Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Build 1829 - Problem with PIP track images being replaced
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Having had a problem with the CLPV alterations on jpg images not being retained with build 1714; was given link to build 1829

Initial testing of the CLPV function revealed an odd problem; though the changes are now retained; the image being changed now ends up replacing images / objects in the PIP tracks. Obviously possible to just reinsert the PIP image / object but if you have made any motion changes etc these have to be set up again.

Seem to have swapped one problem for another!

Will carry out some more tests and report if there is a pattern to the problem; as the above was experienced re-editing an old project; have not tried a new one from scratch yet. Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Ploof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2007 11:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

How or where did you get a link to build 1829, and could you share this info.
I have had problems with 'Create disc" error and have been waiting for a new release to see if this helps.

Thanks

Matt
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Matt,

New purchasers of Power Director are receiving build 1829, at this stage it is not known whether a patch will be released or a complete new build will be required by existing PD7 users.

Follow the instructions given by Dafydd

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3344.page

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Carried out some short tests - if anyone can replicate with build 1829 would be useful to know if just me / my setup or if it is the programme!

Test 1

5 Cherry.jpg in the timeline
Flower jpg & Lily jpg in PIP track 1
Use CLPV to stretch any of the Cherry.jpg to 16.9
Cherry.jpg appears on Flower & Lily (both in the PIP track and on the preview screen)
Flower & Lily both still show original file name though image is Cherry

Test 2

Open all 6 PIP tracks
Introduce Flower; Lily; Tulip; Windmill; Flower; Lily (one in each PIP track)
Cherry.jpg appears on Flower; Lily; Tulip; Windmill; Flower; Lily
(both in the PIP track and on the preview screen)

Test 3

Introduce Aquariam.mpg into the timeline
Use CLPV to stretch Aquariam.mpg to 16.9
No effect on items in PIP track

Test 4

Introduce Aquariam.mpg into PIP track 1
Flower & Lily in PIP 2 & 3
Aquariam.mpg becomes Cherry.jpg
File name still retained

In tests 1, 2 & 3; when saved and restarted PD7; images had all corrected themselves

In test 4; when saved and restarted; only the Aquariam.mpg had corrected itself; the jpgs now stayed as cherries (though still retain their original file names)

Test 5

Aquariam.mpg in full in PIP 1
Flower.jpg in PIP 2
Tulip.jpg in PIP 3 then replaced by Aquariam.mpg so duration is that of the jpg, not the full mpg.
All PIP tracks become Cherry
Save & restart
All PIP tracks have corrected themselves

Test 6

As above set up
Use CLPV to stretch any of the Cherry.jpg to 16.9 BUT APPLY TO ALL IMAGES
No change to PIP tracks - all looks like retained OK
But when preview images; though timeline is correct; the cherry is displayed (though with the music from Aquariam.mpg)
Even when saved and restarted

REINSTALLED POWER DIRECTOR

Repeated Test 1 - as previous

Repeated Test 4 - as previous BUT when saved & restarted had reverted to correct image

Repeated Test 6 - all worked OK & when saved & restarted had retained the correct image

It would appear that problem is with individual changes to individual images; if applied to all it works as designed to.
Appears that if you save and restart PD everything will be corrected; as the system is still looking for the correct file names
Also some oddities which don't fit any pattern! Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Added Observation to the above

When the PIP track images have been altered then saved / restarted and have reverted to their correct appearance on the track; if you go to modify them e.g. for chroma key / motion; the image you are given to alter is the 'wrong' image - which can make chroma key work confusing!

This is despite the correct image being shown on the timeline and in the preview window. Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Before and after.

CL tech support are currently saying they can't replicate the issue - anyone else seen it happen?
[Thumb - PIP Track small Before.PNG]
 Filename
PIP Track small Before.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Before CLPV alteration
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
334 time(s)
Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
After!
[Thumb - PIP Track small After.PNG]
 Filename
PIP Track small After.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
After
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
343 time(s)
Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I repeated your test 1 and it does exactly what you said.

