Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with SVRT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have another question please while we are on a roll. I have a compact Canon camera and when I try to use SVRT with video shot by it I get one profile option but it is in red so I can't click on apply. Any ideas?

I can submit a clip if you need one. It records in .Mov format1920x1080 and roughly 35000 bitrate. I know it's over the maximum bitrate again but I can't use your other work around as it is in red and I can't apply.

Please provide a sample. Looks likely to be the same issue for the encoder within PDR11 - cant go beyond a bitrate range for 1920x1080.

Always worth testing out.

Dafydd
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Thank again...clip on the way.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a funny thing.

I put aside my dismay at the idea of selecting the 2048x1080 profile in order to produce a 1920x1080 video. Yes - it works for the reasons described above.

So - after producing the 2048x1920 video, I put it in the timeline and went to Produce > iSVRT to see how it would respond.

The 2048 profile was triggered. PD crashed as soon as I hit start... then again... then again. It doesn't even like the video it produced.

There's some work needed there.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Interesting findings Tony. I must try the same.

Here is my other clip.
 Filename
MVI_3991.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18633 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
154 time(s)
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Here's a funny thing.

I put aside my dismay at the idea of selecting the 2048x1080 profile in order to produce a 1920x1080 video. Yes - it works for the reasons described above.

So - after producing the 2048x1920 video, I put it in the timeline and went to Produce > iSVRT to see how it would respond.

The 2048 profile was triggered. PD crashed as soon as I hit start... then again... then again. It doesn't even like the video it produced.

There's some work needed there.

Cheers - Tony

I got exactly the same thing Tony. I did the same procedure as you did and PD crashed. Weird!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I just done experiment on my own GoPro video Black edition. I didn't use GoPro transfer utility tho' I used USB connection and just copied to HD. I imported to Pd11 and produced at 2045X1080 no problems but SVRt not available but time line show WVRT as green.
I was going to attch the clip but the forum just spins saving file.
Alpine load clip straight from Camera not though Cinplex.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks James but I load all my Go Pro videos straight from camera to PC so that influence this at all.

Even though you produced your clip in 2045x1080 I assume you actually shot the clip in 1920x1080?

This is where the problem starts.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
No I shot the clip in 4K size not the 4Kcin it wasn't any thing spectacular just a short drive. I am still new to the settings tho'
I will see if there is a way to get a clip to the forum. for testing. The timeline view SVRT showed all green, but when I produced it as Mpeg-4 the SVRT was greyed out....I assumed it was my system configuration i7 2600 processor and GEforce 560ti Graphic card.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

James1
[Post New]
Hi,
Ok just shot another clip this time at the 4K size can't attch here so here is a link to it. The content is my messy room.
had to edit post as the file won't insert and I tried uploading to my personal web space also with no luck. I shot a video Gopro 3 black at 4K 3184x1080 wide and produce in Pd11 . The SVRT wasn't available tho'
Hope this works
Jim
p.s I uploaded to you tube not a good video tho shaky and lack of content
http://youtu.be/83iKJazKxAo

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 28. 2013 00:58

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alpine -

About the clips from your Canon Powershot SX 260 HS... You don't need to use the 2048 workaround Dafydd posted. I think that was just for your GoPro clips.

You're right. The clips don't trigger a useable profile. There are two profiles attached, one MOV & one MPEG-4. If you copy & paste the contents to your Profile.ini you'll be able to use them for your Canon clips. Paste after the final &

Profile.ini is at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0

There's a side-by-side MediaInfo comparison too showing your original & a produced MOV.

If you were mixing clips from the two cameras, you'd have to decide on the best profile to select - mixing framerates etc.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Alpine MOV MP4 profiles.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)
[Thumb - Alpine MI.png]
 Filename
Alpine MI.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)

Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony. I can't seem to find the profile.ini by the path you suggested. Not sure what's wrong there.

Once I get to user name I don't have app date/roaming etc

Meanwhile the Go Pro scenario remains a mystery.
ynotfish
[Post New]
AppData is a hidden folder.

Just go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View and check "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Cheers - Tony
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Worked a treat. Thank you Tony.

Now to solve the Go Pro issue. Has anyone contacted Cyberlink re this problem. If not I will do it.

Thanks.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Just a side note.
When I find the need to go to hidden folders for PD more than a few times, after finding that folder, I place a shortcut to it, in a normal folder, with others I've bundled together.
So, now when I need to go to Smartsound, or the profile ini, or any folder that is hidden, I have it right away. Hidden folders still have normal shortcuts. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Worked a treat. Thank you Tony.

Now to solve the Go Pro issue. Has anyone contacted Cyberlink re this problem. If not I will do it.

Thanks.

Sounds like it is a problem of compatibility with PD. Probably nothing GoPro can do about it, but please tell us what they say. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
I have done done tests of my own with my GoPro Hero3 Black edition, but with the Ntsc format. As far as I can conclude in my experiments the original poster is importing and converting through GoPro's free program which give you the option of converting to AVI or Mov formats. This on my system the convert to AVI format works but the convert with the MOV extension is flawed...in GoPro's application as on my system if just hangs there saying processing.
With due apologies to all I offend in this next statement Alpine ??? you are using GoPro's cineform to tranfer your videos from the camera and it is processing as MOV extension (which may be flawed) try using the AVI extension for conversion.
Jim
P.s. connect the Go pro through the usb port and your system and turn it on...now go to My computer and you will have the GoPro as a removable drive, navigate to GoPro directories and you should see a list of your videos 1) copy to hard drive or 2) open in Powerdirector directly from this folder Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
I have done done tests of my own with my GoPro Hero3 Black edition, but with the Ntsc format. As far as I can conclude in my experiments the original poster is importing and converting through GoPro's free program which give you the option of converting to AVI or Mov formats. This on my system the convert to AVI format works but the convert with the MOV extension is flawed...in GoPro's application as on my system if just hangs there saying processing.
With due apologies to all I offend in this next statement Alpine ??? you are using GoPro's cineform to tranfer your videos from the camera and it is processing as MOV extension (which may be flawed) try using the AVI extension for conversion.
Jim
P.s. connect the Go pro through the usb port and your system and turn it on...now go to My computer and you will have the GoPro as a removable drive, navigate to GoPro directories and you should see a list of your videos 1) copy to hard drive or 2) open in Powerdirector directly from this folder

You are not offending me James because as I told you on page 2 of this thread I don't use Cineform for my Go Pro videos. I load them straight from the camera to my PC. In fact I don't even have Cineform installed on my PC!

If you record at 1080W 50Fps and try to use SVRT you will see what we are talking about.
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Alpine -

About the clips from your Canon Powershot SX 260 HS... You don't need to use the 2048 workaround Dafydd posted. I think that was just for your GoPro clips.

You're right. The clips don't trigger a useable profile. There are two profiles attached, one MOV & one MPEG-4. If you copy & paste the contents to your Profile.ini you'll be able to use them for your Canon clips. Paste after the final &

Profile.ini is at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0

There's a side-by-side MediaInfo comparison too showing your original & a produced MOV.

If you were mixing clips from the two cameras, you'd have to decide on the best profile to select - mixing framerates etc.

Cheers - Tony

Hi again Tony.

Would you expect the MOV profile to work in PD 12?

I have tried to install it into 12 and it doesn't seem to work like it did in 11.

Thanks.

Note: Sorry, I have figured it out.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2013 03:37