Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Jeff; good to know not just me!

I have currently gone back to 1714 as I found the problem in 1829 made it unworkable.

I am currently awaiting further input from CL support; who have generally been good but they are apparently currently unable to replicate the problem themselves; so may make it difficult for them to help.

Are you on Vista or XP? I have an old XP PC which I may try 1829 on to see if it behaves any better.
After!
Before and after.

CL tech support are currently saying they can't replicate the issue - anyone else seen it happen?
Added Observation to the above

When the PIP track images have been altered then saved / restarted and have reverted to their correct appearance on the track; if you go to modify them e.g. for chroma key / motion; the image you are given to alter is the 'wrong' image - which can make chroma key work confusing!

This is despite the correct image being shown on the timeline and in the preview window.
Carried out some short tests - if anyone can replicate with build 1829 would be useful to know if just me / my setup or if it is the programme!

Test 1

5 Cherry.jpg in the timeline
Flower jpg & Lily jpg in PIP track 1
Use CLPV to stretch any of the Cherry.jpg to 16.9
Cherry.jpg appears on Flower & Lily (both in the PIP track and on the preview screen)
Flower & Lily both still show original file name though image is Cherry

Test 2

Open all 6 PIP tracks
Introduce Flower; Lily; Tulip; Windmill; Flower; Lily (one in each PIP track)
Cherry.jpg appears on Flower; Lily; Tulip; Windmill; Flower; Lily
(both in the PIP track and on the preview screen)

Test 3

Introduce Aquariam.mpg into the timeline
Use CLPV to stretch Aquariam.mpg to 16.9
No effect on items in PIP track

Test 4

Introduce Aquariam.mpg into PIP track 1
Flower & Lily in PIP 2 & 3
Aquariam.mpg becomes Cherry.jpg
File name still retained

In tests 1, 2 & 3; when saved and restarted PD7; images had all corrected themselves

In test 4; when saved and restarted; only the Aquariam.mpg had corrected itself; the jpgs now stayed as cherries (though still retain their original file names)

Test 5

Aquariam.mpg in full in PIP 1
Flower.jpg in PIP 2
Tulip.jpg in PIP 3 then replaced by Aquariam.mpg so duration is that of the jpg, not the full mpg.
All PIP tracks become Cherry
Save & restart
All PIP tracks have corrected themselves

Test 6

As above set up
Use CLPV to stretch any of the Cherry.jpg to 16.9 BUT APPLY TO ALL IMAGES
No change to PIP tracks - all looks like retained OK
But when preview images; though timeline is correct; the cherry is displayed (though with the music from Aquariam.mpg)
Even when saved and restarted

REINSTALLED POWER DIRECTOR

Repeated Test 1 - as previous

Repeated Test 4 - as previous BUT when saved & restarted had reverted to correct image

Repeated Test 6 - all worked OK & when saved & restarted had retained the correct image

It would appear that problem is with individual changes to individual images; if applied to all it works as designed to.
Appears that if you save and restart PD everything will be corrected; as the system is still looking for the correct file names
Also some oddities which don't fit any pattern!
Having had a problem with the CLPV alterations on jpg images not being retained with build 1714; was given link to build 1829

Initial testing of the CLPV function revealed an odd problem; though the changes are now retained; the image being changed now ends up replacing images / objects in the PIP tracks. Obviously possible to just reinsert the PIP image / object but if you have made any motion changes etc these have to be set up again.

Seem to have swapped one problem for another!

Will carry out some more tests and report if there is a pattern to the problem; as the above was experienced re-editing an old project; have not tried a new one from scratch yet.
Yes; always seems to revert to 'letterbox' format for jpg images

Seems to retain it for video clips though? I tried it with video from non wide-screen source and it retains the CLPV alteration.

Problem appears to be only with still images.

Was interested to see this feature as had not realised it existed!!
Ok Thanks; will see what the next build brings!

Will try the other suggestions as well in the meantime.

Thanks for your help
Is it possible to change the duration that photos appear on screen in the automatic slideshow feature.

Produces some impressive & easy results but would be good to alter the duration that photos appear for as all the pre-set ones seem quite fast.

Also; are there any other slideshow templates in existance / coming in the future that anyone knows about?

I was advised 2 fresh processes by Cyberlink Customer support

Install Microsoft cleanup tool and remove PowerDirector listing

Remove PD folder & clean up registry; which I had done before; but with hidden files shown which I had not.