I was having issues with mpg files in the PIP tracks turning to static jpg images and loss of sound and motion. When this change happens, if you look at the properties of the clip in the PIP track it has garbled information as shown below. Aquarium.mpg is in the PIP 1 track but it says it is a BMP file.

File path: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\SampleClips\ntsc\Aquarium.mpg
File type: BMP
File size: 524.94 KB
Created by: 2004/12/27 01:55 PM

I also have major issues if you open a PD7 v1714 pds file that had subtitles in it with PD7 v1829. My subtitles end up in the PIP track somehow and can't be deleted. All title blocks are missing in the title track but do play in movie mode. If you try to add a new title block you get "operation failed". I had to reload PD7 v1714 on another computer, pack my project, remove the subtitles, and then repack and bring it back to the v1829 computer.

The images do retain the CLPV alterations now but major other snafu's appear to be introduced for me.

Jeff
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff; good to know not just me!

I have currently gone back to 1714 as I found the problem in 1829 made it unworkable.

I am currently awaiting further input from CL support; who have generally been good but they are apparently currently unable to replicate the problem themselves; so may make it difficult for them to help.

Are you on Vista or XP? I have an old XP PC which I may try 1829 on to see if it behaves any better. Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ed,

I will go through your post (test) tomorrow.... had an ISP issue all day. Just wanted to let you know... I will also have a go. I see Jeff has tested and got a similar result.

Dafydd
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd;

Will be interested to see how you get on!

I have now tried it on another (XP) based PC; exactly the same results (requested by CL tech support; they are saying they can't replicate on their 5 test platforms)

Attached is screen shot which shows the other odd results; (in this case Chroma key) where the test was carried out; all images went to cherry; saved and reloaded; all looks normal; then go to modify and am presented with the cherry again!

I did not say before - I set project aspect ratio to 16:9 at the start; which is why all the 4:3 images have to be modified with CLPV

Ed
[Thumb - PD v 7 1829 small.JPG]
 Filename
PD v 7 1829 small.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Chroma Key Screen
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
342 time(s)
Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ed,

I have just carried out Test 2 - and I made a video of it etc.

1. CLPV/16:9 when applied to all cherry.jpg - no problem - displayed correctly.
2. CLPV/16:9 when applied to the first cherry.jpg - all the Pip displayed as the cherry image
3. When the project is saved and then reopened after closing PD7 down the whole lot of images displayed correctly.

My video and a reference back to your forum page will be sent with comments to the Head of RD/PD at CyberLink.

Without looking at any of the rest of the findings... Ed, you have really found at least one bug and I'm sure your "bug hunting" is going to reveal more. I am very surprised that this hasn't been confirmed at CL end.

Well done Ed and thank you JL for confirming everything.

Dafydd
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd;

Glad to know it was not just me / my machine!

Will see what CL come back with; will be good to get back to some video editing!! Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Added Observation to the above

When the PIP track images have been altered then saved / restarted and have reverted to their correct appearance on the track; if you go to modify them e.g. for chroma key / motion; the image you are given to alter is the 'wrong' image - which can make chroma key work confusing!

This is despite the correct image being shown on the timeline and in the preview window.

I confirm your observations Ed.

Video and information on Chrome/display sent to CyberLink.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

Champion Bug Hunter July 2008 - I think Jeff was June 2008. I think we'll have to have you pose for the Bug Hunters Calender as you've both been very good at locating and isolating BUGS.

I have referred specifically Test 2 and that's been confirmed by CyberLink. I have referred all what you have posted Ed for RD to investigate and to seek out. I might need to chat with you any they or I don't specifically comfirm.

Thank you Ed for the well written, well presented issues you have found and raised.

I've sent you an email on a separate matter - I look forward to your reply.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 10. 2008 10:19

Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Pleased to say Cyberlink have produced a patch for this problem which has corrected both of the problems discussed above; I have tried it on the projects I had a problem with and also repeated some of the tests above; all now works as it should do

A small Zip file; (approx 2.3mb) the contents of which replace the PD exe file; assume available by request from Cyberlink support (I think the patch updates it to 1915; but this does not show within the programme)

Director Suite 365
24GB Memory