Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yeah.. It's 7 here to and the front page still says about the sale that supposedly ended yesterday. My bet is that they forgot to update the website XD
Stability-wise, it has also been pretty much stable than PDR 14, but I still haven't worked with my 4K XAVC files.

At least exporting to WMV, H264, XAVC and H265 are working fine. I will test rendering other slideshows I made that when exporting to 4K H265 it crashed PDR 14, but exporting to H264/XAVC and WMV worked fine. Currently I'm still doing more renderings with the same slideshow I made with different codecs and it still haven't crashed.

At least manual slideshow editing is working way better than PDR 14. I'm using Intel HD Graphics 4000 at the moment, which is a step down from the Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia GT 750 from my other machine. Still impressed by how fast it is working on the old CPU.
I would have liked if PDR 15 added HEVC Main10 10-bit encoding...

BTW, the transition bug where a transition is not rendered and gives you a black transition instead of the actual transition is still there...
Interestingly, Adorage works, but not Vitascene.

Also, at least for me, the timeline seems to be faster when working with slideshows. Transitions no longer seem to cause preview issues I had with PDR 14, but interestingly as well, is that I built a mini-ITX system using a 3rd gen mobile i7 CPU from a broken laptop and the editing system I used before is a 4th gen mobile i7 processor, in which I always had timeline issues...

I'm finishing my project, so I'll test rendering in a few minutes
It also seems that VitaScene is not licensed for PDR 15. I guess we have to wait for the official release so the content packs and effects get updated for PDR 15
Yeah, most probably PDR15 just includes 360 video editing, since PowerDVD 16 brought support for that. And also, the usual "Speed Improvements over the last version" but I find PDR15 performance to be just the same with PDR15.

Some things I found out:
-H265 lets you choose Main or High profile. I wasn't sure if this was possible with PDR14
-H264 and H265 now have an option for "Dynamic GOP".

The other encoders are the same. WMV, MPEG2, H264 and H265 are all there, along with 2D, 3D and the other export profiles.

I'm still playing with it... But it still lags when editing 4K XAVC files. Shadow files is a must.
I also noticed it doesn't seem to have an 8bit/10bit HEVC encoding option... I haven't tried encoding HEVC yet since I don't have a capable HEVC encoding hardware but I'm thinking on getting an Nvidia GTX 1070 for doing that tasks. It makes sense since there is also no UHD Blu-Ray authoring which also makes use of HEVC 10bit encoding.
So, I guess this topic will get removed but it seems Director Suite Live users can have PowerDirector 15 now before an official release statement has been released

No idea what's new but let the play time start!
well, I received a response that Adorage 1 and VitaScene should be available in the Application Manager, but we know that is not the case. They went to the troubleshooting we all know, to download the Application Manager and install it, thing that is already done in my PC and it is updated to the latest version from the auto-update it does. So I have replied back, hoping I receive both products. The fact is, they have it marked in the Product Comparison page, which I believe we should get the product since it tell us both products are available in the Live version of PowerDirector.
Cyberlink Support still hasn't replied to my ticket...
I'm contacting them again. They told me back in September when the product got released that the Live version did not include Adorage 1 and VitaScene, something weird because in the comparison page of the different PowerDirector products it tells you it comes bundled.
Have you tried playing the produced Quitcktime videos in PowerDirector? If it plays with sound then it can be a codec issue with your computer
Actually, Hi8 are supported if you have a Digital8 camera that can play back Hi8 tapes. Then with Firewire output PowerDirector CAN detect the camera and capture that source. The other workaround can be using a USB to Composite adapter and if the camera has composite output, use that.
I had it. I believe it was because Power director 13 came with it so it was kept during the upgrade to Power director 14
I do have adorage, but vitascene is not available :'(
4th Gen Intel processors doesn't have hevc quick sync encoding. It became available with skylake (6th gen)
Still there is no 4K Hardware decoding support....

See thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46109.page
Today I found out PD Live received update to build 2302. However, 4K hardware decoding still not work...
Can you try to use the Intel graphics and try to produce a video? I haven't experienced that problem in my videos. It could be a software/hardware issue as well.
Has the 4K Hardware Decoder problem been reported to Cyberlink? I posted several days ago with no helpful answer, even made a new topic discussing how the GPU was being used for 1080p files but no 4K files. Please this is urgent. Please take a look at this topic: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46109.page
So it seems I'll have to use Shadow Files until this issue is solved...
Go to: