Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Template with multiple options for "buttons per page"
DanN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2008 18:47 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PD7.

I see that many of the default templates on the "Create Disc" page have more than one option for "Buttons per page." When I create my own menus, however, I'm only seeing a set # of buttons that I can use when editing the Chapters.

I know I can add buttons, allowing me to have more than the one that is defaulted, but I don't know how to make my template have more than one option that will show on the "buttons per page." section of the Create Disc area of PD.

I'd like to create a custom template that supports 2, 3, or 4 buttons per page. Any insight you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
If I understand your question right; to get more chapters showing on one page;

Go to;

Create Disc - 'New' menu option
Select Go to - 'Chapter Page' (bottom middle menu selection) You don't get the next option unless you are on chapter page
Button Layout - options between 1 - 4

See attached

Hope this helps!
 Filename
menu.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2008 12:57

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
DanN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I did create a new Menu, visited the Chapter Page, but I only have one option under "Button Layout," and it's the one that has 4 buttons. I believe that option is available because I started with the "one button" option and added three more.

In your example, how would you add a fifth layout option, say a 5-button chapter page to the 4 options that are already available?

Sorry if this should be obvious to me.
Dan
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
I think the only way may be by doing it manually - with a max of 6 'buttons' (I think) and laying the extra 2 out by hand (looks like they may introduce more options later as the layout menu has a slider)

Dafydd's video explains it;

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/165/dvd-menu-adding-buttons/

Filename
Buttonsa.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2008 15:22

Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
DanN [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have seen the video. It's a good one.

I did create a new menu, just now, and see the multiple "buttons per page" layouts that are present in the menu.

Somehow, I ended up creating a menu and only having one layout available (see attached file). I'm not sure how that happened, but perhaps I'll just start with a new menu, although it would be nice to add or delete layout opptions and not simply edit the ones already present.

Thanks for the information.
 Filename
Only one layout - not what I want.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
This template is one I created and it only has one layout option available. This started as having a layout that showed 1 chapter, and I added (as in Dafydd's video" three more and changed the layout. I'd like it to be more like the OTHER image.
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
 Filename
Multiple Layout Menu - what I want.png
[Disk]
 Description
This is a template with more than one layout option... this is what I'd like to turn mine into.
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not an answer but further question on same topic; if anyone has any info!

I have downloaded from the Director Zone - the DVD menu template 'Submarine Porthole' and this has a chapter page layout setting for 6 chapters per page.

I have not seen this on any other menus - any ideas how it was created? (the layout option; not the 6 chapters per page)

See attached

Filename
Submarine Porthole.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
[Post New]
Quote: If I understand your question right; to get more chapters showing on one page;

Go to;

Create Disc - 'New' menu option
Select Go to - 'Chapter Page' (bottom middle menu selection) You don't get the next option unless you are on chapter page
Button Layout - options between 1 - 4

See attached

Hope this helps!

"The requested file could not be found. It probably was deleted. Click here to go back to the topic."