Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT Question
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
When I use multiple sources of video and photos in one production such as Sony a6300 4k, DJI Mavic Air 4k and Go Pro HD, SVRT will determine percentages/ best profiles to use. The problem is often they are all in in red and as such I can't simply click on the best one and use it.

I can of course create a custom and use the suggested profile but why are they in red? The way I understand it is SVRT is recognising the best profile but it is not letting me use it. Why is this so?

I hope that all makes sense.

Thanks.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
from the PD FAQ...

disable HA,
the frame rate, frame size, and file format are the same as those of the destination production profile,
the bitrate(CBR or CVBR) is similar to that of the destination production profile,
the TV format(16:9 or 4:3 NTSC PAL etc) is the same as that of the destination production profile, then you'll be able to use SVRT.

NO SVRT if
HA is enabled,
adding a title or transition effect,
modifying the color of a video clip,
audio profile does not match destination production profile,
modifying the volume of an audio clip,
merging two video clips (clips within 2 seconds before or after the merged clips will be rendered),
splitting a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the split will be rendered),
trimming a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the trimmed clip will be rendered),
if the total duration of the production is less than one minute and any portion of the video requires rendering, the entire production will be rendered for efficiency reasons.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alpine310 -

SVRT simply suggests appropriate profiles as a guide. Obviously, with the range of clips you're using, to produce to a single format/profile something will need to be re-rendered (they're the red bits)

I don't know the details of your recording settings on each camera, but typically you might have:
DJI Mavic Air: MOV 3840x2160 30fps @ 100Mbps
GoPro HD: MP4 1920x1080 59.94fps @ 32Mbps
Sony A6300: MP4 XAVC 3840x2160 24fps @ 100Mbps

If all of that has to be pulled into one video file, a lot of it would need to be re-rendered. A similar timeline to yours is shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR16 SVRTinfo.png]
 Filename
PDR16 SVRTinfo.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1025 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2018 15:46

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Alpine310 -

SVRT simply suggests appropriate profiles as a guide. Obviously, with the range of clips you're using, to produce to a single format/profile something will need to be re-rendered (they're the red bits)

I don't know the details of your recording settings on each camera, but typically you might have:
DJI Mavic Air: MOV 3840x2160 30fps @ 100Mbps
GoPro HD: MP4 1920x1080 59.94fps @ 32Mbps
Sony A6300: MP4 XAVC 3840x2160 24fps @ 100Mbps

If all of that has to be pulled into one video file, a lot of it would need to be re-rendered. A similar timeline to yours is shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you Tony. All that makes sense. In my case the profiles listed in the table are all red as well. So I effectively can't use any them unless I make a custom profile based on the suggested settings.
[Post New]
Quote Sony a6300 4k, DJI Mavic Air 4k and Go Pro HD

Interesting, I have same clips from those cameras but SVRT works fine here, you may check my attached screenshot.
[Thumb - SVRT.png]
 Filename
SVRT.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
791 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Interesting, I have same clips from those cameras but SVRT works fine here, you may check my attached screenshot.

Thank you your Highness. It's all very strange.

The latest one I have tried to do had lots of transitions, zooming and lots more editing. I will see if I can attach a screen shot.

Thanks.
[Post New]
had lots of transitions, zooming and lots more editing.

Here is the clue!
SVRT only works with the "clean" parts on the timeline, if you apply effects, transitions, titles, it becomes "dirty" and SVRT is not avaiable. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Alpine310 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Here is the clue!
SVRT only works with the "clean" parts on the timeline, if you apply effects, transitions, titles, it becomes "dirty" and SVRT is not avaiable.

Thats it then. Thanks to everyone for your help. :