Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture Mini DV Tapes - No camera recognition of UCEC video converter (analogue to DV Transfer)
Russell22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2023 23:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PD 20 Does not recognize or pick up my Panasonic CCD Mini DV digital camera on its Capture menu / Camcorder DV. I have the camera attached to a UCEC video Converter (Analog to DV transfer). Camera is on playback mode and is recognized if I use other software editing programs such as OBS Studio. However I want to transfer into PD 20 as this is the software program I want to edit in!!! Very frustrating considering the money I pay for this PD software - should be able to recognize the camera/UCEC video converter. Any suggestions?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I would suggest capturing in free WinDV or Scenalyzer (my preferred), type 2 DV.
Not sure why PD is not picking it up, but it will ingest the created files nicely. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
AIaiclothesremover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2023 13:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PD 20 disappoints by failing to recognize my Panasonic CCD Mini DV camera via UCEC video converter, despite working in other software. Frustrating and costly. Any solutions?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2023 12:28

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD 20 disappoints by failing to recognize my Panasonic CCD Mini DV camera via UCEC video converter, despite working in other software. Frustrating and costly. Any solutions?

UCEC is not a DV capture device. You need FireWire.
You post appears to be more spam than query.
However...
what exact capture card?
What exact camera?
Cabling choices?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2023 08:24

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I did not catch the potential incompatibility of Russell22 original post.
We need to see exactly the capture work flow. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT