Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title with solid color background
jimtall2343 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 11, 2014 11:59 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
I'm struggling to create a simple title block between photos and/or video that has a solid color background vs. a picture. Can someone explain how I create a title with colored text on a solid color background? If it makes a difference I'm using Power Director 12
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm struggling to create a simple title block between photos and/or video that has a solid color background vs. a picture. Can someone explain how I create a title with colored text on a solid color background? If it makes a difference I'm using Power Director 12

The solid color backgrounds (Color Boards) are on the Media Content Drop down.

Select the color board color you want, drag to a higher numbered video track than your video or image. (If you want the color board and title on top of your video or image). Otherwise put the Color board on the same track.
If you want to change the shape of the color board, select it, Click Modify. Uncheck Maintain aspect ratio, adjust to size.

Title Room (F7) choose a title template (Default), Drag to the Title track or a track higher numbered than your color board.
Select the title > Modify. In modify you can edit the title any way you wish. After editing the Title click save.

[Thumb - Color boards are here.png]
 Filename
Color boards are here.png
[Disk]
 Description
Where the Color boards are in PD 12
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
807 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2014 10:41

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jimtall2343 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the excellent description. I found the color board and was able to get the result that I was looking for. I was not able to save the title (with the color board I chose). I saved the title earlier with my text but it has a black background. Is there a way to save the title with a colored background?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to save the title with a colored background?

In Title Designer, you can insert a background then save that as a template - accessed in your title template library under Custom.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Title Template Background.png]
 Filename
Title Template Background.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
187 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
738 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2014 20:08

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jimtall2343 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help! This sounds easy enough but I'm unable to access the color boards in the "insert background" portion of the Title room. Is there a way to get to the color boards in the title room? I'm only finding the color boards in the "media room" under the media content button.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your help! This sounds easy enough but I'm unable to access the color boards in the "insert background" portion of the Title room. Is there a way to get to the color boards in the title room? I'm only finding the color boards in the "media room" under the media content button.

I believe that if you create a PNG 1920x1080 image in a Photo editor you can then use that for your background.

Attached are four different Blue color images.

I use Paint.net (free photo editor).

Filename
Blue png files.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Some Blue backgrounds.
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
425 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

tomballard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2015 00:16 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
My issue is creating a colored background for titles in Photo Director so they will stand out more from the photo. On a related question, why is it that when I ask questions about Photo Director, most of the answers pertain to Power DIrector?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Tom -

Wow - this thread is so old the answers above aren't necessary with recent versions of PDR.

It may be true that some elements of PDR & PhD have similar characteristics, but an answer for one (I think) wouldn't usually help with the other.

In PhotoDirector, to do what you're asking about "lower thirds" you can go to Edit > Layers & do all sorts of things. If you're talking about the Slideshow part of PhD, it's pretty limited.

See quick example attached...

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PhD Text.jpg]
 Filename
PhD Text.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
929 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote On a related question, why is it that when I ask questions about Photo Director, most of the answers pertain to Power DIrector?

This discussion is in the PowerDirector forum so you won't find any PhotoDirector answers here.
ynotfish
[Post New]
You won't find any PhotoDirector answers here

... unless someone came along and posted in the wrong forum embarassed
tomballard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote G'day Tom -

Wow - this thread is so old the answers above aren't necessary with recent versions of PDR.

It may be true that some elements of PDR & PhD have similar characteristics, but an answer for one (I think) wouldn't usually help with the other.

In PhotoDirector, to do what you're asking about "lower thirds" you can go to Edit > Layers & do all sorts of things. If you're talking about the Slideshow part of PhD, it's pretty limited.

See quick example attached...

Cheers - Tony

Tony:

Yes, that's it. A background to set off the letters,. Hopefully opacity can be adjusted.
I'll play with it. Thanks!
ynotfish
[Post New]
Opacity control - yes.

Maybe you should post future PhD questions in the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PhD Opacity Layer.jpg]
 Filename
PhD Opacity Layer.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
349 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

tomballard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Opacity control - yes.

Maybe you should post future PhD questions in the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Cheers - Tony

Yes, true, but I'm also referring to Cyberlink help and Youtube/Cyberlink. Type in PhotoDirector and get lots of answers for powerdirector.
t