Found file date 18.05 which is when I had started having problems which was still hidden in the system

Not sure which of the above processes did the trick but all up and running on 1714 now

Cyberlink Support are very good; with prompt response and good advice :
Hi Robert;

Thanks for your response.

I am installing as the Adminstrator (in fact the only account on the computer as I am the only user) I did just check through the control panel to be sure. Was not sure from your reply if that was good or bad! Could you confirm please!

I have sent the same information to Cyberlink Customer Support; a direct contact who Dafydd got to contact me when I was having problems downloading the file; though it now looks like some of the problems I was experiencing are to do with this particular system.

Regards

Ed
I had a number of problems downloading PD7 build 1714 so was sent a CD with it on by Cyberlink support, who have been very helpful.

Having tried to install it on my Acer laptop / Windows Vista I got the following two error messages (see below) basically at the start of the installation process. It had unpacked etc and asked which region / language then started the installation process but the errors appear before any progress on the progress bar. I have seen these error messages previously with PD7 files I had downloaded from Cyberlink.

However; tried the same disc in an old Pentium 4 with XP and it worked fine; installs and runs with no problem. This computer had never had any version of PD on it before; which may have some relevance as I have found it never uninstalls well??

Has anyone found it installs with XP but has had a problem with Vista? (note build 1628 installs & runs fine on my Vista laptop)

Any suggestions gratefully received; I have sent the same information to Cyberlink support so will await to hear from them as well.

Don't seem to be able to post with attachments so this is the content of the error messages

Powerdirector Error
Error 1334. The file
'_95472C78B1A2243D9FB3A23A7DB8BC65'
cannot be installed because the file
cannot be found in cabinet file
'Data1.cab' This could indicate a
network error, an error reading from the
CD Rom or a problem with this package.

Press 'OK' to get rid of this; followed by;

Feature Transfer Error
Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm)
or MSDN for more information

Press 'OK' the installation program quits

I have looked up the two
error codes on the internet and both
appear to be registry errors?
OK Thanks
The options that they give you are totally random - the three options in the particular one I looked at where

1) Very distant shot which could not make any detail out
2) A section of video with the titles half appearing on the screen; so not a complete title
3) Another random still which did not represent the subject of the film well

Ideally I wanted a still from the title sequence which illustrates well what the film is about
Hi; thanks;

I have seen that; it still appears to be a 'random' selection - for example some mid point of text appearing on bits which have titles etc; it would be good to actually be able to nominate a frame or still?
Is it possible to select which part of a film is used as the title shot 'still' when displayed on YouTube etc - seems to be fairly random - would be good to be able to choose something which represents the film!
That works; thanks!

Still a shame it could not be done on one track

Thanks for the additional info; Dafydd; some good stuff there
Is it possible to to merge two music tracks to make one long track?

for example if the length of the video is longer than the background music track is it possible to merge the two copies of the same music track on the timeline so there is a fairly seamless transition between the two, sounding like one long track?

(On Windows Movie Maker it is possible by just pushing the two tracks together and a crossover fade is automatically created, with a bit of adjusting a pretty good result could be achieved)
Has anyone encountered the above when burning to disc / or know what the error code indicates?

I think burning had got about 50% though was not actually watching.

I re-started PowerDirector and tried again with the same project; previous disc had enough on it to be unusable but fresh disc resulted in a succesful burn

A dodgy disc perhaps?

I use ones from Tesco - DVD+R 8x 4.7gb; usually OK when I have used them previously with PowerProducer v3.
I had the same error trying to instal PD7 1714

When attempting to install the new
download; get the following;

Powerdirector Error
Error 1334. The file
'_95472C78B1A2243D9FB3A23A7DB8BC65'
cannot be installed because the file
cannot be found in cabinet file
'Data1.cab' This could indicate a
network error, an error reading from the
CD Rom or a problem with this package.

Press 'OK' to get rid of this; followed by;

Feature Transfer Error
Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm)
or MSDN for more information

Press 'OK' the installation program quits
Hi; thanks for the advice; re-installation certainly worked; however see my post in 'PowerDirector crashes when altering DVD menus'

I have not been able to install 1714; though have managed to re-install 1628 with PhotoNow working; so an improvement.

I have been in contact with Cyberlink about the 1714 download; at one stage I was starting to think was a system problem but as 1628 installed OK think it must be a problem with their 1714 files; or at least the ones I have been linked to? Will see what they say.

Though 1714 is obviously working for some people?
Go to: