Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are the menu templates?
[Post New]
I thought someone from Cyberlink uploaded some "sample" menu templates and instructions on how to install them but I can't seem to find them now. Any ideas where they are?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Do mean the ones in the Director Zone?

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
Quote: Do mean the ones in the Director Zone?
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/

No, someone from CyberLink or someone in the CyberLink forum. I think I must have been delusional; in the 9th hour of editing a menu and searching in the forum for help.

Actually, I was looking for a down and dirty, very simple menu without all the whistles and bells, particularly no motion video thumbnails, just text links. I'm trying to get a menu down to a smaller size to fit it and some videos on one single sided DVD. The DVD I'm trying to make is running just over the 4700MB limit even though I have Smart Fit turned on.
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]

This one posted by JL.........not me......seems to meet your needs;

You might try this. I created a simple menu that has a main page of just the "Play All" and "Chapters" with a black backgound. The chapters page has 6 chapters (max allowed per page) and chapters highlight with a simple red checkmark. Nothing fancy. It is VERY important that when you define chapters in your video, your use a black chapter picture for every chapter. Do that by putting a black color board in your project and all chapters use this color slice as the picture. Also make sure that the "enable video thumbnail" is turned off. If you don't use a black color board for each chapter you will see that chapter thumbnail in the menu pages and my understanding is you dont want that. Keep in mind the black color board in the time line can be really small, like 10 hundreds of a second so you really don't know its there during playback. Just put one at the end of your project that all chapters use.

KISS (keep is simple sam) menu
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/5485
Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
[Post New]
Amazing! One would think that if "enable video thumbnails" is turned off (unchecked), it would not play the video thumbnails in the menu.

How do I time out the menu when I click "Play"? the menu shows up in the background after the video starts for a few seconds.