CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please provide the exact version/build of PD17.
A dxdiag file of your pc, attached, may provide additional clues.
Good capture requires a good playback device whether camcorder or VHS deck.
Preferred is the s-video for a cleaner image, using a well-running clean device such as a JVC or Mitsubishi.
If you can find a machine with TBC you'll be far better off. As a poor man's TBC you can try the Euro version of Panasonic ES-10 or ES-15 DVD recorder.
Do not use the ES to record to DVD, just use it as a pass-thru to stabilize the image, and only if the image needs it, as the pass-thru can have some small degredation of the image. It's always a trade-off with tape.
Quote Hi Barry,
Knowing something of corporate culture, I suspect that any tool so designed would probably have to be called something generic like Content Aware Fill or Magic Mask (both from other NLEs).

I'm sure it's a likely development and the removal of time stamps using AI ...On a realistic note, a decently implemented AI type of content aware object replacement, would be a great boon for many situations, easier for "static" objects like timestamps (dare I mention other types of "unwanted" objects that detract from the artisitic visualisation of the story?) but more difficult for moving objects that need to be tracked.

Crack on (as they say over here) with the right question, and see what the answer is?
Adrian
Adrian!!! Very nice to hear from you, old old old buddy.
I will likely inquire to CL, just to see a response.
I have a few tapes with that damned time stamp but I also have an "interview" I did, very unplanned, where there appears to be a broom protruding from the man's melon, but it's hanging on the wall behind him, that would be object removal. Be well.
With all the AI being implemented will there be any filter to remove logos or time stamps from video?
Not blur or hide it, actually remove it?
Does anyone in the forum have any interest in such a filter?
I will likely ask SUPPORT, but I thought I'd toss this into the mix.
Quote Well, 6, 7 and 8 seem to produce exactly the same quality file..
You can also alter the GOP but make a copy of your ini first, then have at it.
Try WinDV, or Scenalyzer, both free.

Hi there , I hope you are still active on this forum. A couple of years later , I am also facing the same situation and Power Director does not allow me to record from a Dv Pass Through giving me exactly the same answer because as a matter of fact there is no tape in the Camcorder.

At that time you wanted to try other softwares which looked to be even better, did you succeed ? Can you tell me which softwares are the most useful for this purposes ? I have tried Adobe Premiere Elements but it does not see the footage. Power Director sees the footage but does not record.

I have also tried Vlc and got it to work with the convert/save function but there...
What is the capture from?
Using a DV camera as pass-thru resulting in a DV file in NTSC might be crippling to the final result.
Try using free Mediainfo to get a more complete list of the file properties, post here.
Quote Thanks Barry, I will try a different lead and converter. Do you think the HDMI wiring keeps the chrominace and lumiance separate to maintain the advantage of S-Video?
HDMI automatically deinterlaces, I prefer software deinterlacing, the best being QTGMC, sadly unavailable in PD. I do not know how HDMI affects Chroma Luma.
A faulty s-video connection somewhere in your work-flow seems a likely culprit to lose your color.
You are robbing yourself of a better signal.
Cheap Chinese junk will give you garbage.
For new manufacturers try Hauppage, Diamond VC500, and IO-DATA GV-USB2.
Absolutely avoid HD cards.
If you have Windows 7 available I have a legacy USB dongle, rock solid capture. PM me for price.
Let me ask...
What are you capturing?
Hardware, connections, software, settings, VCR? Camera? Everything.
Do you have any Time Base Correction?
S-video is preferred for all work flows.
Quote Good afternoon!
When will support for the popular VP9 codec be added ?
That is a question for Support. In the past they have added the ability to ingest a number of codecs/wrappers due to demand from users.
Ask them!
It's possible it is already useble, have you tried a codec pack?
EDIT:
I just tried a WebM VP9 in both PD14 and 17 and it worked fine.
Quote I'm using the Magewell - USB Capture HDMI Plus device with the Magewell Capture Express software to bring video into PD18 with H264 codec and then create the final video in H265. It works, but I lose quality and would prefer to capture the USB video directly into PD18 or an upgraded version. Does anybody know of software that extends the capture capability of PD so that it supports video from USB.
Thanks
You never responded. USB is supported, you must specify what you are capturing, is it tape,the entire work flow including software/hardware and OS.
If the DVD stops or stutters try burning at a slower speed.
Quality of disc is ever more important. Taiyo Yuden among the best.
I have also found Sony DVD players to be finicky, if that applies.
You are mutilating your video.
DVD is 720x480.
Should be a 1 and done process, and 24p ain't helping.
Go direct from original video files, make your edits, and then
either produce a DVD from your timeline
or
a DVD folder
or
produce an Mpeg2 file, using the standard profiles available and burn that to DVD.
Only produce an MP4 for streaming, internet, devices.
I would suggest test renders that you can watch in VLC or other viewer or use RW discs
until you are happy with the outcome.

I also have no idea what the "Youtubes tools" are....I just issued a dispute on the claim and stated where I got the music and awaiting their decision. But, it makes me leary of using the content in Power Director 365 in the future as why would I want to risk my channel with nearly 20K followers.
Youtube tools are what you used, official YT avenues to dispute claims. Perhaps I should have said Customer Service.
It is not necessarily Cyberlink at fault.
Youtube is very aggressive, and often stoopid.
Trolls will also make fraudulent claims.
Use Youtube's tools to squash the claims.
EDIT:
I thought I recognized Plessner.
Are you using Smartsound?
When you burn a video-DVD look at the content in your file explorer.
For DVD you get 2 folders:
Video, which contains the video files, and menu if you have a menu.
Audio folder, which always appears empty.
Those 2 folders, and any sub folders are what is actually on the dvd!
So, skip the physical DVD and just burn the folder, remember where you save it.
If you get a successful folder burn you can test it with VLC, or Powerdvd, or any other app that can play a folder structure.
If all is well you can then either reburn to disc or use the folders to burn the disc using Power2go or imgburn or any folder burning app.
Did you try a folder burn? Attempting to burn to a folder first saves discs.
Did you try without a menu? Early fails can be a bad menu.
Burn slower speed, disable HA.
Staples discs are crap.
Get Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, or Verbatim.
Be sure your burner is free of dust,
All non-live non-365 versions can coexist with each other and the current live version.
Go to: