Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just loaded up PD to test a bit further; loaded up most recent project; green tick retention is now 'reversed'!!

Those on the timeline have green ticks
Those on the timeline and in a slideshow have lost their green ticks!
Expand the slideshow and back they come!

Completely opposite to yesterday! Very odd

I had started this project by loading all still images onto the timeline then using CLPV to stretch to 16:9; so both the images on the timeline and in the slideshows are 16:9

I will try some other things see if there is actually any pattern!
Possibly was a problem before; but noticed that when images included in the timeline the green tick appears; save and close and reload; all the green ticks are gone.

Put images in the timeline in a slideshow; green ticks for those images only re-appear!
Those on the timeline but not in a slideshow are still 'forgotten'
If you expand the slideshow again; green ticks disappear again!

Not a major problem but makes it slightly difficult when have selected images from a large batch and then stop half way through then try to pick it up again later.

Anyone else noted this?
PD 7 Deluxe 2429a

I have only noticed it on the 'highlight' slideshow setting so far; quite noticeable though.

I have seen mentions of later builds; though none available to download; anyone know if this problem has been resolved with these?

I assume that where users have 'roll backed' to previous builds any projects they started in 2429a won't load?

This may help;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uCegOSIBiaU

You can do it manually by clicking on the 'white line' in the audio track; you then get a 'dot' which you can pull up / down to suit - fading in and out with any number of 'dots' When you hover over a dot and it goes 'red' you can adjust it again

Trial and error!
I'm sure the first suggestion will be to get the latest PD build - currently 2429a; available from

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_en_US.html

Can't say if it will cure your particular problem but would be the first thing to try

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3975.page

JL answer (2nd to last post) may achieve what you want?

Hi; thanks for that; pointed me in the right direction!!

Found get an acceptable result if produce the footage as HQ DivX; then putting it in the PIP track with border in next PIP track; to reduce the size as you suggested.

I did experiment with producing as MPEG 2 with the intention of putting it on the PIP track but this was noticeably worse; with the aliasing visible even on computer.

Thanks again

I have converted some old VHS camcorder footage to digital via TV hard drive recorder. (connected VHS video player to HDD recorder; recorded onto hard drive; tested playback - OK; burnt onto DVD then imported onto computer and edited / cleaned up in PD7)

Burnt back onto DVD as completed project; play back on same TV; footage now noticeably worse (looks like an interlacing problem???) as the edges of 'straight' things get broken up; appears worse when the camera was panning across; settles down when objects moving across the camera.

I have tried altering the interlacing properties for the footage; no success

Any suggestions as to what this could be / ways round it??

(I have completed the editing of several hours of this footage so anything that did not involve starting again would be great!!! )

It looks OK on computer but suspect this is just because the image size is not big; so problem does not show up.

Go to;

Create Disc Menu

Create Disc Preferences (button on bottom row; mid / left hand side with 'spanner' and 3 horizontal lines on it)

Menu tab

User defined menu duration

Never used to work all the time but I think it has been fixed; most recent menu I did ran for 45 seconds which is what I set it for

Hope this helps
Place Video Clip on the timeline
Go to 'EFFECT ROOM' (second symbol down on upper left hand side)
Scroll down to 'ROTATE CANVAS'
Drag and drop effect onto video clip on timeline
Select 'EFFECT' from buttons which appear above timeline
Select how many degrees you want to rotate from the drop down menu
Press white cross to close effect options
When look in pre-view should be rotated

When I quickly tried it; rotated picture did not fill the frame; may have to produce it then put the produced clip in a PIP track to resize it?

Unless others have got a better solution??

Hope this helps

This one posted by JL.........not me......seems to meet your needs;

You might try this. I created a simple menu that has a main page of just the "Play All" and "Chapters" with a black backgound. The chapters page has 6 chapters (max allowed per page) and chapters highlight with a simple red checkmark. Nothing fancy. It is VERY important that when you define chapters in your video, your use a black chapter picture for every chapter. Do that by putting a black color board in your project and all chapters use this color slice as the picture. Also make sure that the "enable video thumbnail" is turned off. If you don't use a black color board for each chapter you will see that chapter thumbnail in the menu pages and my understanding is you dont want that. Keep in mind the black color board in the time line can be really small, like 10 hundreds of a second so you really don't know its there during playback. Just put one at the end of your project that all chapters use.

KISS (keep is simple sam) menu
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/5485
Not an answer but further question on same topic; if anyone has any info!

I have downloaded from the Director Zone - the DVD menu template 'Submarine Porthole' and this has a chapter page layout setting for 6 chapters per page.

I have not seen this on any other menus - any ideas how it was created? (the layout option; not the 6 chapters per page)

See attached

I think the only way may be by doing it manually - with a max of 6 'buttons' (I think) and laying the extra 2 out by hand (looks like they may introduce more options later as the layout menu has a slider)

Dafydd's video explains it;

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/165/dvd-menu-adding-buttons/

If I understand your question right; to get more chapters showing on one page;

Go to;

Create Disc - 'New' menu option
Select Go to - 'Chapter Page' (bottom middle menu selection) You don't get the next option unless you are on chapter page
Button Layout - options between 1 - 4

See attached

Hope this helps!
Glenn;

Have you got an old version - I had this problem with the first build I downloaded (1629) This has since been fixed with more recent builds which are available from the patches section of the member zone. Now up to 1915 which has fixed some other issues as well.

Should then work as described in the tutorial Dafydd produced.
Is it possible to easily put a coloured background behind text in the title designer - in the style of news report or similar; where reporters name appears on coloured background.

I have tried importing a black background but when try to stretch; it increases in size in both directions - forming a square rather than rectangle, which is no good.

I may be missing something obvious!
Donald;

What build version of PD7 are you using; when I reported this problem I was on a much earlier build; now on build 1915 (available from Cyberlink as a patch - see Roberts post dated 23.07 for link)

I don't have the problem anymore - or certainly not on any recent projects; though did up-grade graphics driver as a precaution

Hope the new build helps!

Pleased to say Cyberlink have produced a patch for this problem which has corrected both of the problems discussed above; I have tried it on the projects I had a problem with and also repeated some of the tests above; all now works as it should do

A small Zip file; (approx 2.3mb) the contents of which replace the PD exe file; assume available by request from Cyberlink support (I think the patch updates it to 1915; but this does not show within the programme)

Thanks Dafydd;

Glad to know it was not just me / my machine!

Will see what CL come back with; will be good to get back to some video editing!!
Hi Dafydd;

Will be interested to see how you get on!

I have now tried it on another (XP) based PC; exactly the same results (requested by CL tech support; they are saying they can't replicate on their 5 test platforms)

Attached is screen shot which shows the other odd results; (in this case Chroma key) where the test was carried out; all images went to cherry; saved and reloaded; all looks normal; then go to modify and am presented with the cherry again!

I did not say before - I set project aspect ratio to 16:9 at the start; which is why all the 4:3 images have to be modified with CLPV

Ed
Thanks Jeff; good to know not just me!

I have currently gone back to 1714 as I found the problem in 1829 made it unworkable.

I am currently awaiting further input from CL support; who have generally been good but they are apparently currently unable to replicate the problem themselves; so may make it difficult for them to help.

Are you on Vista or XP? I have an old XP PC which I may try 1829 on to see if it behaves any better.
Go to: