Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Backing Up PowerDirector Ultimate 19?
Ryan Cantrell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 15:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Can anyone please advise.

Just before Christmas i purchased the Power Director 19 Ultimate lifetime digital edition. The software is great and i'm really enjoying using it.

The question i have is how do go i go about backing up the files so that i could install on a new machine or windows installation in the future?

Lets say for example my download link runs out and i need to install my back ups on a new machine, currently the only way is through the applIcation manager which downlaods and auto installs the software, i can't see anywhere on my system that contains downloaded files before having the option to install. Hope that makes sence.

I'm just concerend if in the future when my download links do exipre i wanted to be able to reinstall i need a back up to be able to install the software from fresh. Problem is i can't seem to find where to back up core files that would allow me to do that, only files i find on the c drive are the already installed files.

Can anyone advise please, really appreciated.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2021 17:23

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ryan -

All I do is save all the installer files on my PC, with an extra backup on an external hard drive.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ryan Cantrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ryan -

All I do is save all the installer files on my PC, with an extra backup on an external hard drive.

""""""""

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony, thank you for your quick reply, really apprecaited.

I couldn't find these files on my pc.

Do i access these files before installing? I went to Local Disk (c) > Documents but these files are not there. am i missing something? Do i need to find these files before installing, reason i ask, is once idownload apllication manager all i get is install option then it downloads and auto installs.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2021 09:51

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ryan -

I'm a little unclear...

Just before Christmas i purchased the Power Director 19 Ultimate lifetime digital edition.

Would that not mean that you downloaded the installer files directly to your PC?

Did you download the installer files through CL Application Manager? If so, they are downloaded to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\AppManager. After installation is complete, those installer files are deleted.

Please wait for confirmation on this becasue I don't know if it's accepted practice... what I do is open the Temp/AppManger folder during download, then (when it's complete) copy & paste it to a different file path (the installers folder shown in the screenshot above).

Other users may have a more efficient way of doing that.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ryan Cantrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ryan -

Did you download the installer files through CL Application Manager? If so, they are downloaded to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\AppManager. After installation is complete, those installer files are deleted.

Please wait for confirmation on this becasue I don't know if it's accepted practice... what I do is open the Temp/AppManger folder during download, then (when it's complete) copy & paste it to a different file path (the installers folder shown in the screenshot above).

Other users may have a more efficient way of doing that.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony, thanks to you i've figured out how to save these files.

I think what bothers me, is a majority of people who purchase the digtial lifetime edition that wouldn't know how to do this would end up not having a back up after their download link expires, leaving them without a copy of the software right?. if that's the case, then isn't that a little concerning to know you could end up not having a back up and not being able to redownload?

I download/save/install software all the time and couldn't work it out. You get a install window of about 10 seconds to copy and save a file. Jumping through hoops to save files

I sent two support tickets before Christmas asking how i make a back up of the files im still yet to get a reply. makes me wonder why its made so difficult. Correct me if im wrong in my thinking along the negitive lines.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2021 17:13