Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have started to experience a slightly random burning issue.

Recently completed project built up of a number of smaller 'mini' projects then put together in one master project for burning

Burn runs through completely successfully

When played in DVD player reaches a random point playing fine then reverts to the main menu.

3 different attempts = 3 different points where the error occurred; between minute or so in right up to nearly the end.

Have tried producing the whole project into one file then burning; same result

However; rewritable disc worked OK

Discs are Sony DVD+R which have used successfully before; same batch
Computer / burner is the same
DVD player is the same
Working method is the same

Only thing that's changed is the PD version number?

Anyone any thoughts / logical tests to carry out to try and narrow the problem down?

Hi Greg;

Split it at the point where the 'good' bit ends; then select the other portion so has blue border round it then delete it.

Produce whats left as a separate file in whatever format you choose

Hope that helps

Ed
Hi Dafydd;

Tried re-install and that did not make a difference so assumed it must be a problem with one of the clips.

Tried with one of the sample clips and worked OK

So rendered each of the (4) mini projects and put them back into a new project

Just completed a successful burn! Strange that the clips appeared to cause a problem with the menus?

There were some mp4's which I had not used before, might have been part of the problem as some of them did not seem to behave very well when editing (lot of picture lag in preview playback and reluctance to render) I had to go back to the source file and convert to avi before they would render in PD.

Thanks

Ed
Hi Tony;

When you were playing your clip were you in CLIP or MOVIE mode on the pre-view window? (buttons under the pre-view window) You need to be in MOVIE mode to see everything together.

PIP 1 is greyed out as it is always available

There is no need to render the main track before adding PIP

First time experienced a problem in a while!

Go to burn project
Gets to 1% then attached screen appears
Select close programme
2nd screen appears

Anyone else seen this?

Have not tried re-install at the moment (no time) but interested to see if anyone else seen this error

Def would like to see this!!

Would be saving a lot of time at the moment on current project if could drag from the VT to PIP tracks

Specifically move elements of one long bit of footage which has been split into sections out of the VT into the PIP rather than having to produce little sections then bring them back into the project again

Happy Christmas & New Year to everyone!

OK thanks - that looks like the one!

Tried it on a few clips - difference more obvious on some than others; will try it in more depth later
'Video Upscaling Technology: PowerDirector boosts standard definition video to HD-like results, allowing users to enjoy their content on high-resolution displays in color-rich quality.'

Does anyone know how this is achieved? Is it a combination of various enhancements or is there a specific tool / process??

I may be missing something obvious!

I only film in standard definition (don't think computer would like HD) but would be nice to produce a high definition type result for the HD ready TV!
When I upgraded I went for the retail version as I had originally purchased PD7; I assume the other option is for people who are up-grading from versions that came pre-installed on computers or with other equipment (cameras / dvd burners etc) i.e. they never actually paid for it as it came included with something else

Anyone else confirm if this is correct?

New DVD menu system far better than PD7; have successfully done small projects with multiple layers (e.g. 3 project files each with own chapters; returning to menu after playing each section)

Initially tried some larger projects - 2330 mb approx on disc; caused PD 8 to crash

MotionMenuGeneratior Application has stopped working etc

at 1%; then freezes PD 8 up

Anyone else found this?

This lead to trying smaller projects - approx 300 mb; which worked fine

Disc burning does seem to take a long time though?
First impressions for me!

Pleased to see

Dual display; though not something I had ever thought of needing; now it's there great to be able to review on a larger screen (as a laptop user being able to plug a larger spare monitor in for preview is great!)

DVD menu structure - return to menu after playing title; multiple projects on one disc etc. More sophisticated disc menus

Copy & paste timeline - great timesaver!!

Extra pip & audio tracks; had started to find situations where PD7 was limited in this area

Custom slide shows; though would have been nice to see more options; great to be able to control what happens more (anyone tried the 3D show variations on PD8 - from SMWOV Extras?; or do they only work on PD7?)

Definable screen / work area - never worked in PD7!

Power tools - reverse & crop video should be great for added creativity

Sure there will be other advantages to find as work way through the program!

A few crashes so far; especially with the disc module (see separate post) but just in the process of defrag / clean etc to see if that helps

Overall; impressed and worth the up grade; will see how we go over the next few weeks!

Resolved by using 'Free Download Manager' as advised by 'On the Web' in the other thread; it seemed to cope just fine and very quick as well; 10 mins at most to download

Successfully downloaded and happily playing!!

(This was from the link provided by customer support NOT the Digital River download link; not much content i.e. menus so may still need to get the content pack!)

Reply with new download link in half hour approx - pretty good response time

Problem with new link tho;

Will not go past the authentication screen from the new link

I have tried re-entering the passwords etc; constantly waiting for isales.gocyberlink.com
Had the same problem as you Andrew; awaiting response from Support; did they come back to you quite quickly?

MediaShow Espresso downloaded really quickly & easily
I copy them from the camcorder to the PC using the software that came with it (another Cyberlink programme; PowerCinema NE for Enviro) then edit them from there; never tried importing from the camcorder directly. My JVC records onto SD card.

PD works best with the files in a fixed location on your hard drive

I can't imagine the trial version would be that different from the full version on a significant thing like file compatibility?

Hope you get it sorted! It is a good programme
I have been using PD 7 & MOD files (standard def) without any problems at all; import well and don't seem to cause any problems with PD

Actually seems to work better than the AVI files from a previous camera (faster anyway)

Not much help with your problem I know but def. possible to use MOD files directly

Have you tried the usual remove & re-install?

Camera I'm using is JVC Enverio S GZ-MS100BEK

This problem is still occurring; only way round appears to be to produce the file then set it up again in a new project. I had never had this problem previously.

Indicates that perhaps the problem is occurring because of some of the content; as it burns fine when all the material is one file. As far as I can see there is no common material between the two projects. One was about 11 mins long; this one is about 1 hour total

Tried looking up the error on the net; seems to occur in other applications relating to memory / storage space?

Have used CCleaner & Defraggler to clean up hard drive

Will try some small 'test' projects when I have a moment to see if fault occurs or if others can replicate.
Thanks; I will try that as well; got round it in the meantime by producing whole project then inserting into new PD project and adding chapters again then burned OK - once so far!!

See attached

At 21% this burn failure occurs on a project I have previously burnt successfully (to a DVD RW) now I am trying to burn it to DVD R disc for distribution.

Occurs both trying to burn to disc and to folder - folder has nothing in it when error occurs; and discs do not look like have anything on them

I will see if can work round it but good to know if anyone has come across it and overcome it!

Carried out Jeffs sequence;

Test 1

Happens as Jeff says

Test 2

Happens as Jeff says

Save and re-load - situation stays the same

HOWEVER

Test 1

Save & reload

1st time tried re-load

Ticks have re-appeared
Expand slides - ticks go
Put back into slideshow - ticks re-appear

2nd time tried reload

Bearing in mind last time saved it ticks are present

Ticks have gone again
Expand slideshow - ticks re-appear
BUT interesting - CLPV alterations have been lost
Re-apply CLPV & slideshow - ticks disappear as soon as you select finish then OK for 'all images merging'

Just loaded up PD to test a bit further; loaded up most recent project; green tick retention is now 'reversed'!!

Those on the timeline have green ticks
Those on the timeline and in a slideshow have lost their green ticks!
Expand the slideshow and back they come!

Completely opposite to yesterday! Very odd

I had started this project by loading all still images onto the timeline then using CLPV to stretch to 16:9; so both the images on the timeline and in the slideshows are 16:9

I will try some other things see if there is actually any pattern!
Go to: