Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here's my test of the Slideshow 'stutter' problem
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a video I did which has the slideshow stutter problem. Its gets jerky in places. It was created using the slideshow 'motion' feature'. The jerkiness also shows in the preview window, so its not a factor of the rendering process. This is the PD7 2429a release.

It adds a camera shake effect in every photo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kI6iKSFshA

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2009 19:19

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
After looking at your video I can confirm that I also have the same problem. However, in my case I did not notice this in the preview window, but it is obvious in my final DVD. This did not happen prior to version 2429a. I tried playing my DVD in two different players and the problem persists. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: After looking at your video I can confirm that I also have the same problem. However, in my case I did not notice this in the preview window, but it is obvious in my final DVD. This did not happen prior to version 2429a. I tried playing my DVD in two different players and the problem persists.

Same here. I burned a DVD, started watching it, and its way noticeable on a bigger screen. I thought I used it before with good results, so I agree its a 2429a problem. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Cheryl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2009 11:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have had the same problem with motion and slide show motion on the 2429a, except in the preview window everything looks fine. It's just when it's burned to disc you see it on the big screen and it is shaky!
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 27, 2009 07:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just got PowerDirector 7 build 2429a, tried a slideshow with magic motion, and I have the same thing--incredibly jerky pictures. Is there a solution for this?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

Here's a link to another thread on this subject if you haven't seen it yet.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5401.page

It appears that some have found that rolling back to an earlier build has been a successful work around to this problem. I am not sure just how one goes about rolling back, but perhaps OnTheWeb or RobertJ/OZ or our moderator will respond and report on how this can be done. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
To roll back to an earlier version one needs to have saved the old patches you downloaded. Simply reinstall PD7 per the guidelines and only patch to 2227c. I don't know of an automated method in PD7 to rollback. It's really just up to the end user. I know several users that have gone back to 2227c because of issues with 2429a.

For your info I had filed a bug report on this issue (stutter, hickups, jerky motion for magic motion and motion slideshow) when I noticed it on Jan 11th.

Jeff

Billy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 27, 2009 15:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I get it too.
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
PD 7 Deluxe 2429a

I have only noticed it on the 'highlight' slideshow setting so far; quite noticeable though.

I have seen mentions of later builds; though none available to download; anyone know if this problem has been resolved with these?

I assume that where users have 'roll backed' to previous builds any projects they started in 2429a won't load?

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)