Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Arrell -

I don't have a Gear360 camera, but I do have Cyberlink Gear360 ActionDirector installed on my PC (2423 update patch).

Using this unstitched sample clip straight off the SD card, it imported & stitched correctly then produced without issue to both H.265 & H.264. Here's the produced file.

What result do you get using the same clip?

Would it be possible to upload your clip(s) to a shared file site for testing?

Cheers - Tony
If you switch your project aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, you'll get the options shown in my screenshot... or do you really want to produce to 4:3?

Cheers - Tony
I would produce to AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080 @ 16Mbps. That way you can:

1. play back on your laptop (even though you won't be seeing it at Full HD

2. view it directly on Full HD TV (USB)

3. burn to Blu-Ray

The attached screenshot shows the produce selection.

Cheers - Tony
Hi DallasDude -

I wouldn't be launching into panic mode just yet. As far as I can see, Facebook is still working out the finer details of this feature (adding a cover video to a Facebook page).

Plenty of discussion here & elsewhere. I haven't been able to find any reference to it in FB's help files, but I have worked out that the resolution is 820x312, which is (kinda) like 2x 4:3 videos side-by-side with a bit extra on the bottom.

I'm not sure that PDR would be able to do that, but I haven't tried.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Krut -

The image in your screenshot is a portrait shot - 2988x5312. Assuming that many of your photos are in landscape mode - 5312x2988, tomasc's suggestion is good.

Don't use AVI. Use AVC H.264 MP4. The resolution you choose for production depends on what you're viewing the slideshow on. UHD monitor or TV - select 3840x2160. Full HD monitor or TV - select 1920x1080. One of the standard profiles will meet your needs.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Playhead -

It looks like you're talking about Freeform keyframes, so you can reshape videos/images to match any quadrilateral space. Yes, you can do that in PDR.

In PiP Designer, just uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio" and hover over a corner handle till it switches to the freeform tool. See the attached screenshot also.

You can see it used right here - https://youtu.be/prM840dAbXM?t=5m41s

Cheers - Tony
Hi gskywalkers -

That .dlp file is a downloader. If you double click on it or right click > Open with - Effect Extractor (the app that extracts & installs DZ templates) it will download the project so you can use it.

If it's not a project, but a video file, you can only download it (not view it in the cloud).

Cheers - Tony
Maybe I'm missing something (not being any kind of expert on Cyrillic languages).

What I did was:

1. type the text in Notepad or Word with a return after each subtitle

2. set the subtitle positions & durations in a PDR project

3. copy each line of text & paste it into the subtitles

4. format the subtitles using an appropriate font - Apply to All

There's a small packed project attached as an example, including the Notepad text file, the exported .SRT file, & the font used in the project.

It looks right to me (?)

Cheers - Tony
Hi Oren -

I made a little sampler using every available Theme Designer template, with a view to checking out which templates exhibited similar "jumpiness".

It's trye that YouTube isn't the best way to assess, but it does show which templates are more prone to jerky motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clcn2LyYuRQ

Cheers - Tony
Hi PIP68 -

I just tried a font called Anonymous Pro from here & it seemed to work fine with this Bulgarian text in subtitles:

Всички хора се раждат свободни и равни по достойнство и права. Tе са надарени с разум и съвест и следва да се отнасят помежду си в дух на братство.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again Oren -

I was barking up the wrong tree completely in my previous post (even though the PQ mismatch could be an issue for some).

Having now tested the TD templates you've used, I think I see what you mean when you say "They look jumpy". I see the same thing here, even in a 1920x1080 MP4 & 25Mbps produced file.

I don't think the judders are generated by the transitions, but rather the motion that's applied in some of the templates... e.g. when panning across pages in "Notebook" & "Discovery", most noticeably when the speed of the pan shifts, and predominantly with edges of frames.

Does that sound like what you mean? If so, I can't think of a way around it... but I'll check out whether applying speed changes alleviates the problem.

Cheers - Tony
John -

If you've detrmined that that is the problem, uninstalling and reinstalling shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'd use a dedicated uninstaller like Revo, to remove registry entries, but some forum members would disagree.

Definitely don't try copying folders - too prone to error & messed up installation (if at all).

Cheers - Tony
Hi orensela -

I can't exactly replicate your stated problem, but there are some inconsistencies that show up when using a mixed timeline like that (i.e. a combination of Theme Designer templates and your own clips and images inserted separately). The "inconsistencies" occur depending on which particular TD templates you've applied.

As an example, in testing your issue I imported a number of UHD & 1920x1080 clips with video bitrates of ~60Mbps, plus a bunch of 24MP photos. I chose the UHD clips with higher VBR because I thought it might illuminate your issue. After assembling a mixed project using 3 different TD templates, I produced to AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080 @ 25Mbps.

You're right - all the non-TD sections looked crisp & clean, but the TD sections did not always measure up. They did, howver play back smoothly.

I determined that the video clips embedded in some templates caused the PQ issues... they're 1280x720 8Mbps WMVs(!) sitting right beside glorious UHD clips played at full screen. I'm particularly referring the the "Beach" template here. In the TD templates without any embedded video clips, PQ was equivalent.

What TD templates did you use? What are the properties of your imported video clips? That information may help to lead to a resolution.

Cheers - Tony
Hi John -

I'm not sure whether it may be anythng to do with the fact that PDR is installed on your "internal data drive", and nor am I suggesting it is.

The first thing I'd check is the standard file paths assigned to DZ template installations... if you look in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink you'll find a number of sub-folders name "Downloaded xxxxxxxx". Are those folders populated?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Matt -

I always understood "time shifting" to mean changing the speed, but I don't think that's what you mean.

If you're trying to align clips with the master track, you can:

1. Move the entire clip - frame by frame using Alt + arrow keys

2. Change video speed - Ctrl + drag ends (or use Tools > Video Speed)

3. Split/trim clips to fit

It's difficult to know exactly what to advise without knowing the circumstance, because how you'd approach it would vary.

Maybe a few timeline screenshot with specific examples might help.

Cheers - Tony
Hi William -

For any downloaded/custom effect templates (transitions, titles etc), you can just right click and delete them (one by one).

Cheers - Tony
There's a possibility it could be related to this.

Couldn't say for sure, but it would be my best guess.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Espen -

Something's very odd at your end. Here, the logo is visible in the title whether it's alone or overlaid on a clip. See attached timeline shot.

Cheers - Tony
Hmmm - I just downloaded the 2017 Travel3 template to a different PC & the CyberLink logo is present (as it was before I uploaded).

All I did was:

1. Locate the folder containing the downloaded template in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Titles

2. Opened the folder & checked to contents to see what was causing the "grey" appearance

3. Saw that the graphic file "wb-fs8.png" was semi-transparent

4. Opened it in Pain.NET & made it completely transparent

5. Closed all the up & opened PDR... & it seemed to be what you wanted.

Usually I'm able to understand the elements of a template like that, but this one is a bit of a mystery to me because that CyberLink logo does NOT appear in the Title Designer timeline (even though it's in the template folder).

Cheers - Tony
Beats me what happened there! I didn't change anything to do with the CL logo (I thought).

See if this 2nd attempt does the job.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jonathan & anyone else interested -

I've been kindly reminded about what prompted me to (incorrectly) state that it was "impossible" to roll back to an earlier build of PDR... Ignoring my exaggeration of the facts, it is possible that rolling back in that way (installing a previous patch without uninstalling first) may cause issues:

• compatibility between DLLs & interdependancies, depending on what was modified between update patches

Essentially, you end up with an "inconsistent set of installs" (to quote my guardian angel friend).

Cheers - Tony
Go to: