Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 Title Designer crashes
JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Today, as I went to use PD 15, Title Designer simply decided to start crashing on me. It was working fine yesterday.

I have reinstalled PD. I've used three different versions - 2509, 2820, and 3015 beta. And in every case, PD just hangs as soon as I try to edit a title.

Nothing changed on my system. It is still an ancient i5 2nd gen processor, 32 GB of RAM, and a Radeon RX 550 2GB, which was working just fine yesterday on the 2509 build.

What's going on?
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)
[Post New]
Why don't you try to restore your system to an earlier date and see what happens? PDTemplateZone - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Why don't you try to restore your system to an earlier date and see what happens?
Because there aren't any restore points between today and yesterday? I closed PD, put the computer to sleep, came back the next day, loaded up my project, and PD has not been working since.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There's a possibility it could be related to this.

Couldn't say for sure, but it would be my best guess.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There's a possibility it could be related to this.

Cheers - Tony
It's possible, if it were not for the part where I succumbed and did a complete reinstall of PowerDirector...

But thanks for remembering!
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There's a possibility it could be related to this.

Cheers - Tony
It's possible, if it were not for the part where I succumbed and did a complete reinstall of PowerDirector...

But thanks for remembering!
PD 15 is still broke. I have done an in-place reinstallation of Windows 10, and yet another fresh install of PD 15. But the program still seizes up every time I attempt to edit a title. Any other suggestions?
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Story time:

After several attempts at reinstalling Windows and PowerDirector, I decided to take a plunge and do a reset on Windows where I deleted all apps and all settings.

It is back to normal again.

One of the first things I reinstalled was PowerDirector. When it first booted up, I noticed something that had not been true for a long time: the default images loaded into the media library.

I had disabled that ages ago.

Previously, when I had reinstalled PowerDirector, however, that setting had remained. Somewhere, my preferences were being retained between installations.

Ergo: I believe my preferences files may have become corrupted somehow. It would have saved me a TON of time, however, if I could have reset THOSE instead of reseting all of Windows and all of my applications. Can anyone tell me how that might have been accomplished? Where are PowerDirector's preferences stored?