Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I remove stuff in the captions?
Kes999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2020 05:38 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
When I edit a caption, it always comes up with a circle and cross in the middle which obscures what I am typing in, especially when the text is centre justified. I often have to edit it again to remove a typo, because I couldnt see what I was typing in. Most annoying! So how do I get rid of it?? It occured on the last update I think. This is really bad interface design. Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you're editing the titles in the preview screen of the main timeline. Open up the title in Ttitle Designer instead. You'll also be able to access all the settings from there, whereas only a few are available on the timeline preview screen.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kes999 -

Do you mean the rotation tool when you're editing a title in Title Designer?

If so, I don't think that just popped up after the last update... it's been part of PDR19's Title Designer since release. Earlier versions had a green handle (outside the text box).

It's part of the interface and cannot be removed. Really? It's caused you to make typos?

Sorry - can't help much.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kes999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2020 05:38 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Kes999 -

Do you mean the rotation tool when you're editing a title in Title Designer?

If so, I don't think that just popped up after the last update... it's been part of PDR19's Title Designer since release. Earlier versions had a green handle (outside the text box).

It's part of the interface and cannot be removed. Really? It's caused you to make typos?

Sorry - can't help much.

Cheers - Tony

Yeah, when your partially blind, stuff that gets in the way makes it harder to pick out letters.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
In that case, do the opposite of what I suggested earlier and simply click on the text in the preview screen from the main timeline. Once you have the red text cursor, there are no symbols present to interfere:

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
First of all, Kes999, let me apologise. I had no idea your sight was impaired.

optodata - here, whether it's Title Designer or editing text in the preview screen the rotation tool is visible (screenshot below). That applies to both PDR19 & 365 Business.

Kes999 - I can only suggest typing your text in a bright coloured, large sized font then resizing & recolouring. I can certainly see how that would be a difficulty.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
[Post New]
Quote optodata - here, whether it's Title Designer or editing text in the preview screen the rotation tool is visible (screenshot below). That applies to both PDR19 & 365 Business.

Yes, that's the case if I click on the title frame, but a second click inside (on the characters) removes the overlaid symbol.

In the Title Designer, clear text is also accessible in the Selected object box:

So two different ways to type in unobstructed text. Another approach would be to type in the text in Notepad (or other any word-based app) and copy + paste the text into the Title Designer.