where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Left Right Popups on a Video
Reply to this topic
otown [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 27. 2011 07:00 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have over 100, 20-25 second video clips I would like to have popped up on the screen alternating between left and right. So the first will fade in on the left and start. Toward the end the second will fade in on the right and begin playing when the first is done. Then the first will fade out and the third fade in. And so on.
I will show an ongoing video in the background. I know how to do chroma key but not the alternating popups. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
I have Powerdirector 18.
thx
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25. 2011 09:33 Messages: 6290 Offline
[Post New]
You can give a link to an example video to show users here what you want.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2023 19:32

otown [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can give a link to an example video to show users here what you want.

Unfortunately I dont have an example to give.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06. 2008 19:18 Messages: 6204 Online
[Post New]
The quick and dirty way is to use transitions. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01. 2006 17:01 Messages: 5630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
I have over 100, 20-25 second video clips I would like to have popped up on the screen alternating between left and right. So the first will fade in on the left and start. Toward the end the second will fade in on the right and begin playing when the first is done. Then the first will fade out and the third fade in. And so on.
I will show an ongoing video in the background. I know how to do chroma key but not the alternating popups. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
I have Powerdirector 18.
thx

See if the attached pds using PD18 sample files is at all what you are describing and maybe gives you some ideas. It's unclear to me if you want your left and right alternating clips to fade in and take up full screen or just stay scaled on left or right side. The sample pds has both.

Jeff
 Filename
Alternate.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
442 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
74 time(s)
otown [Avatar]
[Post New]

See if the attached pds using PD18 sample files is at all what you are describing and maybe gives you some ideas. It's unclear to me if you want your left and right alternating clips to fade in and take up full screen or just stay scaled on left or right side. The sample pds has both.

Jeff

Thats what I'm looking for. A great start. Thx
Reply to this topic