Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Ryan -

I'm a little unclear...

Just before Christmas i purchased the Power Director 19 Ultimate lifetime digital edition.

Would that not mean that you downloaded the installer files directly to your PC?

Did you download the installer files through CL Application Manager? If so, they are downloaded to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\AppManager. After installation is complete, those installer files are deleted.

Please wait for confirmation on this becasue I don't know if it's accepted practice... what I do is open the Temp/AppManger folder during download, then (when it's complete) copy & paste it to a different file path (the installers folder shown in the screenshot above).

Other users may have a more efficient way of doing that.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Ryan -

All I do is save all the installer files on my PC, with an extra backup on an external hard drive.

Cheers - Tony
Thanks Jeff -

I can always count on you to steer my thinking in the right direction.

My shonky estimations were based on ~30 per page (in PDR365 GUI) x number of pages.

Cheers - Tony
Hi lexxmd -

Yes - that's true. PDR365 has access to some (not all) of Shutterstock's library of videos, audio & photos. By my estimation, PDR365 has access to about 2000+ videos. 2000+ photos & 2000+ audio clips...

... which is just a small part of Shutterstock's libraries of video (20+ million) photos (350 million) & music (unknown).

I guess if you compare the cost of a PDR365 subscription (say $99 p.a.) to the combined annual cost of a Shutterstock subscription (including only video, photo & audio) of ~$1900 p.a. it puts it in perspective.

Cheers - Tony
Sorry optodata. Ending global pandemics is just a tad beyond Tess Ting's pay grade. frown

The recently released Holiday Jingles Volume 2 background music pack has been tested on YouTube with no copyright claims made for any of the 10 tracks.

Cheers - Tony
Opacity control - yes.

Maybe you should post future PhD questions in the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Cheers - Tony
You won't find any PhotoDirector answers here

... unless someone came along and posted in the wrong forum embarassed
G'day Tom -

Wow - this thread is so old the answers above aren't necessary with recent versions of PDR.

It may be true that some elements of PDR & PhD have similar characteristics, but an answer for one (I think) wouldn't usually help with the other.

In PhotoDirector, to do what you're asking about "lower thirds" you can go to Edit > Layers & do all sorts of things. If you're talking about the Slideshow part of PhD, it's pretty limited.

See quick example attached...

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jaroorda -

The difference is obvious in the screenshots you posted, but I think I must have missed something...

I downloaded your Demo project & used the Testvideo-1.m4v in a similar way, with the video duplicated on two tracks. Track 1 clip was resized in PiP Designer & Track 2 clip had Crop/Pan/Zoom applied. I left then at full screen height to make any flaws more clear.

Here's what it looks like in Preview.

Here's a VLC Player snapshot from the 2K produced version

Here's a VLC Player snapshot from the UHD produced version

Here are the two produced files: 2K version & UHD version

So, as far as I can tell, I think there's more to it than the difference between Resizing & using Crop/Zoom. What am I missing?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Cinos123 -

This might sound silly but I know nothing about video editing and I really need the assistance.

I'm not sure if you understand that this thing you'd like to do (replacing a head in an animation) is very complex. It does involve keyframing, just as your friend suggested.

I'd say it would be very challenging even for an experienced PDR user... even more so when you look at the speed & complexity of motion in the graphics. Take this one for example. EEK! Even a short sequence from something like that would involve hours/days of work.

Keyframing motion is creating a set of keyframes that "tell" an object (like a head) where/how to move and at what speed.

I'm not trying to put you off, but I do think it would be better to begin with a more simple challenge. e.g. start with one where the head of the character doesn't turn.

I'll try to put together a simple project to help get you started...

Cheers - Tony
First of all, Kes999, let me apologise. I had no idea your sight was impaired.

optodata - here, whether it's Title Designer or editing text in the preview screen the rotation tool is visible (screenshot below). That applies to both PDR19 & 365 Business.

Kes999 - I can only suggest typing your text in a bright coloured, large sized font then resizing & recolouring. I can certainly see how that would be a difficulty.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Kes999 -

Do you mean the rotation tool when you're editing a title in Title Designer?

If so, I don't think that just popped up after the last update... it's been part of PDR19's Title Designer since release. Earlier versions had a green handle (outside the text box).

It's part of the interface and cannot be removed. Really? It's caused you to make typos?

Sorry - can't help much.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Veepo -

Obviously, Shutterstock has Dewali related videos but they mustn't be part of the arrangement with CyberLink. Based on some of the pricing I've seen, you make need to befriend a wealthy benefactor!

I subscribe to both Digital Juice & StoryBlocks, both of which have Diwali related content. User pays. I can tell you that those two subsciptions together are w - a - y less than a basic Shutterstock one.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jim -

Yep - totally agree. Keyframing Blur & Gaussion Blur effects is totally clunky. It works nicely with NB Soft Focus.

