Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade in|out on images bugged in Title Designer, 2820
JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I open a title in Title Designer, the functionality of fade in / fade out breaks for images in the title. Setting these has no meaning. The familiar dark grey bars do not appear on the designer timeline anymore, and the setting simply unticks when I leave the designer.

The only way these work is if I drop a custom title onto the timeline that already uses these features, and then do not open the title in the Title Designer. Obviously, that is not a work-around.

These worked in the previous version, and the bug has surfaced since updating to 2820. Can I revert back to the previous build so I can get my work done? Otherwise I need an immediate fix - there's videos that need to be produced and released TODAY.
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
335 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
60 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 10. 2017 20:21

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JonathanS -

You are absolutely right! EEK!

Unlisted screen capture

It's impossible to revert to a former version without uninstalling & re-installing frown so that might be necessary.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi JonathanS -

You are absolutely right! EEK!

Unlisted screen capture

It's impossible to revert to a former version without uninstalling & re-installing frown so that might be necessary.

Cheers - Tony
Hey PDToots, thatnks for the reply.

To your last comment, however, I found a way to DOWNgrade: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Select the second one down for 2509, run that installer, and PD will be set backward to the previous build. It may not be an offical way to do it, but it seems to be working as it did before, and a new computer is just around the corner, anyway.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It's impossible to revert to a former version without uninstalling & re-installing

Damn! Who put "im" in front of "possible"?

Thanks Jonathan - I always thought you couldn't do that... but it works. Learn something every day.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
These worked in the previous version, and the bug has surfaced since updating to 2820. Can I revert back to the previous build so I can get my work done? Otherwise I need an immediate fix - there's videos that need to be produced and released TODAY.

Since you are in hurry, I suggest you to reinstall the old one to workaround it, old version could open your project correctly.

Even hotfix may need couple days at least. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]

Since you are in hurry, I suggest you to reinstall the old one to workaround it, old version could open your project correctly.

Even hotfix may need couple days at least.
As mentioned above, I was able to install the previous version on top of the latest version. This seems to be working as well as it had before (with all of its numerous bugs). Doing this, I was able to release the video - at 11:30 p.m. ...

But this bug is a deal-breaker for me to be able to use the current version. I can't upgrade until I know it's been fixed.

Also, I released five videos before I detected this bug. The intros to all of them are all screwed up, but it's too late to fix them now.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Jonathan & anyone else interested -

I've been kindly reminded about what prompted me to (incorrectly) state that it was "impossible" to roll back to an earlier build of PDR... Ignoring my exaggeration of the facts, it is possible that rolling back in that way (installing a previous patch without uninstalling first) may cause issues:

• compatibility between DLLs & interdependancies, depending on what was modified between update patches

Essentially, you end up with an "inconsistent set of installs" (to quote my guardian angel friend).

Cheers - Tony
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jonathan & anyone else interested -

I've been kindly reminded about what prompted me to (incorrectly) state that it was "impossible" to roll back to an earlier build of PDR... Ignoring my exaggeration of the facts, it is possible that rolling back in that way (installing a previous patch without uninstalling first) may cause issues:

• compatibility between DLLs & interdependancies, depending on what was modified between update patches

Essentially, you end up with an "inconsistent set of installs" (to quote my guardian angel friend).

Cheers - Tony
I figured that would be the case. Basically, some of the files from the new version, that are NOT overwrittern by the previous version, would remain.

I recommended it as a stop-gap measure while I wait for a hotfix. It lets me continue working without doing a complete reinstallation. At least, without doing a reinstallation right now - there's probably one in my future. Heck, a whole new computer may be in my future.

Also, I created a tech support ticket for this issue. Still haven't heard back from CyberLink, even after five days. That's typical, though - sometimes it takes them two weeks to respond to those.