Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cyrillic subtitels
PIP68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2017 09:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I tried to insert Cyrillic subtitles /srt file/ for my project. Which fonts working with Cyrillic ? I tried most of them but without success.

What needs to do ?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 21. 2017 09:58

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I tried to insert Cyrillic subtitles /srt file/ for my project. Which fonts working with Cyrillic ? I tried most of them but without success.

What needs to do ?
You would need to download and install a Cyrillic Font in Windows, for it to show up in Title Designer.

Search for Cyrillic fonts. There are many sites to get fonts for free.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2017 22:38

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PIP68 -

I just tried a font called Anonymous Pro from here & it seemed to work fine with this Bulgarian text in subtitles:

Всички хора се раждат свободни и равни по достойнство и права. Tе са надарени с разум и съвест и следва да се отнасят помежду си в дух на братство.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PIP68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I tried to insert Cyrillic subtitles /srt file/ for my project. Which fonts working with Cyrillic ? I tried most of them but without success.

What needs to do ?
You would need to download and install a Cyrillic Font in Windows, for it to show up in Title Designer.

Search for Cyrillic fonts. There are many sites to get fonts for free.

PIP68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi PIP68 -

I just tried a font called Anonymous Pro from here & it seemed to work fine with this Bulgarian text in subtitles:

Всички хора се раждат свободни и равни по достойнство и права. Tе са надарени с разум и съвест и следва да се отнасят помежду си в дух на братство.

Cheers - Tony

Благодаря :

PIP68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi PIP68 -

Cheers - Tony

Благодаря :

When I use font for Word documents ,not a problem to write bulgarian. Ones I tried insert subtitels in Power director 15 - going to font change option can't do it,stillsubtitels not on Cyrillic.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe I'm missing something (not being any kind of expert on Cyrillic languages).

What I did was:

1. type the text in Notepad or Word with a return after each subtitle

2. set the subtitle positions & durations in a PDR project

3. copy each line of text & paste it into the subtitles

4. format the subtitles using an appropriate font - Apply to All

There's a small packed project attached as an example, including the Notepad text file, the exported .SRT file, & the font used in the project.

It looks right to me (?)

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Cyrillic Subtitles.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5282 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
269 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PIP68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe I'm missing something (not being any kind of expert on Cyrillic languages).

What I did was:

1. type the text in Notepad or Word with a return after each subtitle

2. set the subtitle positions & durations in a PDR project

3. copy each line of text & paste it into the subtitles

4. format the subtitles using an appropriate font - Apply to All

There's a small packed project attached as an example, including the Notepad text file, the exported .SRT file, & the font used in the project.

It looks right to me (?)

Cheers - Tony

Thanks mate, I found the problem. Just need to change some Windows settings and everything is ok now. :