I don't have the Blur Master plugin, but I do have Pixelan Blur Pro which can't be keyframed, it seems (greyed out).

Here's a packed project showing how I used the fades/transitions optodata suggested.

Cheers - Tony
Hi tVijayalakshmi123 -

Creating templates in most parts of PDR is easy. All you need to do is format your title, particle, PiP object etc, then Save As to make the template for future use.

PiP Objects/Video Overlays
Format in PiP Designer - Save As
Particles
Format in Particle Designer - Save As
Titles
Format in Title Designer - Save As
Video Collage
- configure in Video Collage Designer - Save As
- tutorial - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/pdr/17781623?category=ETC_DESIGNER_VIDEO_COLLAGE
Transitions
Format in Transition Designer - Save As
Magic Style
- see PDTemplate Zone (below)
Express Projects
- Godfrey's site - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates/ includes software for packing templates - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates/pdtemplatepacker/ and https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates/pdeasyexpress/
Disc Menus
Format menu in Menu Designer - Save As
Video Presets
- Make colour adjustments in ColorDirector - Save As Preset or LUT
Blending
- a little more complex but achievable - https://membership.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63476.page
Lens Profiles
- CL Lens Profile Generator - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/photodirector/lens?maker
- User Guide - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/MemberCreation/web/phd5/LensProfileGenerator_UserGuide.pdf

Cheers - Tony
I thought I'd put some Shutterstock music, video & photos (available in PDR365) through the Tess Ting process...

I chose a number of different themes & downloaded related music, video & photos... threw them together & uploaded to YouTube.

Theme: Action - Music: "Actionable"
Theme: Diving - Music: "Deep Dive"
Theme: Funny - Music: "Bohemian Comedy"
Theme: Lazy - Music: "Easy Bake Blues"
Theme: Success - Music: "Your Way to Success"
Theme: Nature - Music: "First Day of Spring"
Theme: Business - Music: "Business Meeting"
Theme: Drama - Music: "Drama Queen"
Theme: Flight - Music: "Edge of the Earth"

In total, I used the 9 music clips listed above, with 235 video clips & 198 photos.

After all that, I was disappointed to find that YouTube sent me not one single copyright notification. You'd think I'd have something to show for it. Nuffin' undecided

Based on that, it looks like the Shutterstock downloads aren't going to give you any copyright grief on YouTube.

Cheers - Tony
Background music thread continued at https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83531.page
I haven't looked at the SVRT issue, but the title colours problem is definitely confirmed here.

When standard colours are selected, there doesn't appear to be a problem, but when a custom colour is set optodata's findings are true.

I made a test project in PDR17, with two lots of multi-track titles. The first used a standard colour - RGB: 0, 128, 255 & the second used a custom colour - RGB: 90, 168, 231

Timeline & video snapshots showed consistent (but not perfect) colour from top row to bottom & left to right.

But EEK! When I opened the same project in PDR19, the preview screen indicated the issue straight away. Timeline & video snapshots showed a significant difference from top to bottom. In my test, the bottom most rows were rendered accurately, but the topmost rows weren't!

Table below shows RGB values of colours in the produced file:

Here's the packed project, including the MP4 rendered in PDR17.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Yousefz -

If you want to add your own custom Blend Effects, I think the simplest thing to do is drop them in your Downloaded BlendEffects folder found at C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded BlendEffects

That way, they won't be trashed with possible uninstall/reinstalls.

Edit: Oh - forgot to mention - the containing folders need to be renamed to "BlendEffectxxx", xxx being the folder number... 001, 002, 003 etc.

Cheers - Tony
Hi cassb -

You can do that, & you're on the right track. To get a 16fps profile, though, you need to manually edit the Profile.ini

1. Make a new custom profile called (say) "2K 16fps"

2. Select the options you want - you could select 15 as the frame rate - and save the profile.

3. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\UserConfigure to find your Profile.ini

4. Open it with Notepad

5. Where it says "<Frame Rate>15.000000", change it to "<Frame Rate>16.000000"

6. Save it and close.

7. Back in PDR, in the Produce module, select your 16fps profile and hit Start.

An example profile is attached, as is the MediaInfo report from the produced file.

Cheers - Tony
Hi mwhite1249 -

The simplest thing to do would be to split your talking head video at the points where you want to switch from masked PiP to full screen & back again.

Then just resize & mask the parts you want to be PiP.

An alternative approach would be to have duplicate copies of the talking head video on separate tracks. Resize & mask one & leave the other at full screen. Next, go through and split both talking head videos at the same points. Then just remove (leave gap) alternate sections of the talking head videos.

If you want the talking head video to zoom to full screen or back to the corner, that will take some keyframing in PiP Designer.

You could make your editing simpler by not using a mask, so all your resizing could be simply keyframed in PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: