Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom Profiles
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I believe someone mentioned that PD 12 custom profiles do not work with PD 11. Does anyone have any custom profiles that they would like to share? I would like to compare and see what is different. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James -

I believe that someone may have been me in a PM to you. I didn't mean that NO profiles created for PD12 would work in PD11. i was referring to a particular profile for a GoPro clip.

Quote: In PD11, I got the same error you, Dafydd & the OP got using the sample clip.

I put it in PD12 to see what would happen - followed precisely the same steps and it worked perfectly with no error or alert.

When I compared the Profile.ini for PD11 & PD12, the only differences were:

PD11
<Audio Format Class>3
<Video BitRate>33164530
<Min BitRate>0
<Max BitRate>38164530
<Audio Layer>1073741824

PD12
<Audio Format Class>10
<Video BitRate>33276530
<Min BitRate>0
<Max BitRate>38276530
<Audio Layer>2

Every other detail was exactly the same.

Thought I'd be clever and copy/paste the PD12 profile into the PD11 Profile.ini. Haha! PD11 told me it was invalid!

I'll do some digging and find the thread we were talking about.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys. I think you might be referring to my GoPro videos and SVRT. I have now got PD12 and your right Tony they work perfectly in PD 12.

The problem in PD 11 was the bitrate limit.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That's the one Alpine!

James -

Most the profiles I've just tested - copied/pasted from PD11 Profile.ini to PD12's - have been fine.

I've attached 2 similar MPEG-4 profiles, both 960x540. Test Profile I has a bitrate of 3MBps and PD12 throws up the invalid profile message I got before with Alpine's GoPro clip. Test Profile II, with a bitrate of 8MBps, works fine in PD12.

Can't explain why.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Test Profile II.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
363 time(s)
 Filename
Test Profile I.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
380 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, you were the first to mention it, but someone else, possibly regarding the GoPro videos, mentioned that they used a custom profile from one or the other and PD crashed. Something else must have been wrong. I have been a little loopy lately and could be confused. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Jaime and Tony, does this look like the one?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29541.page

Read through but I think the thing you are looking for is on the 2nd page.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2013 21:08

James Dotson
[Post New]
I believe that could be it. Thanks. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM