Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Jonathan & anyone else interested -

I've been kindly reminded about what prompted me to (incorrectly) state that it was "impossible" to roll back to an earlier build of PDR... Ignoring my exaggeration of the facts, it is possible that rolling back in that way (installing a previous patch without uninstalling first) may cause issues:

• compatibility between DLLs & interdependancies, depending on what was modified between update patches

Essentially, you end up with an "inconsistent set of installs" (to quote my guardian angel friend).

Cheers - Tony
Hi Nørsterud -

Fair question! It cannot be done in Title Designer.

That "grey" isn't really grey - it's a semi-transparent background. When it's inserted over a video or photo it's barely even noticeable.

Here's a modified version where the background is completely transparent. All I did was modify the background graphic "wb-fs8.png" found in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Titles to make it fully transparent.

Cheers - Tony
Yes - you can do that in PDR...

It's done by overlaying a duplicate video (i.e. same clip in Tracks 1 & 2). The clip in Track 2 is scaled up & masked.

Here's a little example... with apologies to Andy Irvine, who doesn't deserve such treatment laughing

The key to it is keyframes, so it's important to get on top of the concepts involved.

Cheers - Tony
There you go - thie quirks of the system! There are variables all over the place. Different OS. Different media players. Different versions of different media players...

You're right tomasc. MediaInfo reads the produced file as 1280x720 (16:9) with a 90° rotation. Video Info does the same, but doesn't list an orientation flag.

Cheers - Tony
Agreed Frank -

That would be a useful feature! or even a reset button, so that you could apply adjustments to all clips in the timeline then reset particular clips to their original state.

Why not use "Apply to All", then just re-insert you opening & ending sequences as either produced files or inserted projects?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Philip -

tomasc is correct here. For your purposes you need a genuine video loop, where the last frames lead smoothly into the first frames of the repeated clip.

There are plenty of cloud loops available online. Some are free - others not. Two examples here.

Note: If you use a fade transition between the clips, make sure it's set to overlap-type. Not cross-type!

Cheers - Tony
Hi jeenad.holic -

What media player are you using?
Longedge is all over this one!

It is not, as far as I can tell, a problem with how PDR is producing the 9:16 video. It is a problem with how Media Player Classic - Home Cinema is interpreting the aspect ratio data.

Playing the produced video in VLC Player, Windows Media Player, Win10 Films & TV, or GOM Player will yield the correct Display Aspect Ratio.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Frank -

Even though it's not immediately obvious, there is a way to make an adjustment in CDR & apply it to multiple clips in PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: It's impossible to revert to a former version without uninstalling & re-installing

Damn! Who put "im" in front of "possible"?

Thanks Jonathan - I always thought you couldn't do that... but it works. Learn something every day.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again Abi -

Thanks for uploading your clip for testing.

Sorry - I can't replicate your issue. Colours in the original & produced file are (as good as) identical. In the attached screenshot, half is the original & half is the produced file.

Your provided clip is AVC 1280x720 @26Mbps. I produced using SVRT to AVC MP4 1280x720 @ 26Mbps. You can download the produced file here.

So - I'm not sure what's happening at your end without further information.

Cheers - Tony
Hi JonathanS -

You are absolutely right! EEK!

Unlisted screen capture

It's impossible to revert to a former version without uninstalling & re-installing frown so that might be necessary.

Cheers - Tony
I see what you mean...

No - not a rendered file or a YouTube processed file. A short clip straight off your Canon 70D.

The more detail you can give on what editing you did & what format/profile was used for production the better.

Cheers - Tony
I really don't know what's happening there. You seem to be doing everything correctly.

Someone just "knocked on my door" and asked, "Has that 360 guy installed the latest patch for PDR15?" There was a related issue resolved by an earlier patch. Just make sure you're running PDR15.0.2820.0

Worth a shot if it needs updating.

Cheers - Tony
I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty getting a decent produced file. I'm surprised you're getting such poor results.

Do you have a short clip from your 70D that could be uploaded to a shared file site for testing?

Cheers - Tony
Thank you. Yes - that worked (here).

I renamed the folder from Title_000 to Title_015 (the next in sequence) & it shows up in my PDR15 custom title templates. Screenshot attached.

You don't, perhaps, have sub-folders within your sub-folder, do you? Probably a silly question - just scratching for an explanation.

Cheers - Tony
What happens when you:

1. unzip the attached file

2. rename the folder to Title_xxx to be the next in sequence in your PDR15 "MyTitles" folder

3. drop it in the folder

4. open PDR15's Title Room

?

I made it in PDR14.

Cheers - Tony
OK - that helps a bit... & it shows there's something else wrong. In PDR15, you only have 11 title templates in total, including your 2 custom jobs. My PDR15 has 150+, not including custom & downloaded.

Did you install the Contents Packs that came with PDR15? (this is quite a separate issue from the one you've posted).

Could you please:

1. Select one of the custom title folders in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0\MyTitles

2. Zip it - right click > send to Compressed (zipped) folder

3. Attach the zip file here

... just want to check something.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Robert -

Obviously the clip should be displaying properly in CDR. Have you tried reinstalling your GPU driver?

When you say you "saved a file" I assume you mean "produce". Yes? What format profile was used? Strange that PDR doesn't even recognise it in the folder when you try to import.

Attached: CDR properties of clip (shot at 960fps but converted in-camera). Produced file imported into PDR.

Cheers - Tony
So, you opened the PDR14 "MyTitles" folder - copied all the contents (subfolders named Title_000 etc) - pasted those folders into the PDR15 "MyTitles" folder... and the custom templates don't appear in PDR15?

Could you attach a screenshot of each of those folders & PDR15's Title Room - - Custom?

Cheers - Tony
Hi 360vids -

First up, you shouldn't need to do that at all. The custom templates you made in PDR14 should be available in PDR15.

Anyway, they're stored at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0. Your watermarks would probably be in the MyTitles sub-folder.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Waldemere -

I'm sure Steve wasn't implying anything about your PDR8 being stolen or hacked. It's a fact that, where a version of PDR comes installed with a PC, it is not a full retail version.

When you open your PDR8 "About" screen (shown in one of your screenshots), you'll see that it says PowerDirector DE 8.0.4527. This table shows a comparison between Ultra, Deluxe, HE & DE versions.

Unfortunately, very few forum members would be using a DE version of PDR8, so it's difficult/impossible to test your issue... which seems to be resolved using the full version of PDR14.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: