Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Grabber Blue Screen - PowerDirector 12
andyr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2023 08:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I got a Video Grabber device from LIDL and in the box it came with a DVD disc of Power Director version 12 and the registration number on a label at the front .

I am trying to convert someone bad old home VHS tapes with mold on and they are not in the greatest condition. When it hits a bad part the blue screen comes up on the preview screen and I cannot find in settings where to disable this. I would rather thevideo be 'liney' rather than the blue screen when signal/picture is not good.

I have turned off the blue screen setting on the VHS recoder/player so its not that.

any help please?

its

power director 12

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2023 23:33

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
What make/model is your VCR?
Moldy tapes are the enemy of capture.
They will contaminate your machines, your office, and your lungs, as well as clog your video heads over and over.
What exactly is your "videograbber" model?
You may REALLY need some type of Time Base Correction, maybe both line and frame TBC, more so if your VCR is of suspect operating condition.
Get your hands on a Panasonic DVD recorder ES-10 or 15 or 25, (under $150) not TRUE TBC but very functional. Use as passthru only. Do not record to disc. Noise Reduction OFF.
Other choices for TBC will run you $1,000+.
Get a JVC or Mitsubishi S-VHS player (in GOOD condition).
Read the user manual(s).
As for the mold...real trouble.
The mold will clog and reclog your video heads.
Cleaning them with a cleaner tape is a fool's errand.
I personally have a Geneva tape cleaner FOR THE MOLDY TAPES.
91%+ alcohol for cleaning, do a search at DigitalFAQ.
You may need a better capture dongle, too. Most everything made today is a pile of doo-doo that will give you off-colors, off-whites, dropped frames, and blue screens when it pukes on your tape.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 29. 2023 08:12

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You are not answering or asking new questions.
I will mention also that newer versions of PD seem to have a flaw in the capture module where it cannot capture more than around 4GB, about an hour's worth of MPEG 2 HQ.
Not sure if that error goes back to V12, though. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT