that had the minimum amounts of edits. See the discussion below on high definition vs standard definition formats.

As you know, SVRT is designed to look at all the video clips and editing that were done and pick a format that would give the least amount of rendering time.

Since I don't usually use it, doesn't it give you some alternatives?

Please explain why the videos are unwatchable? Do you have a mix of high definition and standard definition videos and are selecting a high definition format. It looks like you have both. Rendering UP is never a good idea.

I am not sure why the decision to try/use SVRT was made. What was the desired use of SVRT -- simply to save time?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2013 07:34

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, if you take each of these clips and put them into PD12 then hit SVRT it will come up with a preferred profile. Produce using that profile and then try to play it and you should see what I mean. With the 2 clips I have included here I think the problem is the MOV clip, as in SVRT doesn't like it. What I don't understand is why does it suggest a profile and then lets you produce using that profile yet you can't view it at the end.

To answer your question more specifically stevek I try to use SVRT for 2 reasons. I thought it is supposed to be quicker but more importantly I thought it is supposed to suggest the best quality profile to produce to.

Looking forward to feedback, thank you.
 Filename
MVI_4103.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
24562 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)
 Filename
GOPR0001.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28976 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, if you take each of these clips and put them into PD12 then hit SVRT it will come up with a preferred profile. Produce using that profile and then try to play it and you should see what I mean. With the 2 clips I have included here I think the problem is the MOV clip, as in SVRT doesn't like it. What I don't understand is why does it suggest a profile and then lets you produce using that profile yet you can't view it at the end.

To answer your question more specifically stevek I try to use SVRT for 2 reasons. I thought it is supposed to be quicker but more importantly I thought it is supposed to suggest the best quality profile to produce to.

Looking forward to feedback, thank you.

Hi Alpine310,
I agree with you. The results are dreadful.
Dafydd