Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Give us control of bitrate and quality settings when creating a dvd ISO image... this is a very basic tool. PLEASE!!!
ynotfish

I saw the files you posted and YES that is the manner that the transition was used... I should also point out that the files were exported as ISO for dvd using the preset (2d 480i standard deff).

I'm not able to replicate the issue now as I returned the card.
Ynotfish

I have to look at the samples from a computer... currently at mobile. But yes there is really no need for the fade at the biginning... they were used mostly at the end. The same issue can be replicated with other tittles... those just happened to be last ones I tried using.

Question: were you able to replicate the issue though?
The video underneath is continuous... and on the same track is not what Im referring
Transition is called : "fade" and is a 2d type
you can try to replicate the issue with the "wedding pack tittles" either "laurel" or "lace of hearts"...
Have the movie clip on the bottom and insert any of these tittles using the fade transition...
Once you produce the video you should notice it fades to black or with black lines across... once the transition is over then
it abruptly jumps to the track underneath.
Eldor:

The gtx 960 also had rendering issues with fade in fade outs showing black for a background instead of the track below. This happened in the final produced video... not during preview. I hate to sway you away from this card but at least you should be aware of the issues I noticed. At least test it well before the return period expires. It happens mostly with tittles and particle effects and the cross fade transition. Best of lucks.
I had this card before as well... I noticed that it didn't render some of the transitions properly when you had a background track. eg. the fade outs would fade to black instead of the track bellow. I downgraded to a raedon card and this issue seems to have vanished. If video editing is one of your primary use for your computer... I would suggest looking into raedon cards as they seem to render transitions and effects better than nvidia cards... I wish cyberlink would elaborate further on what cards work best with the software (rigorously tested and provide top performance) ... rather than throw vague recommendations.
I just thought I shared my experience with you guys and see if someone else has had a similar observation.

I noticed that when using the nvidia card... some of the fade in transitions I used on the time line would ignore the background track (the track underneath) and instead of fading to that... it would fade to black.. then the background track would appear abruptly.
This happened more often when using tittles and particle effects. Well I thought I gave a radeon card a try and even though the card has lower specs than the nvidia card... it does not have the rendering issues the nvidia card had. The fade outs/in are smooth and show the background track (as it should).

Just from looking at the hardware requirements on the cyberlink page... it seems a bit obvious that this software favors radeon cards even though nvidia cards are over all superior atm.

If anyone has had a similar experience... or is having a similar issue with rendering transitions (especially fading in/out tittles or particle effecs) please do share your experience.
@Myk

You shouldn't have to do 2 dvd's if you don't want to.. I edited with avid liquid 7 for a long time and this gave you the ability to set up your own bitrate compression for the iso file. Some of my projects were 3 hours long on a single dvd. Of course the bitrate was low but it was fine for what it was intended. I hope the developers take a look at this.
Playsound

Thanks for taking the time to reply on this issue. I had already considered what you suggested and I was hoping having to do this extra step... I was also uneasy about having to re-compress an already compressed video, but I shall take the steps you suggested to make sure this is not the case. I hope the developers take quick note of this issue and get down to fix it. I'm surprised not to see others bring this issue up... I guess no one really burns old dvd's anymore.

Cheers!!!
Thanks for the reply. The only two settings I'm available to choose from are : best quality and smart fit. Smart fit does reduce the size and quality as you pointed out, but it still makes the file a tad too big for burning on a 4.7gb disc. 0.01 gb too big.
Hello there... I'm a bit frustrated. I'm trying to make a dvd using the smartfit setting under the dvd video for create 2d disc. Everything is fine until I try to burn the file that this setting creates. The file is 4.39gb large and to my understanding the max should be 4.38. The video is about 1hour 41 mins long. Can anyone suggest anything it would be greatly appreciated.
Go to: