Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Would you guys recommend skipping this patch if the program is 'relatively' stable? If aint broke don't fix it kinda patch? Thanks.
@JL right! I missed that.

I guess since my contribution was kinda pointless... I can add that cuda cores are used better by other software...particularly the higher end software.

The gtx 970 has been out for a while now. I myself picked up the one I have for 200 bucks (used). This is about the retail price of the 960... something to consider.
gtx 970 has 'hardware video encoder' for h265 with current drivers (359.00)
It's somewhat upsetting that they didn't address the multi clip audio disband feature which is gone.
Hi Dafydd.

Thank you for keeping my dilemma in mind. I did a project today and it was indeed tedious work to do it without the multi select disband audio option. I'm sure it would take a simple fix to revert the behaviour back to PD13. I hope the software engineers listen to this. I will keep working with PD14 for the moment as I find it somehow more stable in my computer.
I would copy someone's system who claims to have a nearly perfectly smooth running powerdirector to be honest (this is the single most important thing... FORGET PERFORMANCE). That is the BEST advice I can give you. Take a look at my system profile. I have also tried gtx 970, 960 graphics card. I've had my share of bugs and instability with my system (with powerdirector). It's all about compatibility down to the motherboard and configuration.
Thank you Dafydd. I deal with projects that have 200 plus clips. I disband audio to at least half of those clips. Now I will have to do that one by one or revert to PD 13.
Congratz on your machine... specs are awesome! Please share if PD is more responsive and is hang free with your supercomputer. Cheers.
I used to be able to highlight multiple clips and disband their audio using a shortcut I created myself under keyboard hotkeys (pd13). This is no longer possible in pd14. Please correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope I am). Now I'm only limited to disband audio to a SINGLE CLIP... this is big... not big HUGE for me. If I'm right... PLEASE patch this up asap!
Quote: Apart from all the new fancy stuff in PD 14, most of which I don't care about (screen capture?), I tested the editing, which is what this program should be all about. And apparently there is still no option for a track that is above another to take priority, it only goes in the "down" direction towards higher track numbers, which means I'll create like 50 new tracks and continue this nonsense of constantly "going down" when doing cuts especially in dialogue scenes when you cut back and forth between two persons but while one is talking you already cut to the other a fraction of an second before the line is finished and the second person replies to that line.

Or am I mistaken here? Anyone have a solution? Otherwise that's the end for me with PD (and no, I don't need another "wedding special" effects etc. package, I'd like to have a good editor).

And the "Breaking News" title still can't scroll a given text as a loop at the bottom of the screen, which is the point of a news ticker??? Please say it isn't so. This can't be.

I could go on and on, it's so incredibly sad...: So we have a "Las Vegas Sign" in the PiP section. Wow, so whenever I do one of them swingin' Las Vegas movies, which are ever so popular with millions of users, I have the famous sign right at my fingers. Are you freaking kidding me? Well, if you could alter the text THEN we would be talking! Then it would actually be usable. But alas... it's history repeating for me since I had the same things to say one year ago with PD 13.

Oh, BTW, I almost forgot: There are some 5000 new incredibly fancy transitions - which nobody actually needs. Hey, why don't you call your product "Transition Master"?

Deja vu. Well, Cyberlink, I guess it's time to say goodbye. I don't need a toy, I need an editor.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out... j/k . I know your frustration. My main complain with PD is stability and reliability... but oh my God does it have potential... the single thing that keeps me struggling. Unfortunately... treatening to quit the software doesn't get issues resolved.
Quote: As I await a response of Cyberlink support I was wondering if my fellow forum-members ran into installation questions and issue's like I have.

So in short I sent the below text to Cyberlink support:

----------

The question is: Will PowerDirector 13 be demanded to be installed during the upgrade installation of PowerDirector 14 Ultimate?

If indeed the answer is 'yes" you are telling me the only way I can install PowerDirector 14 on a clean installation of Windows Pro 10 is to buy a full version making promotions sent to "valued" members void.

Why you ask?

I own PowerDirector 12 and upgrade PowerDirector 13 licence.I had issue's getting PowerDirector 12 installed because outdate .NET installation issue's during just getting 12 on a Windows 10 Pro machine. It would basically cancel the installation as some Microsoft .NET files were not installed the "Cyberlink" way.

Only after the extracting installation files were available I was able to copy the Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 files needed without using the interactive setup. After I had PowerDirector 12 installed I could use the upgrade of PowerDirector 13. I think the upgrade mechanism of Cyberlink is troublesome from the start since you can NEVER have a clean installation of any Cyberlink product if one chooses to upgrade. Am I incorrect in this?

Looking forward to your response. When will you start using an upgrade process where the upgrade itself wil ask for a valid previous license key before asking for the upgrade key coming with an upgrade purchase of a Cyberlink product?

Parallels Software uses a installation process like that so I know it's possible. This methode works like a charm avoiding "left-over" files and registry-entries.

------

Anyone have advies or perhaps answers?

Thanks

I did a Fresh OS install on a drive and installed PD 14 (upgrade) version with no other cyberlink product installed on the drive. I had no issues and somehow the key worked as though it was a full version with no promps for previous serial numbers or anything similar. I had recently purchased PD 13 though (about 4 months ago)... and I'm not sure if that had something to do with the type of key that I was given. Cheers.
Is your C drive not an SSD ? If so, your system would greatly benefit from booting from the SSD. There are tools that can help you reimage your OS onto a new drive, such as SSD, without reinstalling the OS. I use Acronis True Image for that, but it is a paid tool. I'm sure there are others. Many SSDs actually come with those tools.

My c drive is an ssd. What I was thinking is to have the program write shadow files /render files in a second ssd I have. One that isnt shared by windows or the program itself.
Quote: Oh dear, I hate when a pessimistic expectation is confirmed. I'll have to wait and see then, what the new year brings. Maybe more people will move to Linux so that it's a viable alternative after a while.

If I worry about manufacturing I can also kill myself. But the manufacturing I can influence, the behaviour of the USA I can't.

Do you have a suggestion regarding my question?

Theoretically, An experienced computer programmer can make any software work with Linux. Of course this will cost money, but if money isnt an object it is a real solution to your question. Cheers.
Quote: Under Preferences,File ,browse, you can move the export file to a different location after first setting up that folder. On my setup the shadow files are on a seperate folder within the export files. Library is on a separate Hd too

I use a SSD too and try to keep it as lean as possible.

Eugene

Hey there. Thanks for the reply. I moved the export location but this does not affect the shadow files and they are still being generated in the default "c" drive.

Thanks for the link. I read up on that topic which is nearly identical but failed to see if indeed changing the shadow folder is possible. Someone pointed out that he did by changing the Video library location (in windows I'm assuming because I found no way of doing this withing PD). I did this but it didn't affect the folder.
I'm trying to optimize the way powerdierctor 14 performs by moving the folder in which shadow files /render files are created. I currently have shadow files off but I noticed that some files are still being generated. I recently added a second SSD and I would like to have whatever files PD creates while editing be saved there instead of the default location. I have searched and have found no way of moving the folder in preferences. Thanks in advance.
You may want to give up computing all together then... most electronics all manufactured by Chinese labor under unfair conditions.
You are correct. Thanks for the quick input.
It's not letting me install the update. it says:

You do not have the required version of the program installed on your system.

The installation will abort. Please contact your application provider.

I bought the upgrade version of PD14....
Would it be too much to ask what is the "specific platform" ?
Give us control of bitrate and quality settings when creating a dvd ISO image... this is a very basic tool. PLEASE!!!
Go to: