CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I do analog captures all the time, via USB dongle. Maybe the fact it’s digital when it gets to PD is what you mean.
Regarding lack of quality...some of it is perception, we are quite spoilt with hidef, super hidef, superduper hi...etc, some of it is capturing in compressed codecs, then compressing again if you “fix” it. S-video connection for analog is highly recommended.
I’ve had ffdshow and K-lite mega installed for ages. But v18 will not budge. Might I add, for AVI lovers, using ffdshow within VirtualDub is pro-level restoration for free, but it’s not an editor.
I've heard this from other people too that features don'twork, then all of a sudden start working. Makes me wonder if Cyberlink is pushing small fixes behind the scenes, or are these random signs of instability in the software.
Other people?
For some reason, it's now recognizing the SVRT.
Top of my head is being glued back on.
I'll look at that later but I have already pre-processed all my clips for PD18.
Also...I had a hissy-fit when there was no SVRT for my profile, but now for some unknown reason it is now accepting the profile.
Sigh.
Oh...My...God.
What have I done?
Aside from PD18 being unable to import and use my AVI files, I was forced to pre-produce them in PD14, which of course can still easily import my files.
So...
I have 30 titles already made in PD17, er, now PD18.
Therefore I bring my newly produced MP4 files, 60P, 7500mb custom bitrate into PD18 expecting to use SVRT and just BLOW thru these projects.
NOPE.
I extract a custom profile and apply it, but the entire timeline SVRT is RED. All must be re-rendered.
Does this work in PD14, you bet it does! But my titles are in PD18, which at this time is an utterly useless software to me.
Utterly useless.
Sorry Cyberlink, I love PowerDirector, but something is broke. Wish I never hit upgrade.
I cannot use any AVI lossless files. They all work in PD 17, 14, and 12.
My workflow is destroyed.
The new ColorDirector failed also.
I’m not home but I’ll bet Colordirector can play it.
This is an untimely disaster for me. There are additional samples of lossless on my site.
This is happening with all my lossless AVI formats.
UTTER DISASTER.
Error type : Video cut
Material type : Video
Error information : Unknown
Material filename : H:\Raw videos\Arroyo2-.avi
Detailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaLoader.CPP:4308
Source filter GUID : 3AA3A577-B842-46DC-A554-EA2D630592FF
Video decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B
Video hardware decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B

I can play it in the library, get thumbnails, but fails to play in the timeline.

Plays perfect in PD17, 14, 12, etc.

I just KNEW this was gonna happen.

Sigh, back to PD14 now that 17 is gone.
AVI can be best used as a restoration vehicle, it can carry a ton of color information.
Mpeg and AVC are for delivery, streaming, disc, because they are highly compressed.
I have, I used a paid software to turn text to speech, and exported the audio as wave files. Then you just cut that file up in your timeline and place it where it needs to go. Sort of like subtitles.
If you are asking if PD can create the audio within the program the answer is no.
Does this help
vip-video-converter.com/articles/how-to-export-cyberlink-powerdirector-video-to-mp4-avi-flv-youtube/
No, it’s a spam answer.
A pds file is a text file that is a roadmap for Powerdirector to open a project. It is not a video type.
Current PD is very limited in restoration ability. Try free Virtual Dub or Avidemux, both are incredibly powerful for temporal repairs.
You can use transitions on PIP objects but some transitions affect the entire timeline layer behind it. You’ll have to test each one.
A recurring pain in me bottom is when I get a crash or something goes wrong with PD as we all know you cannot restart the program sometimes.
No matter what I shut down in Task Manager I cannot get this program to restart without rebooting the computer.
Reboots are not always practical, especially if I have a batch render going on, or really anything else going on that I don't want to stop.
Has anyone found how to get this program to stop?
DV can only be transferred via ieee/firewire/1394. It is an exact copy of the information on the tape. Does your computer have FireWire?
Quote I have a Roxio video card that links VCR to Computer, will this work with PP6?LauR
I suspect the card or USB device will work, but you did not even give us a model number or ANYTHING. NUTHIN.
For any forum member to get assistance it is dependant partly on the collective information you provide.
Green can also be a missing codec issue.
If you used script, you are already past me!
Your example looks amazing. If you captured in lossless using VirtualDub you could have skipped an entire generation of lossy compression. That being said it's still fantastic.
This is why Cyberlink should really port Hybrid or VirtualDub so we can use hundreds of free quality filters written by video experts over decades. It would open up a whole new customer base. Avisynth and Vaporsynth please???
A truly elegant solution would be VirtualDub ported to Powerdirector. It can be done, but only in 32bit-PD.
For now I capture lossless AVI in VirtualDub, (either HuffYUV, MagicYUV, or UTvideo codecs), de-interlace in Hybrid using QTGMC, go back to VirtualDub to remove camcorder noise, and THEN I finish up in PD.
Go to: